Status: I'll update as long as I get comments!

Photograph, Give Me Something to Remember

Listen To You Heart

"Do you want to stay the night?" Raegan asked John once they got back to her apartment complex. She already knew the answer though - he almost always stayed the night and when he didn't stay the night, she was at the hotel he was staying in. He nodded and they walked hand-in-hand through the parking lot before waiting in the quiet, empty lobby for the elevator to arrive. When they got into the empty elevator, John wrapped his arms around her from behind and she leaned into him as he placed soft kisses down her jaw line and to her neck; Raegan let out a quiet moan and he smirked against her skin before she turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck and brought his lips to hers and he instantly deepened the kiss. When the elevator arrived on her floor a few moments later, she let out a groan as they parted; Raegan interlocked their hands and practically dragged him down the hallway, eager to get into her apartment. After fumbling around with her key, she was finally able to get the door unlocked, and John pushed her against it the moment it was closed.
After reattaching his lips to hers, John easily picked Raegan up and carried her to the bedroom and gently laid her on her bed, all the while his lips never left hers as the two fought for dominance. She fumbled with his tie and button up as he quickly took her dress off before helping her with his shirt and jeans.
"I love you, Rae," he mumbled between rough kisses he was placing down her jaw line before entering her. "I love you too, John," she moaned out.
The next morning, Raegan woke up and rolled over to see John already awake and looking at her with a loving smile. "Good morning, sweetheart," he told her, his voice still raspy from recently waking up and she smiled.
"Good morning, John," she told him, stretching slightly before cuddling into John and resting her head on his chest. He rested his arms around her waist and they lay in silence, soaking up the early morning sun and each other's presence.
"I have to go to the studio in a couple hours if you want to go," he told her and she looked up at him.
"That'd be great, I haven't seen the boys in a few days and I'm starting to miss my Kenny." Kennedy was like her older brother and one of the closest friends she's had in awhile. John laughed at her and tightened his grip on her. "What time is it?" she asked and yawned.
"Ten thirty," he answered after checking his phone that was on her nightstand and she let out a groan.
"Ugh it is way too early." He laughed at her comment.
"You usually get up at this time, Rae," he pointed out and she rolled her eyes jokingly.
"Not when you keep me up all night," she replied with a giggle and hopping out of bed, dodging John's arms that tried to pull her back in bed. She went over to her dresser and pulled out a pair of panties and a matching bra before quickly putting them both on and then pulling one of John's shirts that he left at her apartment over her head.
"Where are you going?" he asked once she turned around and started walking to the door.
"I'm hungry and I figured I might as well make breakfast before we go to the studio," she replied before walking down the hallway and into the kitchen. After getting out the ingredients to make crepes and beginning to mix them together, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her middle. "Yes John?" she asked as she poured the batter in a pan.
"I love your cooking," he muttered into her hair and she laughed.
"I am going to school for it, John," she pointed out and she flipped the crepe over. He began to kiss her neck and she swatted him away. "I'm cooking, not now. Just go sit down." He pouted but took a spot at the island nonetheless. After finishing cooking, Raegan took two plates over to the island, and she and John ate in between joking and teasing each other. It was when Garrett texted John nearly an hour later asking 'where the hell are you?' did the two finally go back to Raegan's room to get ready to leave.
"How late are you?" Raegan asked John as she put on a pair of shorts and a new shirt, looking behind her to see John getting dressed as well.
"I was supposed to be there at twelve," he replied and she looked over at the clock to see it was already 12:15.
"Damn it John," she said frustratingly as she threw a random shirt at him.
"What? It’s not like we're that late," he tried defending himself while chuckling.
"You know Garrett hates when people are late," she replied as she pulled on a pair of Vans and pulled her hair into a ponytail, knowing she wouldn't have time to do anything else with it without Garrett getting more pissed at John's absence in the studio. "Come on, let's just go," she told John when she realized he was laying on her bed watching her; she interlocked their hands and pulled him out of her bedroom and down the hallway towards the door. As he put his shoes on, she locked her door, both of them hurrying so they wouldn't have to be any later than they already were.
Once they got to John's car and he began to pull out of her apartment complex, Raegan sent Garrett a text explaining that John was on his way now and she was sorry that he was late; she never got a reply so she just assumed that they already started without John. She wouldn't be surprised if they did, Garrett was probably one of the most impatient people she had ever met at times, especially when it came to something he was passionate about like his music. John began to quietly sing a song that Raegan never heard so she leaned against the car window with her eyes shut as she listened to his soothing voice.
The moment John pulled into the studio's parking lot thirty minutes later, Raegan was out of the car and waiting for John; he chuckled at her as he made his way over to her and held her hand before they made their way inside. "You're just as impatient as Garrett," he muttered to her as they made their way inside, and she playfully smacked him in the chest.
"John you're nearly an hour late because you didn't feel the need to tell me when you had to be here, of course I'm impatient!" Raegan muttered back as he pulled open the door to The Maine's recording studio.
"About fucking time!" Garrett practically yelled the moment John stepped in. "Oh hey Rae," he told me once he saw her.
"Hey Gare. I'm sorry that John's so late, the asshole decided he wasn't going to tell me what time he had to be here," she apologized to Garrett as John kissed her forehead lightly before heading into the recording booth as Raegan walked over to the couch that Kennedy was sitting on.
"Hey stranger," Kennedy greeted her as she sat down beside him and he pulled her into a side hug.
"Hey Ken," she replied as she leaned into his hug, her eyes finally leaving John's so she could look at her best friend with a wide smile.
"Where have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages," he said dramatically and she chuckled.
"I know, Ken, I've been working like crazy recently to try paying off my student loans before I actually graduate next year."
"How's that doing?" he asked and she sighed.
"It's impossible." At this rate, it felt like Raegan would never get enough money to pay off her loans regardless of the scholarships and grants she received as long as she had to pay her rent and bills.
"I'm sorry, Rae; everything will be fine soon though. You'll open up that awesome bakery you've been dreaming of and you'll have those loans paid off easily." Kennedy always knew what to say to make Raegan feel better, and at this moment, the soft spoken brunette couldn't have said anything better. She smiled gratefully at him before closing her eyes and listening to the song John was currently singing, she felt like she had heard him humming the song before but she couldn't place it.
"What song is this?" she asked Kennedy as she opened her eyes to see John smiling over at her as he continued singing the lyrics.
"John's been working on this one for a few months now; I'm pretty sure he began writing it shortly after he met you actually. It’s called Listen To Your Heart," Kennedy explained and Raegan's smile somehow got even bigger as she began to intently listen to the lyrics. "He really does love you, Rae; I know you don't believe it sometimes but he really does. I've never seen him so happy than when he's with you."
"I'm just scared things will change once you guys have to leave," she explained quietly so only Kennedy could hear.
"You know that's not true, Raegan. Sure he won't be here as much as he had been, but he loves you more than anything and I know he'll make sure to try to talk to you all the time." She just nodded and let it be, knowing there was no point in arguing with a determined Kennedy, but she still had her doubts that seemed like they would never leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
song: Listen To Your Heart - The Maine

I decided since its the first day of the year, why not post a new chapter? This should be the last part in past tense, the rest should be in present tense.
If I get more comments, subscriptions, and/or recommendations, I'll post the next chapter in a few days, but it'll be harder because school starts tomorrow for me and I'll be switching semesters in a week. :)