Arrested.

Arrested.

I should kill him. But I wasn’t going to do that because I already saw this coming. I had almost expected it to happen one of these days.
Of course he’d go out and do something as stupid as get a DUI. As much as I told him to take it easy that night, he didn’t listen to me. He’d stormed off in his truck after a party and I’d caught up just in time to watch him get handcuffed and stuffed into the backseat of the police car that had pulled him over. He spent the night at jail because frankly, he deserved it. That’s what he got for not listening to me. Now I had to bail him out.
When I wake up in the morning and remember what John had done, I groan and get myself ready, grabbing my keys and heading out.
He hangs his head until we get to the car. “Baby-” he starts to say.
"Save it," I chuckle. "I’m the least of your worries. You better get ready to explain this to the guys."
He groans. “How pissed off are they?”
"Furious," I respond, pulling out of the parking lot. "You should have seen their faces when I went back to the party and told them I had to pick you up in the morning because you were at the police station. They flipped."
"Fuck," he mutters under his breath. Then, heaving a heavy sigh. "Well, thanks for the ‘Get Out of Jail Free’ card, darlin’."
"Trust me, that was by no means free," I say, laughing. "And knowing the guys and the way they freaked out, they’ll find a way for you to suffer the consequences and make you pay."
He scoffs. “Haven’t I suffered enough? Do you know how much torture it is to handle a hangover in jail?”
All I can do is laugh. He’s such an idiot.
The minute we step into the house where the guys are waiting for us, they all start reprimanding him.
"What the fuck where you thinking, O’Callaghan?!" Jared shouts first.
"We kept t-telling you to lay off the tequila," Pat tells him.
"Do you know how worried we were?" Kennedy mutters.
"You should have seen your mom," Garrett adds.
Johns eyes widen. “You assholes told my mother?!”
"We had no choice," he snaps back. "We had to give her some reason for why you didn’t come back."
He groans and I sigh, coming up behind him. “Go easy on him, boys. He’s had a rough night.”
"That’s his own fault," Garrett mutters.
John narrows his eyes. “My own fucking girlfriend took it easier on me than all of you jerks. Even she wasn’t this mad.”
I roll my eyes. I didn’t get mad because it was something he would do. Nonetheless, I loop an arm around his waist. “I think he’s learned his lesson.”
The guys make a sound of disapproval, not convinced.
John pouts at me. “They’re meanies.”
I laugh and pat his chest. “Awe, it’s okay, Johnny. You can make up for it somehow.”
He raises an eyebrow when I shoot him a wink. His head snaps in the direction of the guys. “You bastards can get the fuck out now.”