The Boy Next Door

twenty four.

One month later…
Ella stared at the certificates in her hands and couldn’t believe she had not only finished school forever, but had passed all her exams. She looked up at Harry who despite being told he didn’t need to come to the school and risk being hounded, had insisted he wanted to be here.

“So?” He eagerly bounced back from his toes to the heel of his feet.

“I passed,” Ella beamed, handing him the papers just as he pulled her into his arms and swung her around.

“I knew you could do it babe,” He cheered, planting loving kisses along her cheeks and forehead. “Come on Watson, let’s go celebrate.” Harry entwined his fingers with hers as they both exited the school for the last time ever. Ella was scared she was moving up into the big world, but at the same time she was ready.

That night, her parents had invited all Ella’s close friend’s over and threw one of their famous BBQ’s. It felt great to have her old school friend’s there, but also to have Harry and the boys and their girlfriends here too.

Ella watched proudly as her dad chatted to Harry about the upcoming tour, which had Ella frowning at the idea that in 2 days she would be saying goodbye to Harry. As much as he promised to call and visit, or get her to visit, she wasn’t ready to let him go just yet.

“Why so sad?” Zayn’s familiar soothing voice crept up behind her and Ella found herself embracing her best friend.

“I don’t want you guys to leave.” She pouted, resting her head against Zayn’s chest. He patted her blonde hair gently and sighed.

“We’ll all miss you too, but it isn’t forever.” No matter what he or anybody said, it wouldn’t make this any easier.

“Ella darling, what’s up?” Harry always knew when Ella was upset or angry even if he wasn’t in the same room. It’s like he could sense her sadness from a mile away. He smiled at Zayn as Ella moved herself into Harry’s arms.

“I’m not ready to say goodbye.” She sniffled, holding back the tears that threatened the fall.

“I’m not either,” Harry held Ella at arm distance and smiled into her eyes. He kissed her forehead before stepping back and thumping his fist down onto the wooden table. Everyone stopped and looked at Harry.

“Sorry to disturb you all, but I wanted to say something.” Harry’s eyes never left Ella’s as he began speaking the words he had been practicing all month. He had already delivered one to her parents beforehand and after getting their blessing, he was ready now to finally get it in the open.

“Ella Watson, you have been a little firecracker that has blown my life up and filled it with a sea of colour. You never cease to amaze me with your never ending positive outlook on life and the positive energy you can’t help but spread around you.” Ella wanted to cry harder at how kind Harry was being, but she hid the tears behind the smile, knowing she couldn’t crack yet, she still had two days left with him.

“However in two days, I will be leaving to go on tour. It seems unfair that just as I get you back, I appear to be pulled away from you again. However, I swore that day you finally took me back that I would never leave you again, and I intend to keep that promise!”

Ella tilted her head and stared confused at Harry as he stepped closer to her again. Grabbing both her hands and holding them in his, Harry delivered the closing line of his speech.

“So that’s why I want you to come with me. I want to take you across the world with me, to experience everything together and as a couple. I love you so much, Ella Watson, and I’m not prepared to take no as an answer!”

Ella stared dumbfounded at Harry and everyone. The smiles on her parent’s face told her they already knew.

“But what about university, I already accepted my placement this September?” Ella squeaked.

“It’s already been sorted. All you have to say is yes and your entry will be deferred a year. Think of it as that gap year you use to plan as a child- you finally get to travel and see the world.” Ella’s father said, moving over and placing a hand on her shoulder.

Was it possible for everything to be so perfect and fall right into place?

Ella smiled at everyone before pulling Harry against her.

“Of course I’ll come with you,” She almost whispered as Harry let out a long cheer and picked her up for the second time that day.

“I love you Ella Watson,” He shouted, planting a kiss on her lips, despite everyone watching.

Ella pulled back and stared into Harry’s eyes. The green eyes she had learnt to trust all over again this past month. She was ready to finally let go…

“I love you too,” She smiled. Harry stared at her, unbelieving at first at what he just heard.

“What?” He had to hear her say it again.

Ella tilted her head back and laughed in her cute manner, “I said I love you, Harry!”

Harry let out a brilliant laugh before kissing her again. Everyone seemed to have left them alone and return to their previous conversations.

“I can’t believe it,” Harry ran his hands through his hair and laughed again.

“I know,” Ella smirked, “Who would have thought I would fall in love with the boy next door!
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.

Sorry I took so long to complete this story and sorry the end may seemed rushed, but I promised myself and my readers I would complete this and today I found the inspiration and motivation to do so.

I now feel content that some things in my life are not just hanging around unfinished. It was my resolution to complete things I set out to do- and this was one! Thank you to everyone who read or subscribed or commented. I love you all!