Twisted

Prolouge

The sun shone brightly through the thin fabric of my curtains, I squinted and groaned in attempt to defy the coming day. It was a dreadful day, my birthday. It wasn't all bad, I would finally be eighteen; I could buy all the porn and lottery tickets my heart desired, but I probably wouldn't. I heard my roommate's over cheerful voice call through the doorway of the dorm room.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head!" He drew opened the blinds and handed me a cup of coffee which I happily accepted and sat up in bead.

Damn, Scott, could you be any more annoying?" I complained while he grinned contently.

"Come on, . You're finally not a baby anymore." He joked at me, I had skipped a grade in high school, landing me in college when I was only seventeen. Everyone referred to me as 'baby', which is not a very suiting name for a college freshman.

"Dude, really?" I grumbled, crawling out of bed and slipping on a plain black shirt. "You wake me up, call me a baby, and I don't even have class." I slipped on a pair of dark wash jeans and a pair of navy blue Chuck Taylors. Coffee in hand, I ruffled my dusty blond hair a bit and followed Scott out the door.

"Of course, man. You're eighteen now. We have to get started." He smiled cunningly at me with his big brown eyes. I was afraid to even ask what he had planned for the day, or should I say night. Just then, a flash of white caught my eye. I quickly turned to see what it was, but there was nothing. I shrugged it off and followed behind Scott as we exited the dorm building.

"So what's the first on your list?" I asked hesitantly. Before he could answer there was another white flash, only this time I turned in time to see a man in a white suit dash into the woods just beyond campus. 'The fuck?', I thought to myself. I had missed what Scott had been saying so I simply nodded my head. "Hey, did you see that guy?" I asked, motioning to the wooded area just a few building away.

"Uh, no? Maybe you're going crazy." Scott laughed. I glanced toward the trees again and could have sworn I was a shadow waving me closer.

"Dude, just hold on a moment." I set off in the direction of the forest and the figure of a man began to appear. The closer I got, the farther it seemed to inch into the trees. Once I stood along the treeline, I heard a whisper. It was a faint echo of a voice, calling me forward. Bravely, I stepped into the woods, and several feet in front of me stood a man. Dressed in white, it was not a man at all; I soon realized the thing was not only covered in fur, but had two large rabbit ears. In fact, the only thing human about it was that it stood upright. Imagine six-foot tall Bugs Bunny. I heard Scott calling to me from the edge of the forest. Before I could respond or even react, the rabbit stepped aside to revel a mirror. Then only a moment later, I was falling.