Topless.

Topless.

John was going to flip his shit when he saw what I was wearing.
You’d be surprised how jealous he gets when I show too much in public. As much as he loves it, he can’t stand it when other guys gawk at me.
But fuck it. This was a pool party. All the girls would be wearing bikinis. Guys were going to act like pigs with all of us. It was just a normal bikini I was wearing, anyway; nothing too revealing. Though I have a feeling that won’t matter to him.
When I show up at Tim’s house, John sees me and his eyes instantly widen.
I bite my lip. “Hey, Johnny.”
"What do you think you’re wearing?"
I blow my hair out of my face, exasperated. I rest my hand on my hip. “John. It is summer. In Arizona. And it’s over fucking 100 degrees. I think I’m allowed to wear a bikini.”
He looks me up and down and shakes his head. “You at least brought like a dress or something, right?”
I roll my eyes. “Yes.”
"Can you please put it on."
I throw my arms out and whine, “John!”
He sighs. “Okay, okay.” He steps closer and presses his lips to mine. “But just let me know if any of these idiots pass a line.”
"Yes, dad," I scoff, crossing my arms.
His lips twitch and he winks. “That’s daddy to you, sweetheart.”
~
By the time it’s evening, almost everyone is buzzed except me. Hurray for being a designated driver.
I hear laughter and loud footsteps behind me, then John’s shout. “Halvorsen! Don’t you fucking dare - I’ll kick your ass!”
Before I can turn or respond, I feel a hand against my neck, pulling the bikini strings of my top loose. I gasp as Eric goes running past. My hands instantly shoot up to hide my breasts, even though half of everyone here already saw.
John reacts before I can, grabbing the nearest towel and holding it up to my chest. His face is red with anger. “I’m going to fucking kill him,” he mutters under his breath.
All I can do is blink and hug the towel to my chest. John takes a deep breath and raises his eyes to mine. “You okay?”
I nod and his mouth is set in a straight line. He presses his lips to my forehead. “Wait here.”
Not a moment later, he returns with his shirt and pulls it over my head. I slip my arms into the sleeves as he shrugs it down. It’s so big on me, it fits as well as my dress.
"That’s better," he breathes. "Now."
He turns on his heel and clenches his fists. “WHERE THE FUCK IS HALVO?!”
Many heads turn in one direction, others moving out of the way. There stands Halvorsen, like a deer caught in the headlights. “Shit.”
He goes sprinting and I can’t help but laugh. “John!” I call before he can chase after him.
He stops in his tracks and looks back at me. I shake my head. “Let’s go home.”
Although his eyebrows furrow, he nods. Before we leave he tells Tim to let Halvo know that he better not think he was getting off easily.
Once we’re in the car, I turn to John and raise an eyebrow. Is he blushing?
"John?"
He looks up shyly. “Yeah?”
I smile. “That was…sweet.”
"No big deal," he says, shrugging. He scratches the back of his neck and sighs. "I just…I-I don’t know. I don’t like the thought of any other guy seeing more of you than he should."
I bite my lip. He wasn’t just jealous. He was being protective. And God dammit, was it cute.
Unbuckling my seatbelt, I crawl over into his lap and press my lips to his. He sighs and squeezes my hips. “Thank you,” I whisper. “And you don’t have to worry so much, John. I’m all yours.”
He grins widely. “I love you.”
I laugh and climb back into my seat. “I love you, too.”
"I’m still gonna kill him," John says in a serious tone, his eyes dark. "No one else touches you but me."
I smirk. That was the jealous side of him talking.
He rests his hand over the wheel before I can pull out of the driveway. “Am I wrong? Or do I need to remind you?”
I bite my lip. When I don’t answer, he sits back in his seat. “Drive.”
And I knew he’d be reminding me when we got home regardless.