‹ Prequel: Wretched and Divine
Status: active

Ohio Is for Lovers

Chapter Two

Much to her surprise, Carson kept her word and didn't invite loads of people to her house for a college type rager like Lena had expected. Instead, to celebrate Lena's coming of age, Carson and Eve took her to a popular night club so she could have her very first sip of alcohol. Well... legal sip of alcohol.

Lena wasn't fond of the whole idea. She would rather just spend her birthday at Carson's with her two best friends, sipping on alcohol until they get drunk. But no, since tonight wasn't just about Lena, she had to tag along.

"I got you a surprise!" Carson shouted over the music and grabbed Lena's hand, pulling her through the crowd.

Lena kept her head down as Carson weaved through the sweaty grinding bodies. They stopped and Lena heard Carson yell "Ta-da!"

Lena looked up to see Josie and Eric standing there holding hands and beaming. "Oh my god!" Lena's whole face lit up with delight at the sight of her two closest friends from LA.

Josie let go of Eric to embrace Lena with a long hug. "We all miss you at the company." Josie admitted, gripping Lena a bit tighter before letting go.

"I'll come back, just... Not for a few more months." Lena said, half smiling. She wanted to return to LA but the thought of Andy and Jake being there made it worth staying in Ohio. Even though the city was bigger and better than where she was, her home town would have to do for the time being.

After about an hour in, everyone had somehow found other things to do and split off. Carson and Eve wanted Lena to dance with them but all Lena really wanted to do was sulk at the bar and silently cry about Jake. He had done so much for her; more than Andy ever had or ever would have. She wanted to see him again, but at the same time, felt as though it wasn't the right time yet.

"Hey, can I buy you a drink?" Someone next to her asked.

Lena looked over and saw a cute guy about her age smiling at her, one elbow resting on the bar and the other hand on his knee.

"Um, yeah. Why not." Lena said, smiling back.

As the bartender passed, the cute guy held up two fingers, indicating he wanted two drinks but never specified which ones. Lena looked at him with a puzzled expression.

He laughed. "Bartender is a friend of mine. He knows what I want."

Lena nodded. "Ah, I see."

"I'm Derek." He held out a hand for her to shake.

Lena smiled. "Nice to meet you. I'm Lena."

"You're a ballerina, aren't you?" Derek caught her by surprise.

"Yeah, how did you..." She trailed off when she saw Derek's facial expression.

The drinks slid down the bar and Derek caught them both, handing one to Lena. "My little sister is practically obsessed with you. You're a new dancer at LADC, right?"

Lena felt flattered and smiled widely. "Yeah, Lena Goldfield." She laughed slightly, amazed at the fact that she already had fans.

"My sister calls you the pretty blonde ballerina." He smiled. "I don't disagree."

Jesus, he is smooth as fuck. Lena thought to herself.

He could see in her eyes that she was into him. Truth is, he was into her, too. He thought she was beautiful and could already see bits of her personality shining through with just a flash of her smile.

"My sister is going to go crazy when I tell her I met Lena, the pretty blonde ballerina." He laughed, smiling through his blue eyes. "I would take you home with me tonight, but I'm not like that. Besides, I want to take you on a real date first."

Lena could feel the fuzzy feelings building up inside her stomach. Derek was a gentleman, gorgeous, and sweet. It was hard to believe he was this perfect but maybe he was what Lena had been looking for all along.

***


"Jake, I know you're hiding something from me." Andy said over the phone.

Jake's heart dropped into his stomach. How did Andy find out? Had one of the guys told him? Did Lena tell him? He became a ball of worry. With Andy now knowing about Lena leaving, Jake knew Andy would try to follow her home to Ohio and fix what he had broken. It was what Andy did when he lost something that he thought belonged to him. But in truth, Lena had never belonged to him. Her heart had always belonged to Jake.

"Andy, listen. She doesn't want to see you." Jake said, trying to convince him to stay in LA.

Andy sighed audibly from the other side of the line. "I know. But you're not going to stop me anymore."
♠ ♠ ♠
Derek

thank you guys so much for being so supportive of me throughout the years. I meant to make this speech like yesterday but it's never too late. I just wanted to say, through the ups and downs, you guys have always been there for me whether you know it or not. Your comments, as small as they may be sometimes, always encourage me to continue writing. Some days, it's harder to write than others. When I started writing fan fiction in 2012, I never thought that my writing would ever get this far. Wretched and Divine broke the subscriber record I had AND became a bigger hit than I ever expected it to be. I wouldn't be where I'm at today without my dedicated readers. I may not be the most popular person on Mibba, or have all the editors and admins wanting to get interviews with me or write articles on my stories, or me as a user on here, but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. Sure, I'd love to become popular, have people following me on twitter and get excited when I reply or wanting to meet me. Or even just a very large fanbase in general, but having just the few of you means the world to me. And when I move to LA some day and marry CC, you'll all be invited to our wedding :) haha but the BVB fanbase has been the second most welcoming fanbase I've been in (sorry AFI beat you guys). This genre of music in general as amazing people involved. I don't necessarily like calling myself a part of the "BVB Army" because I'm 18 years old and I feel like I need to be beyond that type of stuff. But I do think of BVB and most of it's fans as my family, especially all of you who read my fan fictions. I've had maybe one or two people tell me that my stories are sometimes the only thing that keeps them alive some days and I can't tell you how much that really means to me. I write because I have this great imaginary world, but sometimes I just want things to happen for real. I live through my characters. I write because I get lonely sometimes and the characters I create become my only friends, but I also write for you guys. Like I have said before, and you can quote me on this when I'm famous (like I ever will be haha) my stories give people a way to escape their real life to live in a world that they like better--a world that I have created for them.

Shout outs:

-WretchedAndDivine
-laceyvengeance
-cr3ature_