My Whole World

A Moment

Brooklyn’s POV:
“I don’t really care at this point. I just want to get out and see the sites.” My best friend, Morgan, and I just moved to California. She’s at my apartment begging to stalk down our favorite band.
“Fine, let’s go.” I give in.
“Yes!”
“But we’re doing that yoga class in two hours. Your mom said she would kill me if I didn’t keep you on it.”
“Shut up, I have classes to teach next month. I’ll worry about yoga then.” She waves it off and runs to her car.
“No, just let it go.” I hear some girl say when we get to the beach.
“I can’t! I never should have let him go.” The other girl complains.
“Well that was five years ago so move on.” The first girl complains and her friend shoves a bottle in some baby’s mouth.
“Poor girl. She must have had that baby really young.” Morgan says and I look at them.
“Do you two know Zach Porter?” The girl with the baby asks and my heart pounds. She knows Zach.
“Yeah, sort of. We like the band.” Morgan answers.
“Cool.” She says and walks off.
“That was weird.” I say when she walks off.
“Very much so.”
“She used to be popular.” I hear and turn around. I am staring in the eyes of Zach Porter.
“Oh, my gosh.”
“Hey, Brooklyn.” He smiles.
“He still remembers you!” Morgan yells and runs off. I don’t know where she’s going, but I don’t really care.
“Zach, hi.”
“Are you living out here now?” He asks and I nod.
“Morgan and I moved after she turned 22, last month actually.”
“Why?” He asks. I am actually talking to Zach.
“It’s always been her dream to teach out here and I have dreams of my own.” I tell him. He smiles.
“Can I help with these dreams?” He asks and I can’t tell if he’s flirting so I’m just going to use Morgan’s logic. He’s into me.
“Maybe, but I’d like to do it all on my own.”
“I still listen to the song you made me.” He says and my jaw drops.
“Seriously? I didn’t even know if you had ever listened to it.”
“You’re good.” He tells me and I’m afraid my heart is going to jump out of my chest any second.
“Thank you.” I tell him because I have no idea what else to say.
“Really, Brooklyn, you’re good. I can definitely see you on a stage with fans screaming your name.”
“So basically you can see me in your spot.” I tell him and he laughs.
“Maybe not that far yet.”
“Hey, you aren’t that good.” I tease him.
“Brooklyn, we have to go.” Morgan reappears.
“Really? Now?” I ask her.
“My mom said so.” She uses against me.
“Where are you going?” Zach asks.
“Yoga class.” I roll my eyes as Morgan drags me away.
“Why? We were connecting and you just ruined the moment.” I can’t believe that was happening.
“Let him find you again if he likes you. Trust me, he does, and you need to let him realize it.”
“I think he knows!” I yell.
“And downward dog.” The instructor says. Great.