Status: Are you brave to read this story?

Remember Who You Are

9

Smoke comes back for me and just like that we are back to Jack. He waits in a cave a good five hundred miles from the town. He looks worried as we ride up. Soon as I get off, he gets all hands’ of checking for wounds or anything else, that should be worried about.

Slapping his hand away, I glare at him. “I’m fine.” I tell him and that is when we here the howl. “Damn it, he just won’t give up,”

“What do you want to do?” he asks.

Taking in a deep breath I rub my four head. “Go to that other town and if they follow us, then I’ll deal with it.” I tell him and then with out a second thought I get on Smoke.

<*>

Ridding into town, no one pays us any mind, they were use to strangers. Some towns weren’t use to them and one of two things would happen. One: They try to run you out of town for upsetting their balance of life. Two: They wouldn’t stop following you and asking you questions of where you been. Truthfully, I would rather be chased out of town then being followed around by annoying people.

“You check out if you can find any information about this guy.” handing him a peace of paper he looks at it. “I’ll go check into the motel for the both of us.”

As I am about to go on he asks the question, I wish he wouldn’t ask. “Who is this guy, you want me to ask about?” he asks looking up at me.

Smoke goes on a lazy walk. “Ask the people at the bar, in their drunk state they should tell you what needs to be known. Ask them if they have seen him and if they have, ask where he was headed.” I tell him. Leading Smoke to the bar, I’m being watched and once I get off of him Hawk jumps off the top of he building and in front of me. “Go home Hawk.” brushing past him, he grabs my arm and then slides it into my hand. Walking into the motel it’s one of the nicer places I have stayed at. The woman the runs it looks up at me with a bun hair due, red dress that shows off her girls and dark eyes that linger over Hock. “Need two rooms.” I tell her giving her some coins.

She looks Hawk up and down. “What about you sweet thing, you going to be with the lady?” she asks with a wink.

“Yes.” he says not even getting what she meant.

Putting Smoke up for the night with some other horses, I pay the man the runs it and grab my gear to put away in the room. Hawk follows me there and back, once we are alone though things change. “You do know that the front desk woman was eyeing you, right?” I ask as I put the gear in the corner of the room.

Soon as I am standing up right, he is there looking at me lovingly. He runs the back of his finger up and down against my cheek. “I don’t want her or any other one. You are the one I want.” he whispers as he leans into kiss me.

My door opens all of the sudden, but we don’t move an inch. “Got the infor-” Jack trails off when he sees us and puts the peace of paper down on the night stand and quickly walks out of the room and makes sure to close the door tight behind him

Pulling away from him completely, the mood is gone. Going to the door and opening it, to see a girl a little younger then me walk down the hallway. “Miss?” she turns around and gives me a smile. “Draw a bath for me please.” then I close the door.

Turning around Hock takes off his shirt, showing me his bare back. His muscles move when he moves his arms and then he faces me. His eyes are sure of him self and his body is stiff. Throwing his shirt to the side, he comes over to me and kisses me deeply. “I want you,” he whispers.

I fight with myself and the more composed side of me takes over. I put my hand against his chest as he goes in for another kiss. “Hawk.” I whisper his name sending chills down his back. “I want you so much,”

“Then stop pushing me away.” he tells me as he goes in for another kiss, this time it’s deeper.

The girl opens the door, she not surprised to see what’s going on. “Bath is ready,” she tells me and then she leaves.

Pulling away from him, I grab a towel that’s on the night stand and go to the bath area. Taking everything off, I slip into the bubbly water and just sit there. I wanted Hawk, I really did but I couldn’t do it now. We could possibly found a lead to getting Brent back. The door opens and Hawk walks, kneeling beside the tub still shirtless. “You look relaxed.” he tells me, eyeing the bubbles.

“You are staying out of this tub, when I’m in it.”

A smirk spreads a cross his lips and then he kisses me. “So tell me, why this place? Do you really think that you will find him soon?”

“I know how you feel about this Hawk, so why even ask?”

“Because I don’t want you to get your hopes up about him. He’s been gone for a long time Emily, in eight years a lot can change about a person.” he tells me.

“Like how you cut your hair or let your wolf side take over some times?” I ask dipping my hair down in the water.

He watches me closely. “That’s not what I meant and you know it.” he says getting up and about to leave the room.

“If it was me that was taken, would you had even looked for me? Or would you had not cared and married someone else?” I ask not even looking at him, but I can feel his eyes in the back of my head as I start to shampoo my hair.

“I would had looked for you of course.”

“But even back then we hardly seen one another. You could have and still marry someone from your village.”

He is there in front of me, it almost makes me jump. He grabs my upper body and almost pulls me out of the tub completely and kisses me hard. His mouth is not kind to mine and neither are his hands that press against my back. After kissing me and deepening it for a good amount of time he pulls away from me, we are both out of breath. “I would had looked for you, you’re the only one I could ever love.” he tells me and then he kisses me one last time, before easing me back into the tub.

Once I am back in the tub he leaves the room, closing the door firmly behind him. ~He says those words, but he has never seen my other side. The side of the vampire, that thirst for blood.~

<*>

After getting clean, I leave the bathroom and return to my room only to find Hawk asleep on the bed. Pulling on a big night shirt, I lay down beside him and grab the note that Jack had left me. The note said that the man in question was in this town a week ago, so that meant we were closer.

Hawk turns on his other side to face me and puts his head on my chest. Running my fingers threw him, I knew we had some where else to go east and we were running out of time-winter would be coming soon and it would be harder to travel. Looking down at Hawk sleeping face, I knew I had to leave him behind again and this time I would also have to leave Jack behind it was getting to dangerous, there would be more vampires more likely going on. Even though Hawk could kill vampires easily, he didn’t belong being away from his tribe. This was my burden, not his.

Kissing him on the head, I turn the switch on the small burning lamp and it goes out. The plan to leave was set my mind and I would do that.