Status: This story is Active, Please Show Love

The Forgotten Ones

A Mother's Plea

I had my back pressed against the wall and in my hand was a picture of a person I knew I should remember. I was crying, tears wetting my shirt without me even being sure what I was crying over. Upstairs I could hear feet running, they were the people who were trying to start a revolt. To stop Fear, I felt like I should agree with them but I can’t remember why. I flipped the picture over and on the back was a note. My finger traced the words as I read the words over.

Dear Esmeralda,

You won’t remember me; they have taken me away from you. They have taken many people who will never see their families again. I know it will be difficult but please just try and remember me, that’s all that I ask. Read these words every day and remember. Gain control of your life.

Love Always,
Mom

That’s right, my mom, I flip the picture over and stare at her smiling face. How could I forget that? Why do I keep forgetting? Her long wavy ash blonde hair was frozen in time, forever covering half her face. She would always be, a shy look, with gleaming hazel eyes and a pouty smile. My mother, my fingers traced her face. Where is she? My head started to ache as I slowly started to remember. I know they would come now, so I lift the floor board and slip the picture underneath. I know that I will find it again, just like I always I do every day. I hear the crash of the window pane breaking and I see smoke fill the room. I hide in the closet and wait for the sleep to consume me. They are here and I wonder who they will take this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the start of my new story, something completely new and different from my usual :) I hope you enjoy it.