Boondock Princess

Prologue

Isabella had brightly dyed red hair, large brown eyes and pouty lips that beckoned for male attention. She was the fortunate one in the Della Rocco family, unlike her brother with his towering stature and his prominent Italian facial features. He was never fond of the name David and aptly became simply Rocco. He was always the funny one in the family, never a moment of silence was to be had when he was in the room, glowing in an aura that could only be described as exuberant. Isabella silently lamented his constant cheer as he got further and further into his horrendous career as a package boy for a mob boss down town. She didn’t agree with the things the people he worked for did. They were evil as far as she was concerned and her brother didn’t belong with them; however it was all he had done since he was fourteen and it was all he knew. Rocco had gotten into the dealings of death when their father had died; he was reluctant at first but realising he would have to help provide for his infant sister had spurred him on. Then after losing their mother when Isy was thirteen and Rocco was twenty eight, the two remaining Della Rocco’s only had each other left. Rocco became her legal guardian and tried for the most part to go on the right track and set a good example for his young sibling but the mob was always reeling him back. His best trait; loyalty was also his worst and Isy knew that one day it was going to get him in some serious trouble. Isabella had grown grudgingly up in the underworld crime syndicate, although her brother was simply an errand boy, she felt the burden of every innocent slain by their men, as blood soaked into her flesh. At sixteen, Isabella lost the last remaining member of her family. Rocco had been murdered by the very people he had worked so hard to receive acceptance from, his long time employers; The Yakavetta Family. His two best friends, the Macmanus brothers had sent large wads of money to the apartment Isy had shared with Rocco and his druggie girlfriend, they had done it in a form of condolences but Isabella left it there and ran, her pride too strong to take the money and her heart aching too much to stay. She found a cheap apartment in the even more delapitated part of Boston and she began a new life.
Unfortunately for her, downtown Boston held little in the department of respectable careers and she was reluctantly hired at a strip club that doubled as a brothel when a client flashed enough cash. Isy worked nights, serving drinks to men as they sat around tables and waited for their lap dances, she hated the way they would ogle her in the skimpy outfit that her perverted boss had the audacity to call a uniform. This was her life though and pulling tips from her bra after each shift, just hoping she had made enough to pay that months rent was all she had to look forward to. Isabella had lost hope of ever having a kind hearted husband, white picket fence, a dog called spot and two perfectly well rounded children, the simple thought of even bringing children into this sick world was enough to terrify her out of her wits.
It had been nine years since she lost her brother but there wasnt a day that went by that she didn't miss him, even after all that time, she could still imagine his voice and his laugh and the way he, Murphy and Connor would come back to the apartment, blind drunk at four in the morning and beg her to cook them breakfast. Then she would remember that her life from before was over, now she was barely scraping by, all alone and working in a titty bar.

Welcome to the Boondocks; enjoy your life of guilty pleasures and scummy living, just try not to get caught and don’t get on the wrong side of the mob and then maybe, just maybe you’ll make it out ok.