‹ Prequel: Wretched and Divine
Status: active

Ohio Is for Lovers

Chapter Five

Andy chewed on his fries anxiously as he thought of the day Lena would return. It could be tomorrow, next week, next month or even next year. All he could think about was her. He realized he had been an ass to her. If he hadn’t been so tempted by Juliet, none of this would have happened. He knew it was all his fault and he couldn’t take it back now.

“What are you thinking about so deeply?” Ashley asked, noticing Andy’s serious thinking face.

He shook his head. “Lena.” He sighed her name, letting it slip between his teeth. “I want her to come home.”

“She is home.” Ashley spilled, forgetting about the whole ‘don’t tell Andy where Lena is’ deal.

Andy’s head shot up. “What?”

“Yeah,” Ashley took a bite out of his burger. “She’s back in Ohio.”

Andy stood up from the booth and began to walk away, infuriated that Jake had known all along but never told him.

“Do you want me to get this to go?” Ashley called after him. Andy pushed through the glass door and ran down the sidewalk. “Don’t worry, I got it…” He mumbled to himself.

Andy stopped running when he got to the corner of the street. He rested his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. He backed up against a brick wall and lit a cigarette to calm his rage. He felt his pockets for his phone and slipped it out resting it in his palm and called Jake.

“Hello?” Jake answered, unsuspecting.

“You fucking douche!” Andy shouted at him through the receiver.

“Whoa, Andy calm down.” Jake said, trying to soothe Andy.

Andy gripped his phone in his hand tightly. “You knew where she was all along and you never told me? How could you?!”

“What are you talking about?” Jake said, attempting to sound clueless.

“You’re full of shit, Jake.” Andy gritted his teeth. “You know damn well what I’m talking about. Lena flew back to Ohio?”

“Shit…” Jake muttered to himself.

“Shit is right, Jake.” Andy said, hearing Jake curse to himself. “I’m taking the next flight out. You’re not stopping me anymore.”

“I’m not letting you go by yourself. My heart is in Ohio, so I’m going, too.” Jake said.

“Where are we going?!” CC exclaimed when he walked into the kitchen just in time to over hear Jake’s conversation with Andy.

Jake covered the speaker with his hand. “Andy and I are going to Ohio for a bit.”

“Oooh! I want to go to. And I bet Jinxx and Ashley would love to go, too.” CC smiled.

Jake rolled his eyes. “You’re not going alone, Andy. We’re all going.”