Status: just started

A Walk in the Park with You

don't fear the reaper

Me and bethan were sitting outside on my roof smoking pot, I took a deep inhale and then passed it to her, slightly coughing. “Bethan?” I mumbled. She hummed in response while taking another hit off of the steamroller. “So I wen’t on a date with Kit.” I said fast and almost like it didn’t mean anything. She coughed and opened her eyes wide and looked at me like I was the antichrist in a bad trip of hers.

“You did what?” “Kit, he took me out to a concert last week, he invited me to a party tomorrow night but I don’t really have any interest in seeing him again.” “Good, he’s dangerous, he may seem like a popular guy who only wants sex but he’s so much more than that, he’s trouble. Bad trouble,like gangs and always has a tendency to get his girls caught up in the wrongs things at the wrong time.” “Well, thats his business, I’m not going to see him again.”

“Why did you go in the first place?” she laughed and handed me the bong. I took a long drag and then exhaled while sighing. “I met him outside on a friday night on my first week, long story short I thought he was ok, Then he started showing up everywhere and I got a feeling he wanted me for more than my opinion on politics. He came to my house and told me he’d pick me up to see a concert i wanted to go to so badly, so i figured what could it hurt. but now he has this idea in his head that im his friend.” I was rambling so bad I took another hit just to shut myself up. Me being high and vulnerable wasn’t a great mix. “Well you’re not his friend,but we are going to that party but avoid him.” Thats where we left the conversation and climbed through the sun roof of my house and landed on the couch, safely. I put on Blue oyster cult’s “best of” CD as don’t fear the reaper came on and the last thing I can remember is spacing out while eating leftover chinese food with bethan.

I woke up to Bethan ontop of me and shaking me awake. “Wake up and get a shower.” “Its..” I checked my cell phone. “11pm” “I know,wake up.” I pushed her off of me and walked out into the kitchen to make some coffee. I was still a little high from last night, and I looked around to Jerad in my living room. “BETHAN” I yelled while giggling simultaneously to myself. “what hahaha”
“Why is jerad in my living room?” “I may or may not have invited him over last night while you were asleep.” “such a slut” I laughed. she slapped my shoulder and went to wake him up.

I’m so glad I have Bethan an Jerad there such good friends to me, and there really good at keeping my mind off of my past. But nothing could keep my mind off of Kit. Have you ever met or saw someone and new you could potentially sign over the deed to america if they asked you too? Like looking at them made you want to go to any length to see them again. If Kit was such a bad person why did he make me feel like doing good things. When I’m with him I’m not scarlett, I’m anything he asks of me potentially. With this move, and with my mom being gone some much. I feel things I never thought bothered me and Kit, he’s just so smooth and comforting. He’s like a dull knife, you know if you press hard enough that it can hurt but you want to know how long it takes to make you bleed. Why is he doing this to me.

It dawned on me finally that is was almost time for the party. I got dressed in black thigh highs, high waisted shorts, a grey wash crop top with my army green jacket over it. My long black hair was curled, my winged eyeliner on point, my black docs on and I was sitting on the couch waiting for bethan to get ready. I heard a knock on the door, I opened it without subconsciously realizing what I was doing. Kit stood there in a pair of straight leg dark wash jeans, a black v neck, his wavy hair slightly gelled back, He wore black vans and a black beanie. I pinned my mouth in a straight line to keep from smiling he stepped forward and kissed my cheek “You stand out better than all the stars in the sky” he said gently. I tried to show that his cheesey compliment didn’t phase me but he just chuckled at my silence. “I’ll be right back, I have to tell bethan I’m leaving.”

I walked back to the bathroom and bethan turned around. “Is that Kit?” she whispered. “Yeah… I’m gonna go with him, I’ll see you at the party..” “What? why. No i told you he’s trouble.” “I’m sorry. bye.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ehhh could be worse, I have barely any readers or subscribers, and i'd really like to know what im doing wrong, or what i could change, any criticism is appriciated. this is the first chapter I edited and worked on all the others were right off the top of my head so idk. comment and subscribe!