Soundtrack of Our Lives

Anything but Love

Gee, when I first met you, you were so beautiful. You took my breath away. You still do, with everything you do. Everything you touch, turns to gold, in my eyes.

I believe in love at first sight because I think I've experienced it. It's a feeling you can't get rid of. It swallows you and it makes you complete. I don't think I've been this happy for a long time. When you smiled you make me happy. When you laugh, you make me happy. When you breathe, you make me happy.

You are perfection, my darling. You're salvation, the light at the end of the tunnel. You're everything to me.

I never actually saw how broken you were. You were afraid to show me. At first you were afraid of me, that I would hurt you. I think that fear still haunts you. I could tell you had something heavy on your mind, you looked so sad sometimes. But I never thought it would drive you to something like this. Madness, eternal sorrow, all that shit.

I loved you and you grew to love me. I was in love with you but you just loved me. You made me whole, you just leaned on me.

At some point I realized you could give me so much. Happiness, a family, protection, good memories. But love? Never. We were almost there, but never quite enough. Is it enough? No. Not to me. And that's why this hurts so much. We could have, but we can't.

Almost there, my love. Almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is Apocalyptica's SOS (Anything but love)

Leave a comment!