‹ Prequel: Wretched and Divine
Status: active

Ohio Is for Lovers

Chapter Fourteen

In all the years Lena had been with Jake, she never saw him cry. And now, to see him standing outside with her on the church steps crying was the most painful experience of her life. It physically pained her to watch his body shake as tears were streaming down his cheeks. She wanted to hold him and tell him that everything was going to be okay. But every time she reached out to him, he flinched away, or yelled at her to leave him alone.

"What happened to us, Lena? Why can't we be how we used to be when we first started dating?" Jake was bringing back too many emotions and Lena could see it was destroying him.

"Jake, this is not the time to talk about this." Lena pleaded.

"No!" He shouted. "What happened to us?!" He started to cry more. "I loved you..." He sobbed. "I... I still love you."

"I love you, too, Jake, I--"

"Shut up." He said with venom in his voice. "If you loved me, then why did you leave? Why did you go off with Andy all those nights, and why did you come back to Ohio without telling me? We used to tell each other everything..."

"Jake, please." Lena begged. "We have to go inside now. The funeral is about to start."

"Fuck off, Lena." Jake hissed.

Lena took a hesitant step towards him. "You can't swear in front of a church." She said and made him smile. Seeing him smile through his tears made her smile.

"Fuck it. Whatever." He laughed, wiping away the tears under his eyes with his knuckle.

Jake observed the way her blonde bangs covered one eye and how the humidity in the air made her hair look flat, but still fall in the perfect way. He couldn't understand how he had grown to be so lucky. Lena was perfect to him in every way. She was beautiful, smart, funny, caring, and she danced. Sure, sometimes they got on each other's nerves, but he knew that he would never be able to stay mad at her forever. He needed her, in every way possible.

"What?" Lena asked when she saw the way he was looking at her. Every girl has always dreamed of the day a guy would look at her the way Jake was looking at Lena. His eyes were soft but a sensual smirk played on his lips. His lips told her she was an object of sex to him, but his eyes told her that he loved her as a person. She wasn't just a sex object to him. She was a person, and a person that he truly loved. Everything about the way she walked, to the way she talked, to the way she cared unconditionally about him was spoken through just that soft gaze of his.

"Nothing." He shook his head. "I just can't believe how lucky I am to have you back in my life."

Lena smiled, hiding her blushing cheeks behind her hair. He gently squeezed her hand, and started a fire in the pit of her stomach. His active touch, made it all so real.

He began to lean in to her, and she followed his lead. They hadn't kissed in so long, and she craved his lips on hers. Just before their lips met, a rain drop fell and plonked her on the nose. She flinched away from him at the sudden drop of water. They looked at each other and laughed.

"Now can we please go inside? Your mom wouldn't be happy with you if she knew you were missing her funeral." Lena said.

"Yeah," He reached for her hand and slipped his fingers in between hers. "Let's just get this over with."

Lena smiled weakly. "I'll be with you every step of the way."
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah I haven't updated this in like a month I am soR rY. anyway, this is mostly based on my boyfriend. (YE S I HAVE A BOYFRIEND NOW!) we just started dating like officially a few days ago but we've been talking for like a month now. and yeah surprise, surprise we met on the internet. But I have met him in person and he's legit haha and we skyped for the first time last night and it was precious. And since he tells me all the time how much he likes me and how beautiful I am and all that stuff, I tried to look at me from his point of view and used it to take Jake's point of view to describe Lena through his eyes. I obviously wanted to show that Jake is feeling extremely emotional about his mom passing away, and at first he's pissed at Lena for trying to get him to go inside, but then he notices how beautiful she really is, and it's something he's been blinded from for a long time.

Sooo

Shout outs:

-WretchedAndDivine
-sailormars.
-laceyvengeance
-a.rebel.in.love.97

Well, I guess you guys missed me :P