Status: Are you brave to read this story?

Remember Who You Are

14

Something moves under me, its not like ridding on Smoke or any other horse. So what am I ridding on?

A wailing sound, makes me cringe and makes me clinch my teeth. Someone laughs as they start to poke my arm. “Look who is awake.” the man voice I do not. They keep poking me, and as their finger pokes my arm one last time the fire comes out of my arm. “She just burned me!” he cries out.

“If you would have stop, poking her she wouldn’t had just burned your hand off.” another voice says, but I know who this is. It’s Brent.

“Well she is awake now. I’m going to go get a drink. Enjoy baby sitting.” then the man walks out slamming the door behind him.

“He is gone Emily, you can open your eyes now.” he tells me.

Opening my eyes, I don’t look at him. My eyes rest on the wall a cross from me. “So many times, I thought you would kill me. So why don’t you kill me already?”

“Because you are my baby sister and with time, I really do hope you will see things the way I do.” he tells me calmly.

“You know, I never will.”

He reaches out his hand and places it on my arm. Slowly he uses his ice ability on me and starts to freeze my arm. “So, would you rather me kill you, is that?”

The ice reaches my neck and the tips of my fingers. “Some how, I do believe that the other world would be a lot better then this world.” I tell him softly as the ice now covers part of my face and down to my knee.

“What if I need you though? What if I need, you to stay here with me?” he starts to pull the ice back into his body and leaves my body.

Glancing down at him, he looks like Brent again but I can see the vampire with him wanting to come out. Even when he used his vampire power, he was still my brother. He is still yet to far away from me. “You almost sound like my brother again, but he is still to far away.” he starts to freeze my arm again, but this time it’s faster and it hurts. “Fire melts ice, every time.” my fire comes out threw my body. Sitting up fast, I kick him with my heal of my boot. Quickly I sit on his lap and hold on to his arms and keep them in place with my strength. “Once, I looked up to you and then you left me. Even now, as we are here, I still feel alone and your hands are covered in blood of humans.” the door starts to open.

My mind starts to drift and something takes over me. “Saving your life, will cost me mine. If I don’t completely die, I will not remember you or any one else. If I die, you have to promise me, that you will go home and remember are parents.” what ever took over me leaves me.

Jumping back as the door opens fully. I come face to face with are grandfather. “Looks like, my son still lives threw you Emily. Tell me, what is he planning to do now?” he asks walking into the room, as the loud whistle sounds again.

My fangs come out and my eyes burn. “You’ll just have to find out.” my voice sounds strange again. My arm reaches up in the air and fire shoots out of my arm to my hand and blows a hole threw the ceiling of the train. “He will not become a full vampire.” jumping up in the air, I land on the roof of the train and start running.

“Don’t just stand there, go after her!” I hear grandfather yell out.

I hear a horse hit the side of the train and whinny. Stopping, I open the hatch and look down. “I’m surprised you can’t get out of this place by yourself.” I tell Smoke as I jump down and get on him. He throws back his head and me and smacks his shoulder against my chest. “I know, I took my own time as well.” getting on his back, I bite into my hand letting blood gush out of my hand. Something slither up my paint leg, but I don’t know I know who it is. Placing my hand on Smoke shoulder, his other side starts to come out, as I use my other hand and shoot the ceiling above me. “Fly!” I bellow out.

With strong powerful wings, Smoke flies us out of the section of the train and into the sky. “Kill the horse!” someone bellows out.

Powers start to fill the sky around us. “Touch my horse or kill it, your dead men.” I say threw my teeth, as I reach out my hands in the air as fire comes out of my hands and goes around Smoke and me. Once the powers, are gone just for a second I blast my fire out at them striking them.

“Emily!” as I am about to throw my power at my grandfather as he yells my name, something hits me in the back with enough force that it almost throws me off of Smoke.

“Go.” I tell Smoke, as I cough up blood.