Status: I take requests!

Day Off

1/1

Sometimes, horrible things happen in your life. It’s safe to say the most horrible thing that could happen to me, happened. I got a crush on one of my band mates. It’s even safer to say that it sucks.
“Ron? Are you okay?” The singer of my band, Ronnie, is standing in front of me. “You seem off,” he says and I sigh. “Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just tired, that’s all,” I reply and I let a smile appear on my face. Ronnie smiles at me too. “Good to hear, man. I was worried something was wrong,” he says and a concerned look appears on his face. I shake my head. “No, man, I’m all good!” I get up off the couch and make my way back to the bunks. I’m not going to tell anyone of my crush on Ryan.
The evening comes to an end soon and I’ve spent every minute of it in my bunk, hating myself for liking one of my band mates. Honestly, worse than band mate. Ryan is my best friend, for 10 years already. I turn on my other side and it doesn’t take long before I’ve drifted off in a dreamless sleep. Next morning, I wake up early. Today is a day off but I don’t feel like going out. I fall down on the couch and I turn on the TV. Soon, I’ve found myself a good movie to watch and I get myself settled. “Morning,” I hear a deep voice. I don’t even have to look up to know it’s Ryan. “Morning,” I reply, keeping my gaze fixed on the television in front of me. “What are you watching?” I can hear the sleep in Ryan’s voice. It’s cute. I bet he has this extremely adorable morning hair so it’s better I just keep watching the movie. “I don’t know, some movie,” I mutter and I feel how Ryan sits down next to me. “Shall we do something? It’s been way too long since we’ve done something together,” he mutters and I tear my eyes form the screen to watch the drummer. I was right, his hair is very messy and cute. “Eh, yeah, sure,” I say and he smiles at me. I feel how my cheeks turn red and I quickly fix my eyes back on the screen.

That day, Ryan and me just have fun in the small town where we have our day off. We pull each other into stores to try on the most weird clothes and we put silly hats on our heads. At the end of the afternoon, the muscles in my face hurt from laughing so much. “Shall we go get dinner? I saw this cute little restaurant here in town,” Ryan says and I nod. “Sounds good!” We head off to the restaurant Ryan mentioned and I have to agree, it’s a nice restaurant. When we got our seats, Ryan looks at me. “Ron, what’s wrong with you? You’ve been acting so strange over the past few days,” he asks me straight away and I feel how I turn pale. “Eh… I… I’m fine?” I say, making it sound more like a question. “No, you’re not, Ron. I’ve known you for ten years, and this is definitely not you. Mostly when I’m near you. Is it me? Don’t you want to be friends anymore?” He asks and my eyes grow big. “What? No, definitely not, Ryan! I swear!” I say quickly and he smiles at me. “That’s good, then. Now, tell me what’s on your chest because I know it’s not ‘nothing’.” I sigh. “Oh well. You’ll probably hate me after this but I guess I feel more than friendship for you,” I mutter and now Ryan’s turn to be surprised. “Is this… are you kidding me?” He whispers and I shake my head. “I wish,” I mutter and I get ready to leave the restaurant, when I feel Ryan grab my hand. “Oh no, you’re not going anywhere,” he mutters, looking at my face. “Look, Ronnie. I have to admit something too. I like you too. I really do,” he says and I’m speechless.
Ryan reaches over the table to touch my face. “Ronnie, you’re so beautiful. I didn’t dare to tell you before but I really think you are,” he mutters and I relax under his touch. My eyes meet his and he smiles at me. I can’t do anything than return the smile. During dinner, we keep holding each other’s hands. Out of nowhere, this dinner as friends, turned into a date. When we’ve finished our food, we decide to walk back to the bus. Hesitatingly, I grab Ryan’s hand. When I feel how he puts more grip on mine, I smile softly. “Ron, wait a second,” he mutters and surprised I look up to him, seeing Ryan’s a tad bit taller than I am. “I want to do something,” he mutters and before I can reply, he presses his lips against mine. I gasp but I quickly respond the kiss by wrapping my arms around his neck. After a while, we both pull away. “Ron, be my boyfriend,” Ryan mutters against my lips. I smile. “Definitely,” I mutter and he kisses me again.

Not long after that we arrive at the bus, to find it completely empty. Ryan sits down on the couch and he pulls me in his lap. “Let’s watch a movie,” he says and I nod. “Sounds great.” When we’ve put in a movie, I get myself comfy in his lap and he puts his arms around my body. “I could get used to this,” he mutters and I nod. We watch the movie in silence, sharing a kiss from time to time. We already decided that we don’t care about our bandmates knowing about us so we just stay like this when we hear the others arrive. The door opens and with loud noise, Ronnie, Derek and Jacky walk on the bus. When they see us, they’re frozen on their spot. “Excuse me?” Ronnie says, clearly shocked. “Hi, had a nice day?” I say, keeping my eyes on the TV. “Eh, yeah, we did. And apparently you guys did too?” We both nod. “Yeah, we’re dating now,” Ryan mutters and Jacky squeals. “You guys owe me twenty bucks!” He yells and I smile. They take it well and that’s very good.