‹ Prequel: Wretched and Divine
Status: active

Ohio Is for Lovers

Chapter Three

"I'm coming over, Jake. And when I get there, you're going to let me in and see Lena." Andy demanded.

Jake inhaled to argue back but then stopped. "Wait, what?"

"You heard me, Jake. You're not going to keep me from seeing Lena anymore. I know about your little plan." Andy said. "You two really thought I was stupid enough to believe Lena was coincidentally out every time I stopped by?"

"Uhh..." Jake was at a loss for words. He had no idea what to tell Andy when he got to his apartment.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes. And you and Lena better not pull some sort of shit prank on me, alright? I swear to god, all I've wanted to do was see her and apologize in person but you two think it's funny to keep doing this to me." Andy hung up the phone.

Jake was a little bit shocked at how emotional Andy had gotten ever since Lena left him. But what Jake didn't understand was why. Andy was the one who cheated. If anything, Lena would be the more emotional one.

Jake paced, trying to think of what to tell Andy when he got there. Jake couldn't tell him Lena had gone out because Andy wouldn't believe him. There was a knock on the door.

"Jake, let me in." It was Andy.

Jake opened the door slowly but Andy pushed it open and Jake aside. "Jesus Christ, breaking and entering much."

"Hey, I didn't break anything. You let me in." Andy pointed out. "Where's Lena?"

"She's not here." Jake said, rubbing his arm that got slammed against the wall.

"Fuck you, she's not here." Andy said. "Bullshit."

"Look around, Andy!" Jake raised his voice. "Take a good fucking look around because she's not here!"

Andy spun around to face Jake. "Where is she?"

"I don't know." He mumbled, looking down at the ground.

Andy took a few steps towards him. "Call. Her." He ordered.

Jake sighed, taking his phone out and dialing Lena's number to keep Andy happy. He put it on speaker and listened as it rang.

"Hello?" Lena answered.

"Lena, where the fuck are you?" Andy said, cutting off Jake before he could even speak a single word.

"Jake, is that Andy?" Lena sounded irritated at the sound of Andy's voice.

"Y-Yeah..." Jake's voice quivered.

"Tell him I don't want to talk to him." Lena said.

Jake raised his eyebrows sassily and looked over at Andy. "Well? Did you hear that? She doesn't want to talk to you. Now will you leave her alone?"

"For fucks sake Andy, seriously. I left to get away from you all. I need some time to myself." Lena said.

"Left?" Andy asked, cocking one eyebrow in confusion. "Left where?"

Lena realized quickly that Andy didn't know she had gone back to Ohio. "Just... the next town over to visit a friend." She lied. "I wanted to get away from all the drama for a bit."

"When are you coming back?" Andy asked eagerly.

Lena sighed. "I don't know, Andy." Her voice sounded forceful. "I'll be back soon." With that she let her finger find the end button and dismissed Andy and Jake.

"You know what you need?" Carson swung her arm around Lena's shoulders.

Lena rolled her eyes. "What?"

"A night out!" Carson exclaimed.

Lena stopped walking. "Carson, we just went out the other night for my birthday."

Carson slid over to Lena. "Yeah, but you didn't have any fun."

Lena thought back to that night. "I did too have fun. I met Derek. And he was very nice and sweet, and cute."

Carson looked at Lena as she sat in one of the bar stools at the island in her kitchen. "Has he called you since?"

Lena hung her head. "No..."

Carson hopped off the stool and grabbed Lena's hand. "Exactly. Which means you, me and Eve need to go out and have some real fun tonight. Let's go to the Millionaires show!"

Lena groaned. "Carson, those two girls are like the female version of Blood on the Dance Floor."

Carson turned around while still walking backwards towards her room. "One: they're actually hot unlike Dahvie and Jay and two: their music is catchy and makes you want to have fun rather than stab yourself in the eye with a fork."

Carson dragged Lena into her room and sat her down on the bed. Lena watched as Carson flipped through clothes in her closet, occasionally taking a dress out to look at it and then scrunching her face up as she put it back.

Once Carson had found outfits for both of them, she dragged Lena into the bathroom. "Neon paint. It's going to make us look hot, and make us look like we came to have fun." Carson said as she smeared two lines of bright pink paint on Lena's cheeks.

"You really think this is a good idea?" Lena questioned.

Carson dragged her fingers across her own cheeks, making two lines of bright yellow on each side. "Of course I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
in case you guys haven't heard of Millionaires, I'll link two videos below. I have mixed feelings about them because the two songs I'm going to link are extremely catchy and probably my two favorites out of all their songs I've heard. On the other hand, when I first listened to them, I did get that whole BOTDF vibe from them. (I'm not a BOTDF fan at all) but I do like them and think that their music is catchy (and much better than BOTDF). Listening to their stuff does give me visions of like partying and having fun so idk. I guess you could call them my guilty pleasure band since I don't want people thinking I like them when I secretly do.

Shout outs:

-laceyvengeance

Party Like a Millionaire
Drinks On Me