Synthetic Love

The Kids From Yesterday

'Ready?' Ryan asked me, as he watched me applying my red lipstick.
I smiled softly at him through the mirror. 'Yeah.'
He twirled me around, wrapping his arms around my waist and looked into my blue eyes.
'I love you. Never forget that.' He whispered.
I smiled and nodded. 'I love you too.' I smiled and he kissed me. I smirked into the kiss, knowing that he'd have red lips from my lipstick.
'What're you smirking at?' He asked against my lips.
'Nothing…' I kissed him again, before taking a final look in the mirror and leaving the bedroom.
It had been months since I had seen Nicole.
Chris always came to see Ryan and I but she never came with him. She had changed so much.
Chris told us how she was doing; that she was working with MAC and that she was really excited.
Her appearance also seemed to have changed slightly. She now has dark brown hair with highlights and was just as beautiful, if not, more.
To be honest, I'm nervous to see her. A year is a long time to be away from one of your best friends.
Chris told me that Nicole was receiving hate and criticisms for her makeup and clothing line. I couldn't understand why; they were great!
He also told me that she and he would be appearing on the cover of INKED magazine and that Nicole looked amazing in it. I made a mental note to buy a copy.
'Come on, love.' Ryan said, guiding me towards his car, after locking our apartment door.
I carefully sat in the passenger seat, as Ryan got into the driver seat, after putting our cases into the trunk.
'How's the pain?' Ryan asked me, pulling out of the driveway.
I shrugged slightly. 'It's been worse. I took some painkillers before we left.'
He sighed, taking my hand. 'You know you have to say that you're in pain. I won't know unless you tell me.'
'I know.' I whispered.
'I wish you didn't have to go through this, love. If I could take half of the pain I would.' He said, stopping at the traffic lights.
I bit my lip, pulling out my phone. I had a new message from my friend, Maddie. I opened the message.
"Hey Lyss
I wanted you to know that this poll on tumblr is stupid and to ignore it:)"
I frowned. What poll?
'What's wrong?' Ryan asked.
'Maddie sent me a text talking about some tumblr poll.' I said, confused.
Ryan's jaw clenched.
'What's wrong, Ry-Ry?' I whispered.
'Nothing. It's stupid.' He replied.
'Obviously not if it has you worked up about it. Tell me.' I said.
'A few twelve year olds on twitter thought it would be funny to make a poll on tumblr to see who the "prettiest" Motionless girl is. So stupid and childish.' He muttered.
'Who won?' I asked, knowing that it wasn't me.
'Nicole.' He muttered, rolling his eyes.
Ryan had gained a somewhat dislike towards Nicole, for ignoring me and her "large ego".
'Another thing for her to boast about.' He added distastefully.
'Ignore that stupid poll, Lyss. You are way more beautiful than her.' He said, parking the car in one of the spaces at the airport.
Ryan and I were attending fashion week in New York and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. I was going to New York with my husband! I knew I was also going to have a run-in with Nicole and this made me slightly nervous but excited at the same time.
We got out of the car and walked over to the Departure wing of the airport. I smiled when I saw Maddie, who was coming with us to New York.

*FF a few hours*

We headed to the hotel room, which we were all sharing, to drop our bags off.
I quickly changed into my black, lacy, knee-length dress and black heels and fixed my makeup, while Ryan got changed into more appropriate clothes than his black jeans and plain black shirt.
Maddie changed into a dark grey dress that stopped mid-thigh.
'Let's go, ladies.' Ryan offered his arm to both of us and I chuckled. I looped my arm through his and walked towards the elevator.
We got into the cab and drove through New York.
It was so beautiful. The sights were amazing.
When we finally arrived, I took a step out of the cab and was greeted by several cheers. I smiled slightly, but waited for Ryan to climb out. Once he did, I took his arm and followed him towards the venue.
Everyone started cheering loudly when Chris and Nicole exited their car. I smiled slightly but didn't draw any attention to myself.
After the show, we returned to the hotel. Nicole didn't notice me, but I wasn't sure if I wanted her to. I knew I was going to have to wise up and talk to her tomorrow at the launch party of her new MAC collection.
I sat on my and Ryan's bed, taking my heels off and wiping off my makeup.
'Hey Lyss.' Ryan sat behind me and moved so I was sitting in between his legs. I leaned my back against his chest.
'Hey…' I sighed.
'You look really sexy in that dress by the way…' he purred in my ear.
I chuckled quietly. 'Maddie is here.'
He groaned quietly. 'I know. Damn.'
I chuckled and turned around so I was facing him, my legs around his waist, still sitting.
'Damn…if she wasn't here…' he winked at me and I chuckled slightly.
'If she wasn't here? What would you do if she wasn't here?' I whispered, already knowing his answer.
'Mmmm wouldn't you like to know?' He winked, before kissing me.
'Mmhmm.' I hummed.
'Well…it'd be like this!' He pulled me down on top of him, so I was straddling him.
'And a little like this…' he started thrusting his hips against mine.
I giggled against his lips.
'That was…detailed.' I chuckled.
'Mmm.' He slapped my ass, still thrusting.
'Wow! Wow! Did not need to see that. Wow. '
My eyes widened and rolled off of Ryan. 'Maddie! Err…' I looked at Ryan, who was trying not to laugh.
'You want alone time? You just needed to ask.' Maddie laughed, before leaving the room.
'Now that she's gone…' Ryan grinned, before climbing on top of me, kissing me.

**next day**

I woke up to cigarette breath. I groaned and hid my head under the pillow. Ryan knows how much I despise cigarette breath and smoke but just loves pissing me off because…well, the fact that he's a guy should explain everything.

Today was the release of Maddie's release of her MAC collection and I knew how excited she was about it. She deserved it after how much effort she put into her work and it payed off.

I pushed Ryan off of me and climbed on top of him and hugged him.
"Hey."
"Hey."
"You better start getting ready for Maddie's big do." He kissed me.
"You're coming too." I kissed him back.
"I know. Is Maddie here?"
He smirked. "She disappeared to her 'friend' Richard's house. She texted saying she'd meet us at the party."
I rolled my eyes. Typical Mads.

I got off of him and started getting ready.
I dressed in a dark knee-length red dress that faded into black at my stomach and minimal make up but made sure I was wearing my signature dark pink lipstick.
Ryan was dressed in a black tux and I helped him make his hair…"suitable for the occasion" let's say.
We got into the taxi and I held Ryan's hand, slightly nervous.
"You OK baby?" He asked.
I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah."
"OK." He knew not to force anything out of me.
We arrived and I immediately saw Maddie dressed in…my dress from last night?
"Dude why're you wearing my dress?" I said, without greeting.
"Because we're friends and friends share clothes." She said, rolling her eyes. "Duh."
"I wore that last night." I chuckled.
She pursed her lips for a few seconds. "Meh."
I chuckled at her.
Maddie, Ryan and I stood near the entrance, waiting for Chris and Maddie.
They arrived and I started making my way over to them with a smile on my face. I'd missed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry guys I had so much work and revision and exams and I'm so sorry ;-;
Thanks for reading
Midnight.Moments