The Boy Next Door

nine.

When Ella woke the next morning, she smiled when she realised she had fallen asleep cuddled against Harry. Harry must have pulled them down at some point because she woke lying beside him, spooning. Suddenly a blush crept upon Ella’s cheek when she felt something hard prod against her back, although it also caused a familiar sensation erupt through her body. It didn’t surprise her that her body responded like it did, she fancied Harry like the rest of the female population.

Ella shifted herself in his embrace until she was facing Harry. She stared intently at his features, reaching out and tracing the curve of his cheeks and lips. As he finger moved around his bottom lip, Harry’s lip puckered and his kissed the tip of her finger. Ella blushed as his eyes opened and he smiled.

“Morning,” He croaked, his voice hoarse and sexier than ever.

“Good morning,” Ella smiled, pulling her hand back down.

“Did you sleep okay?” He asked, lifting his hand and running it gently over her face to remove the few strands of hair that covered it. Ella nodded, biting down on her lip. “Good.”

“Thank you for last night, Harry.” Ella said, suddenly remembering the events of last night. She then remembered Clara and her parent’s. They probably were wondering where she was.

Thankfully, her clock read six am so her parent’s would still be in bed, so she quickly sent them a text saying she had slept over Clara’s and would be back later. She then looked through all the worried texts from Clara and ignored the messages from Oscar. She told Clara she was home safe and would explain everything later.

“So are you going to tell me what got you all upset earlier?” Harry asked, his hand now playing with a strand of hair, twirling it around his finger. Ella looked down and wondered if she should tell him the truth. Harry would probably be pissed because she knew he was the sort of guy who wouldn’t stand for guys pushing themselves on girls. She also didn’t want to taint Oscar’s name because he was deep down a great guy- he just made stupid decisions, especially when he was drunk.

But Ella felt like she owed Harry the truth and felt like it was impossible to lie to those green eyes. She let out a sigh and looked back up.

“I was at a friend’s party, but thing’s got out of hand and… And Oscar forced himself on me.” Ella watched as Harry’s eyes grew wide and his jaw clenched. Ella instinctively reached up and touched his jaw line. “Nothing bad, just a kiss, but it was still forced.”

“No guy should ever treat a girl like that. Are you okay though, love?” Harry’s eyes were back to those caring, tender eyes that Ella was falling for. Ella nodded and smiled.

“All thanks to you,” Ella added, “I don’t know how I could ever thank you for saving me from a night spent in that cold car.” Harry smiled and shook his head.

“How about that dinner you promised you’d cook me? We can make a night of it with a movie as well, if you’re up for it?” Ella looked surprised at Harry, wondering why he wanted to spend a night in with her.

“Don’t you have better things to be doing? I mean, I’d love to make dinner for you, but I don’t want to stop you from any plans you might have?” Ella looked back down but Harry shifted her chin back up to his.

“I don’t have any plans, and if I did, I would still cancel them.” Harry looked serious as he stared into her eyes. Ella so badly wanted to push forward and press her lips to his, but knew it would be a stupid move. Harry saw her as a neighbour or a friend, nothing more. Ella pulled back and sat herself up, thinking she may have imagined the sigh that left Harry’s mouth. “Get some more sleep, it’s still early and now your parent’s know not to worry.” Harry urged her. Ella nodded, allowing her eyes to shut as she pressed closer to Harry. Despite the sofa not being the most comfortable place to sleep, she was happy cuddled against Harry.

When they woke again, the clock read ten and Ella realised they had slept for another four hours. She must have truly been tired.

“Well I better go search your fridge for something to make,” Ella smiled, shooting forward and heading towards the kitchen. She looked around the room, making note of the ingredients he had and decided she could make a spaghetti bolognaise with everything.

Harry walked in shortly after and stood beside her.

“How does spaghetti bolognaise sound?” Ella smiled, holding up some mince and an onion, setting them down next to the pack of spaghetti, half a garlic clove, some olives and a chilli pesto that would give bolognaise sauce a little kick.

“Sounds delicious, Watson.” The last name was back and Ella realised she had missed it coming from his lips.

“I’m going to pop home and have a shower and change, and I’ll be back shortly.” Ella said moving back towards the bathroom that had her clothes from last night.

“Or you could shower here and just use my clothes?” Harry suggested. Ella looked a little shocked. Why did Harry want her to stay so bad? “Text your parent’s your spending the day at Clara’s.” Harry’s face didn’t shift as he handed over Ella’s phone. Ella didn’t say anything, she just nodded and quickly sent a text to her parent’s and another to Clara saying she was using her an alibi for today and tonight, promising again to explain tomorrow to her.

Harry smiled and walked over, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the stairs.

“I’ll grab you some clothes and I’ll show you how to use the shower.” Harry didn’t let go of her hand as he lead her into his room. Ella blushed, realising that was where he slept at night. She wondered if any girl had slept in there with him.

Ella listened to how to work the shower before Harry handed her a towel and clothes and shut the door.

She took about ten minutes to shower, before stepping out and drying her body. She realised then that Harry had only left a top. Wrapping the white towel around her body, she stepped into his room, thankful he wasn’t there. Her eyes landed on her black shorts on his bed, so quietly moved over to them. Just as she turned, her luck ran out and Harry was heard chuckling at the door. Ella jumped in her skin and let out a small scream.

“God Harry, don’t do that to a girl.” Ella held firmly onto the towel that was threatening to fall.

“Sorry, love,” He stepped into the room and approached her. “Did I forget something?”

Ella held up her shorts.

“Unless you planned on having me parade around in your top and my knickers?” Ella smirked, the flirting falling back into her tone of voice.

“Damn, you caught me there.” Harry played along. Ella smacked his chest, but her towel shifted so she quickly gripped at it. “Get your arse back in there before I get more that what I bargained for.” Harry chuckled, turning on his heel and laughing as he left through the door.

Ella smiled as she shut the bathroom door and slipped into the clothes. She loved how comfortable she felt in his grey and white top that had some band’s name across the front. It slightly came off her shoulders and almost covered the black shorts she had on.

Ella quickly towel dried her hair and headed back down the stairs to find Harry. She had a dinner to make and a boy to figure out.