‹ Prequel: Wretched and Divine
Status: active

Ohio Is for Lovers

Chapter Sixteen

Being back in LA was taking some adjusting. The contrast between her two homes was so drastic. One home was quiet, neighborly, and slow moving. The other was quickly paced, harsh, and loud beyond all compare.

Despite the world outside being loud and hectic, their world inside the apartment was quiet. Neither of them had spoken a word to each other since they got off the plane. Jake didn't want to stir up anything to make Lena upset and cause her to flee back home again. He had realized her emotions were touchy and striking the wrong chord with her could send them right back to the beginning again.

Jake sat in the living room, his socked feet resting on the glass coffee table, and the channels on the TV passing by like pages in a flip book. He heard the faint sound of a hair dryer going down the hallway. He got up, throwing the remote down on the couch cushions behind him and cautiously made his way down the hallway. When he peeked in the door frame, he saw Lena bent over forwards with her backside towards him. He chuckled to himself quietly as an idea passed through his mind.

He grabbed either side of her waist and thrust his hips forward, bumping her once. She shot up and turned the hair dryer off. "What the fuck?" She looked at him, trying to hold back a smile. She wanted to give off the impression she was angry about it, but secretly she did kind of find it funny.

"I couldn't help it." He shrugged, laughing.

She smacked his arm and turned the hair dryer back on. She started back on her hair as he leaned against the door frame and watched. Her hair flew in all directions around her face, making her nose scrunch up and her eyes squint.

He wanted to reach out and touch her. He wanted to hold her in his arms and go back to at least pretending like everything was okay. Sometimes pretending was better than reality in most cases.

She put the dryer down and looked at him through the mirror. She smiled weakly and watched as he smiled back even weaker. Their relationship had been through so much and there were so many cracks that needed to be sealed back up. But could they ever be?

Jake pushed off the door frame and walked over behind Lena. He put his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder. She placed her hands over his and let her body sink into his.

"What's this for?" She wondered.

Jake took a moment before he spoke. "Because I love you." He said. "And there's no one else I could ever imagine being with."

"You mean that?" Lena asked while her minds spun with thoughts.

"If I didn't mean it, I wouldn't have said it." Jake responded.

Lena smiled at him in the mirror and then turned to face him. She lifted her face up to kiss him lightly.

"What was that for?" He asked, mimicking her.

She smiled. "Because I love you" She answered. But in the back of her mind, she wasn't looking at Jake. She was still looking at Andy.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you couldn't tell, I've been on hiatus for a couple reasons: college, writers block, personal stuff; And at this point in my writing career, I don't even really care about views or readers or who keeps up with this stuff. I've been considering just stopping writing altogether. No one reads this stuff anymore because all the fan fic readers now are hormonal 13 year olds who don't appreciate good writing and just want something that can fulfill their fantasies. I don't think my works can do that. I haven't made a final decision but if I'm going to stop writing fics, I'm going to finish off the ones I have going before I stop adding new ones. Part of me wants to stay. Part of me hopes that enough people will convince me that what I'm doing is still relevant. I've tried finding other sites, but nothing is sticking with me. Mibba was the first site that I actually liked. Since then, I've branched out to other sites that I liked but demand is fading quickly. I don't know if it's that fan fics are dying out, or all the good writers are dying out (metaphorically speaking of course). Someone tell me I'm not crazy. Someone please tell me that I'm still well-liked. Because at this point, that's the main reason I'm thinking about quitting.