Status: I'll update as long as I get comments!

Photograph, Give Me Something to Remember

Let Us Live Our Lives Without A Doubt

Waking up to a pounding headache and the smell of breakfast were two things Raegan wasn't used to whatsoever. For starters, Raegan never got drunk enough to get a hangover. And Kalynn never cooked breakfast - well any meals for that matter - always saying that'd she's probably burn the house down if she even tried, so she constantly thanked Raegan for actually knowing how to cook well.

Raegan lay in bed a few more minutes - savoring the warmth of her blankets - before groaning and running to the bathroom to vomit the contents from the night before into the toilet. Once she was finished and brushed her teeth, she crossed the hall to go back to her bedroom and changed into an outfit for the day - skinny jeans and a sweatshirt. Realizing there was no hope of fixing her hair without a shower first, she quickly put it into a messy bun and slipped on her glasses before picking her phone up from the bedside table and noticing she had a text from Kalynn.

From Kay:
hope Kennedy got you home and took care of you and I hope the hangover isn't too bad. I'll be back later today, stayed the night at Drew's ;)


Scrunching her eyebrows in confusion, Raegan tried to remember as much as possible from last night. The last thing she could remember was seeing Kennedy again and getting over-emotional about it before deciding to drink way more than she could possibly handle. Blushing as she hoped she didn't say or do anything last night she should regret, Raegan made her way out of her bedroom and down the hall towards the kitchen, following the scent of freshly made food.

"Good morning sleepyhead," Kennedy greeted jokingly from a seat at the kitchen table, shocking Raegan that he had actually stayed. He handed Raegan a couple Tylenol and a glass of water and she gratefully smiled at him before taking them and sitting down across from him.

"I can't believe you actually stayed," she muttered before picking up a piece of bacon Kennedy recently made and taking a bite, nearly moaning at how great it tasted while Kennedy frowned at the girl in front of him, "Of course I stayed, Rae. I still consider you one of my best friends and I didn't want to leave you in the shape you were in after last night." Raegan groaned as she remembered how stupid she probably acted last night - the exact reason why she rarely drank and never went to parties.

"How bad was I?" she asked, afraid to hear the answer and Kennedy chuckled - causing her to worry even more. When he noticed the scared look on her face, Kennedy smiled reassuringly at her, "Don't worry, you didn't really do anything that bad. You did obnoxiously complain to some random guy about your problems and mumbled in your sleep a lot last night." She sighed in relief - happy it wasn't too bad.

"Thanks for breakfast, Ken," she said in between bites of food when she realized she never even thanked him. He nodded as he ate, and she spoke again more quietly this time, "And thanks for not leaving me to take care of myself last night or this morning. I rarely drink to get drunk so I'm usually not like that." They continued eating in silence, both content with the fact they finally got to reacquaint with one another.

"So why'd you do it, Raegan?" Kennedy asked out of nowhere and Raegan raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Leave." Raegan sighed once Kennedy clarified himself and stood up - taking hers and Kennedy's empty plates to the sink to wash them off and put them in the dishwasher while purposely avoiding the question at hand.

The quiet was filled with tension and started becoming uncomfortable for the pair, so Raegan let out a sigh and finally decided to answer, keeping her back towards Kennedy as she fiddled around with her fingernails - a nervous habit of hers. "I couldn't handle the distance and I just wanted to start fresh. I hated Los Angeles, and I always wanted to see New York. I thought I could find a job here." She spoke quietly and - adding to the fact she had her back to him - Kennedy had to strain his ears just to hear her.

"Well did you? Did you start that bakery?" Kennedy never doubted Raegan's dreams and her capability to achieve it, so he was surprised when she shook her head no.

"The seller wasn't very clear on the shape of the building, and I didn't have enough money - or time - to buy and restore the building, so now I have this crappy part time job that," she told him as she turned to face him and he looked at her apologetically. "Don't apologize; it wasn't your fault and I should've asked more questions or something before coming all the way out here." The last thing she wanted was someone apologizing, she was becoming annoyed with people telling her they were sorry for something they didn't even do or cause - it was so pointless in her opinion.

"So I have a show tonight, but I'm free for the day so do you want me to stay and just hang out?" Kennedy asked, deciding to change subjects before anything became to uncomfortable or awkward.

"Won't the guys mind though?" she asked, assuming the guys probably hated her since she just up and left without a word and Kennedy shrugged.

"I honestly don't care. I'm an adult, they have no say in who I hang out with." Raegan smiled at Kennedy and rolled her eyes.

"Ok whatever you want, just don't start fighting with them okay? I don't want to be the reason you are fighting with your best friends." It was Kennedy's turn to roll his eyes at her as he told her that everything would be fine.

Kennedy sent a quick text to Garrett, telling him that he was hanging out with someone he met at the party last night, to which Garrett responded almost instantly asking if Kennedy had - or was planning to - hooked up with the girl. That earned a laugh from Raegan as Kennedy told her what Garrett texted, and she told him not to reply and just let Garrett think whatever he wanted to.

Afterwards, the two spent the afternoon hanging out and watching reruns The Real Housewives - a show Kennedy was getting way in to. Instead of watching the show, Raegan was mainly just laughing at Kennedy's reactions to everything that happened on the reality television show she had watched countless times on her days off work when she was home alone. They talked about anything and everything - catching up on what they've missed in one another's lives - while strategically avoiding anything about John. They continued hanging out until four when Kennedy had to go to sound check for the night's show.

"Please come to the show later, Rae?" Kennedy asked as he stood at the door. Raegan figured he would probably ask her this, but she didn't prepare what she would tell him, so she stayed quiet for several seconds before finally speaking, "You know I can't Kennedy."

"Please? You can get there when doors are about to open and you can stay near the back if you want so you wouldn't have to see the guys if you don't want. You haven't seen us play in a long time and I really want you there, Raegan." Kennedy nearly begged and it took all Raegan had not to roll her eyes at him.

She let out a sigh before looking up at him in the eyes, "What time should I get there?"
♠ ♠ ♠
song: Vegas - All Time Low
Raegan

I didn't realize I never finished or posted this until a few days ago and I just didn't have the motivation to write until now. I'm sorry it probably isn't very good, but I'm hoping the next chapter will be better and it'll definitely have John in it :)

On another note, my school had the poet laureate of my state come to my school to talk on Friday and I had to listen to him for 3 different classes, and it helped me learn how to write better. He was also so nice and gave me the name of this guy I should talk to about studying writing in college.

I'll try to update sooner next time as long as I get more comments/subscriptions/recommendations :)