Status: Are you brave to read this story?

Remember Who You Are

3

The time I wake up it’s still dark out, but I welcome the night like any other vampire. I will need to hunt now and I know, no random animal will do. I will hunt that man that I made forget, with me being weak as I am my powers only work so much. Getting out of bed, I dress in what has been washed and dried for me. The hat had once belonged to my father, as well as the coat. The only thing that belongs to my mother that is on me is my gun and whip that I use for my fire ability.

Grabbing everything I go down stairs leave a single gold coin in front of the snoring man and leave. Smoke is ready for me to let him out, he knows my sleep habits and he hate’s it here as much as I do. Throwing everything on him and tightening what needs to be tight, I lead him out of the barn.

Getting on him a black snake slithers up my leg and into one of the saddle bags. That snake is not scared of me or Smoke. As we are not scared of him, he is a friend and he helps us. Walking out in the middle of the town, someone comes screaming out of no where. “Help! Help they have my lover!” a woman screams out and right away she notices I’m the only one around and she notices my gun. She quickly runs over to me with the front of her dress picked up. “Please you have to help him, they took him.” she frantic says.

I wouldn’t get to drink the man blood if I helped this woman, but if there is more the one man that took this woman lover, I would be fuller then I have been in a long time. “Where?”

She is surprised I said anything, she might had thought that I might just thrown her to the side and gone on my way. “By the ridge, it’s an hour ride from here threw there.” she points to a wide path.

I shake my head and get Smoke into a fresh run.

<*>

The ride is fast and with in only half an hour I stop Smoke around a tall rock and clime off. I take my snake Tram out and let him slither around just in case I need help. Walking around the rock, I make sure to have my hate down low over my eyes, there is three men standing around one man that is tied up.

“Hold it there missy!” one of the men say holding up a gun.

I hold up my hands as he walks over to me and takes my gun, I wouldn’t need it any ways. “I just need directions that’s it. I need to know how to get to Blue Marsh and then I’ll be on my way.” I tell them.

The one holding my gun messes with it and empty’s the bullets. “Take off the hat and coat, if you are pretty then we might let you go.” the man with the gun pointed at the one tied up tells me.

I drop my arms and a smile snakes a cross my face, the vampire in me wants to come out and I am willing to let her out. I just have to be careful not to kill the man in the middle and not let him see, what I a can do. “’I’m as pretty as a rose in the winter.’ Is what my mama use to tell me when I was little. My papa use to say ‘I had the temper like a fox going after the hen’s’.” I take off the hat and coat. They see my body now. They see my face and now my eyes. They are scared of what I am. “I agree with my papa when I’m this hungry.” then I lung at them and take all three men down at once and take their lives with seconds of one another.

When I was drinking the men’s blood I had made sure to use the heal of my boot to knock the man in the middle out. Tram slithers over to me and for kicks and giggles, along with keeping the secrete of what I am bites the men over and over again in different places in their bodies. Their blood will all soon be gone and I will be stronger then I have been in months.

Pulling away from the last man, I am full. I couldn’t drink anymore, even if I tried. Tram slithers back to Smoke as he walks over to me. I would never harm my animals and they know that.

Throwing the man on the back of Smoke, I get on him and ride back to town. Though some where in that ride he woke up and started making me mad.

“Oh come on, at least tell me your name so I can thank you. Of course, we can’t be telling anyone that you saved me. It wouldn’t be right for people to hear that a man had to be saved by a woman.” he tells me.

Guys are all the same, even in different towns they hated to be saved or helped by a woman. “If I told you my name, then you would just hit on me and try to get in my pants. I know how it goes, I have had to hurt a lot of men just like you for trying to do that.” I tell him as we come into town.

“So does that mean, that you’re a virgin?”

The woman from before comes running over to us, and I just simply put my finger against his head and make him fall off the side of my horse. “Have a nice day ma’am.” I tell her, as I tip my hat to her.

“Oh, but I must pay you for helping.” she tells me.

I look at her and then at the man, he wasn’t worth two nickels to rub together. “It’s free.” I tell her and then I turn Smoke around and we go on. Though for some twisted damn reason, the guy soon follows after me on a gray bay. “I saved your life to help someone, now go be with that woman before I hit you over the head again and drag you behind my hours back to her.” I warn to him.

He smiles at me as if that will win me over. “Amanda and I are just friends, We are friends with benefits if you get what I mean.” he winks at that last part.

~Just what I needed, a guy that lets his hormones lead him up someone woman dress. Just my luck.~
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know why, but I had a little fun writing this chapter :)