Status: I'll update as long as I get comments!

Photograph, Give Me Something to Remember

You Left Me With A Broken Heart

John thought that everything would be fine. He was determined his and Raegan's relationship would last despite his busy touring schedule, and it did last - well for the first six months - before everything went downhill. Raegan became upset with the fact she never saw John, and they started fighting almost every time they'd talk over the phone. At one point they decided to see other people, but that didn't last long before they got back together even though they haven't talked as much the few past months due to conflicting schedules - Raegan had just graduated from college the previous spring and was trying to get a career started while The Maine had been touring non-stop since the new album's release two months ago. So it was a complete shock for John when he and his band mates went to surprise Raegan at her apartment only to find out by her neighbor that she moved out the previous month. When Kennedy tried calling her to see if maybe she just moved to another part of the sprawling city of Los Angeles, he found that the number had been disconnected even though John had talked to her just a couple days ago.

Pat suggested going to see if she was at the diner she once worked at, so all of the guys got back in the van they used to use while touring and drove the twenty minutes it took to arrive at the small 24/7 diner that John used to spend so many days at a year ago. During the drive, all of the guys tried to cheer John up by telling him that maybe it was all a misunderstanding and that maybe she found a better apartment and was in the process of switching phones - but deep down, all of them knew deep down that she was actually gone for good.

Once arriving at the diner, John and Kennedy decided to go in by themselves while the rest of the guys stayed out in the van. "Hey man, maybe she's still here," Kennedy told John quietly but John just shook his head, already knowing it was a lost cause.

"Oh hello John, I haven't seen you in awhile," the manager, Annie, called out once she spotted the familiar boy and he gave her a small smile. "Do you boys want anything to drink?" she asked the two of them but both shook their heads before making their way up to the counter where Annie was.

"Does Raegan still work here?" John asked quietly, and Annie frowned while shaking her head.

"I'm sorry dear, but she quit last month saying that she was moving somewhere new to start all over," she told John and Kennedy sadly. John let out a quiet 'oh' while Kennedy looked over at his best friend, knowing how badly he must hurt. "But she did want me to give you this and tell you that she was sorry, John." Annie handed him an envelope that was wedged between the cash register and counter. John took it timidly and walked over to the booth he used to always sit at while Kennedy told her thanks before sitting down across from John and watched him slowly open the envelope and begin reading the letter.

Dear John,
I'm so sorry I left, just know that I still love you. I know I should've called you earlier and told you I was leaving but, I was scared John, so incredibly scared. I found a great building to start my bakery and I should have enough to buy it so by the time you read this, I'll hopefully have something started for myself and working on fulfilling my dream while you continue with yours.
I'm sorry I left without ever saying goodbye, but please realize I love you so much - hell I love you more than anyone I've ever met and it honestly terrifies. I hope we'll meet again someday, John, and then we'd definitely be meant to be. But right now, I just need to work on my dream, and I need to do this alone.
Tell the rest of the guys that I love them like they were my older brothers and thank them for putting up with me as long as they have. And thank you for all the love you gave me, John, I honestly don't deserve it...or you.
I hope everything works out for you and the rest of the guys, and I hope to see you all again soon.
Please don't forget about me, I know I'll never forget about you. I'm so sorry for putting you through this, I hope you'll forgive me eventually.
I love you,
Raegan xx
PS: I'm sorry if its a little crinkled or smudged, there was no way I could write this without crying.


"She's gone," John whispered and Kennedy looked over at his best friend with pity in his eyes. He never saw John as happy as he was when he was with Raegan, and he couldn't even begin to imagine the pain John was feeling now.

"Where is she, John?" Kennedy asked, only getting a shrug in response before John walked out of the diner and back to the van. Looking over to see Annie's sorrow face as she watched John walk out, Kennedy gave her a sad smile in return before leaving as well.

For months, John searched for Raegan at every city the band was at; he looked for any sign of the bakery she always dreamed of opening and he always hoped she would be at his concert - just watching and waiting to apologize once the show was over. But every time, John would be disappointed when the brunette he fell in love with wasn't there.

Drinking became a habit of his, more so than it already was, and the rest of his band couldn't help but be angry at Raegan for causing this. They all loved the girl like a younger sister, but the fact that she was able to hurt their best friend so badly made them all resent her.

"John, you need to realize she's gone. I'm sorry, but she's never coming back," Kennedy's voice rang in the brunette's ears, but John didn't seem to hear him - not when he couldn't stop thinking about the girl that left him.

"Back off Ken, just leave me alone," John slurred as he took another drink of the alcohol that was ever-present in his hand. Kennedy just rolled his eyes before walking out of the hotel room they shared while staying in New York for a few days for The Maine's back to back sold out concerts - all the while thinking about the girl that caused John to become the way he now was.
♠ ♠ ♠
song: You Left Me - The Maine

I went back to school Thursday but I was only there for half a day before the school sent everyone home because of the weather and I haven't been back since soo I plan on trying to write more because who knows when I'll actually be going back?
Sorry this one was short, for some reason I just can't write in guys POV's.

Comment/subscribe/recommend if you want me to continue.