‹ Prequel: Wretched and Divine
Status: active

Ohio Is for Lovers

Chapter One

"I love you," Is all she heard. "I'll wait for you, but I can't wait forever."

Lena shot up and put a hand to her forehead. Despite leaving Jake behind, she couldn't bear the thought of him forgetting about her forever. She couldn't explain to him why she was leaving. Even she didn't know for sure why she had just packed up and left. She hadn't heard from Jake in months, and began having this dream about him. It would always end the same way. He would say he loved her but he wouldn't wait for her forever. And that was the most terrifying part of it.

Carson skipped into the room, with Eve following timidly behind. "Tonight's gonna be so great, right?" Carson jumped on the bed, smiling.

Lena rolled her eyes and fell back on her pillow, grabbing the one beside her and putting it over her face so she could avoid Carson's devious grin. "I'm not going." Lena mumbled from underneath the cotton pillowcase.

"You have to go to your own birthday party." Eve pointed out.

Carson grabbed the pillow off Lena's face and threw it to the floor. "Eve's right. And besides, you're turning twenty-one. This is like, the biggest birthday party you'll ever have. Obviously you have to go."

Lena grimaced. She'd only been away from Jake for a few months and she wasn't feeling ready to go out and be around people she didn't know, or knew from a long time ago. She didn't have any friends in Ohio; just Carson and Eve. All of her friends were back in L.A.: CC, Jinxx, Ashley, Jake, Eric and Josie, and... Andy.

Ever since the incident with Andy, she hadn't considered him much of a friend. He hadn't tried to contact her once since she moved back. All of her belongings were still at his house. She had been borrowing Carson's clothes for the past few months since she barely had any of her own. She had asked one of the guys to go to Andy's and get them for her, but they had told her Jake said not to. She confronted Jake about it, despite the fact that she had no desire to speak to him. He simply said he didn't want anyone talking to Andy because of what had happened. It wasn't a very strong alibi at all.

"This party isn't going to be big... will it?" Lena hoped Carson would say exactly what she wanted her to.

"Just a few people, don't you worry." Carson tapped Lena's nose and stood up. "Now get dressed. We have a big night tonight!"

"Carson!" Lena yelled after her friend but she just giggled as she slipped out of the room with Eve following behind as she normally did.

Lena sighed deeply, as she rubbed her eyes. She had known Carson long enough to know what she had hidden up her sleeve.

****


"Have you seen Lena around lately? I've been meaning to talk to her." Andy said.

Jake panicked. "Lena? Oh, she... She actually just went out. I'll let her know you stopped by to see her, though."

Andy gave Jake a weak smile. "Thanks, man." He turned to go but stopped himself. "You know I didn't mean for any of that shit between her and me to happen."

Jake looked down at the floor briefly before looking back at Andy. "I know." He simply stated, forcing his lips into a flat line.

Andy nodded, before turning his back and walking away. Jake let out a breath as soon as Andy was gone. He had been hiding it for months and didn't know how Andy could be so stupid. Lena had been gone for long enough now. What did Andy think? That she coincidentally just happened to be out every time Andy stopped by? Andy still didn't know Lena had left LA, and Jake was the one keeping it from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
sigh

I almost just did shout outs and realized thIS IS THE FIRST CHAPTER THERE ARE NO SHOUT OUTS YET.

Anyway, thanks to the three people who already subscribed.

I wrote this at 1:30 AM please don't judge it too harshly