Green Apple

one.

Rae was sitting on her tiny bed, cross legged as she scrolled down the dark blue page in front of her. Face blank, she tried to ignore the knot that had settled in her stomach the week before finals. Unfortunately, nothing--not even tumblr--could distract her from it entirely.

There was a second tab open on her laptop that she'd been refreshing for the past four hours--final grades for the semester. The brunette wasn't feeling too confident in a couple of her course exams, and failing a class was just what she needed to make this year a fucking disaster.

Not only had she been placed with the roommate from hell (who had thankfully left for Christmas break two days ago), but she had struggled through her algebra class all year, been accused of plagiarism multiple times because "no sophomore can write technical papers that well", had a scary run-in with UPD thanks to the aforementioned roommate, and she was pretty sure her RA hated her, not to mention all the shit that was going on at home without her.

The phone buzzing next to her made Rae jump, but she picked it up and smiled when she saw who had texted.

Celeste.

Ayyyy, what're you up to?(:

Tumblr, waiting for my professors to put final grades in.

The suspense must be terrible.

Rae rolled her eyes. It wasn't like Celeste was doing any different.

Shut up! I have to make sure I passed these classes.

Okay, well, can you do that while drinking?

What do you mean?

There was a knock at the door that made Rae bite the inside of her cheek. It couldn't be. There was no way. Celeste was in Huntsville.

Still, she kicked her legs over the side of the mattress in an ungraceful manner and shuffled over to the door, peering through the little keyhole.

She should have expected to see her best friend's green eye pressed to the other side, but it still kind of creeped her out, and when she opened the door, she was even more surprised when Andy basically flew by her-- riding into her dorm room on that douchey little longboard.

A smile broke out onto her face, though, and Celeste pulled her into a tight one-armed hug. "Surprise!"

Rae let out a happy laugh and looked between her two friends. "What are you guys doing here?"

"I had my last final today and Andy's been out for a while since she doesn't go to real college."

"Hey, man."

Celeste smirked as the blonde flipped her off from where she stood. It was only then that Rae noticed the bottle of Vodka in her hand, and recognizing the look in her eyes, Andy held it out to her with a lazy smile.

They looked the same as the last time Rae had seen them-- Celeste in a stylish, flowy top, a peacoat, tights, and boots. Her green eyes were always shining with mirth, lined with dark makeup, and her pink lips were pressed together in a sort of Mona Lisa smile. The shorter of the two was in a band shirt and jeans while a beanie flattened her bright hair against her forehead. Her brown eyes looked small, squinting behind her glasses, and Rae could easily deduce that she had smoked on the way to Victoria.

Rae took the bottle and unscrewed the top, taking a swig without a second thought. Green Apple.

"Good choice."

"We know."

The three of them took their places, not that Celeste or Andy had ever even been in the particular dormitory before. Whenever they hung out now, it was usually because they were all in Sugar Land.
Rae sat the the head of her bed while her friends were against the wall, Andy's head on Celeste's shoulder.

"Like what you did with the place," the blonde commented, lifting her eyebrows at a poster of One Direction that hung on one of the walls. There were also a few sketches pinned up in various places and a small whiteboard that had some notes written on it.The other side of the room was decorated completely different, and the two newcomers made a silent agreement not to cross over into roommate territory and keep their party of three on Rae's side of the dorm.

The oldest girl looked back to her laptop for a few seconds only to have it closed before her eyes, Andy on the other side of it, doing her best to look stern despite her half-lidded eyes and dopey grin.

"No. Stop stressing about grades. We came here to get you drunk and wind down after a super shitty semester."

"Nice alliteration," the scolded girl murmured.

"Thanks, I thought so, too. I mean, I didn't plan to say it like that, but it worked out so... Fuck, what was I talking about before?" It took about a second and a half for Andy to give up on thinking and rest her head on the girl beside her once again.

"We came here to get drunk!" Celeste supplied for her with a little too much enthusiasm. It was followed by the curvy freshman taking the bottle from Rae's hand and bringing it to her lips.

"Cheers to that," the blonde said without opening her eyes.

Rae looked at the two trainwrecks she called her best friends and grinned. "You guys are doofuses."

"Yeah," Celeste smiled after taking a drink. "We missed you, too."