The Boy Next Door

two.

Image

“I’m guessing you’ve heard of me,” Harry chuckled, running a nervous hand through his dishevelled curls. Ella giggled and momentarily mentally cursed herself for acting so foolishly around him.

“Who hasn’t?!” Ella smiled, leaning one arm against the wooden fence separating them.

“Quite true,” He remarked, now playing with the beanie that was now limp in one of his hands.

“Don’t look too worried,” Ella laughed, throwing her head back in her usual manner- it was a habit that was unintentional every time she found herself chortling. “I’m not going to be breaking into your bedroom at night or stealing your underwear off the washing line.” Harry found this amusing and finally seemed to be relaxing.

“Is that so?” he chuckled.

“Yeah, we’re use to you famous folk living in these areas.” Ella pointed out, “You do know Jude Law lives two blocks away? I saw him driving past my school once… I had a total fan girl moment!” Ella was slipping into her usual habits. She was babbling on about nonsense because truthfully she didn’t know what else to say to him. Yes, there were famous people in these areas, but none that lived exactly next door to her and were in the form of the world’s hottest teenager.

“That’s nice to know; I was hoping this place would offer me some peace.” Harry looked around a little uneasy and Ella realised he was looking out for papz or girls. This guy was so use to having people jump him everywhere; he probably was always on edge.

“Look, I need to get some work done, but if you need a hand with anything or some sugar, I’m just a knock away…” Ella spoke before really thinking what she just suggested. Harry smirked and let out a small chuckle as Ella held her cheeks in embarrassment. “I meant sugar for a cup of tea. Oh God darn it, I’ll go grab a shovel for the hole I am putting myself in.”

“Don’t worry, love, I know what you mean and thanks, I will keep it in mind!” Harry reassured her, reaching over and holding out his hand. “It was nice meeting you, Ella Watson!”

Ella took his hand in hers and shook it, “And you, Harry Styles.”

Inside the house, Ella took a deep breath before dabbing her cheeks with some cold water. How she had kept her cool in front of him was beyond her, but then again, Clara always did say she was great at hiding her true feelings. She could convince anyone she enjoyed a movie or meal, when deep down she loathed it.

Mr and Mrs Watson returned from work together, an occurrence which happened when Clive finished the same time as his wife, Fiona. They had a driver whom drove the pair to and from work every day, and sometimes on weekends when both were summoned to their respected places of labour.

Clive Watson was a wealthy business man, having profits in a lot of businesses around England and the United States. He dabbled in everything from finance to music labels. He was all about being a part of the happening scenes and being on top of the game. Fiona Watson was once a famous model in the 70's, but now had her own modelling agency, which many famous faces were signed too. Ella wasn’t interested in bone skinny models, so rarely interested herself in her mothers work.

Despite their busy working schedule, Ella still had a good relationship with her parents who were good at leaving work where it should be left. They didn’t believe in bringing those burdens home to their daughter. When Kye was down, the four felt closer like they did when the two Watson siblings were only small children.

“So I see the new neighbour has finally arrived,” Clive pointed out, forking up some pasta dish Ella had piled together along with a side salad. It was delicious considering she threw together some ingredients she found around the kitchen.

“The house has been bought for the past 4 months I heard, but it has taken them this long to move. God knows what takes someone that time to move.” Fiona chuckled. Ella smiled, remembering the conversation she had with Harry.

“His name is Harry,” Ella spoke, informing her parents about the run in. She also told them about the bad he was in, but of course Clive was already informed on the world’s biggest boy band.

“We should invite him over for dinner one night; I’m sure your father would love to pick his brain, and I could only imagine him feeling all alone in such a big house.” Fiona suggested, “You seem to be acquainted with him, Ella, so perhaps next time you see him you could extend the invitation?”

“Sure, mum.” Ella smiled, finishing up her dinner and placing her plate in the dishwasher.

Excusing herself, Ella left her parent’s chatting about some new houses being built further into the neighbourhood, and headed for her room. Ella grabbed her Mac laptop, taking it to her favourite spot in the seat built within the alcove of her bay window. She loaded up some of the pictures she took today at school, editing and creating a magazine cover for her photography coursework.

Whilst trying to adjust the picture to a perfect size, the neighbour’s garden light flickering on caught her attention. Ella watched closely as Harry’s figure emerged, a loose tartan print shirt, unbuttoned, billowed from the soft breeze, exposing his soft tanned torso. Ella blushed, for reason’s she didn’t know because he could not see the way her eyes were lining every curve and bump on his stomach.

His hair was scruffily held back by a blue bandanna and his legs were simply covered by a pair of black skinny jeans. He took a seat on a sun lounger and tilted his head up to the sky. Ella held her breath for a moment, watching in awe at how peaceful he looked.

Suddenly his face tilted to her window and is eyes landed on her figure sitting in the window; she had been caught watching him.

Harry smiled, raising his hand and waving to her. Ella returned the smile and waved back. His eyes lingered on her window for a while longer before he finally turned away. Ella let out the air she had been holding, watching closely as Harry stands to his feet and disappears back into his house.

“Lights out Ella,” Her dad’s voice on the other side of the door finally brought her eyes away from the lounger Harry had just been sitting on.

“Okay,” She murmured back, closing her laptop and heading towards her bed. Usually her parents didn’t mind her staying up, but they knew she had an important test tomorrow and they believed strongly on a good night’s sleep.

Snuggling further under her covers, she closed her eyes and welcomed sleep with open arms