My Little Lucifer

Two

I searched everywhere for him over the course of the following weeks. Returning to the alley, going up on the rooftops, searching around that area. I came up with nothing each time.

Having found out "I'd" been powerful enough to kill their leader, the gang left me alone, which was a little relief anyhow.

But it was one night, after a particularly gruelling day of looking for him, when I saw him again.
I was sat on my building's roof, leaning over the railing and looking out over the city.

"I still don't know how you couldn't have a cigarette at a moment like this." I nearly jumped out of my skin, I wouldn't have done, but my nerves were so shot and I couldn't believe it was his voice I was hearing.

"It's you!!"

"Very observant." My skin flushed in embarrassment and he chuckled.

"How cute. I didn't even know boys did that." I glared at him but blushed even more, cursing my sensitive skin in my head.

"Who are you?"

"That's for me to know...and you...well you know the rest of it."

"Oh come on. You saved my life, the gang doesn't bother me anymore, and you got me help. I would've had to drag myself out of there if it weren't for you. Just your name, that's it. I'm-"

"Oliver Scott Sykes. I know." I feel uncomfortable that he knew my name and he shook my hand.

"James Franco. Pleasure to meet you." I nodded slowly, his eyes narrowed in amusement.

"So does that really help you?"

"S'pose not." He chuckled again quietly, leaning on the railing with me.

"Why did you help me? And how did you know my name? And where I live?"

"I know your name and where you live because I asked around. And I helped you....because you're searching for the book containing the locket of Queen Victoria of England." I froze.

"How did you-"

"That's why the gang was after you. Simple. Relax kid, I'm not gonna kill ya. I've gotta say, for someone of your build, you put up an extraordinary fight against those guys. You seem to know your way around the city." I nodded in confirmation, ignoring the fact that he'd obviously been watching and chose not to intervene until the last second.

"I'll help you find it."

"What?" He repeated his words but I was still in shock.

"You'd help me? Why?"

"Because I'd like someone to know if the legends are true. I'd also like to see you again. I find your mind to be quite fascinating....different to other people I've met."

"My mind? You don't know me. We've barely spoken twice." He smiled.

"I know you're after that locket because you want to know about the legends, not because you want the money. Unlike Jason's gang. And I wouldn't be able to stand seeing the locket in their brain dead hands." I nodded, suppressing the smile that threatened to cross my lips. I still didn't trust him, although every inch of me wanted to.

"And how do I know that, if we were to find it, that you wouldn't just screw me over to sell it to the highest bidder like they wanted to?" He nodded slowly.

"Good point. We'll come up with something that'll make you trust me." The smile that accompanied his words made me feel slightly embarrassed and I looked out over the city, trying to calm the racing heartbeat that I couldn't understand.

"Fine." His eyes narrowed slightly as he grinned and balanced his cigarette between his lips, shaking my hand for the second time, only this time it contained a promise.

"Pleasure doing business with you. I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other very soon, Oliver." I nodded and he walked away, jumping over the side of the building. I rushed over and he was stood on the ground looking up, he grinned and gave me a quick two-fingered salute before jogging away. I shook my head in disbelief and went back to looking over the city.

What had I just agreed to?

I knew I couldn't really trust him, not really, but oh how I wanted to. I found him quite...I don't even know how to describe him. And I'm not exactly sure of what my feelings towards him were either.

This could be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment you guys! I need feedback on this story!