My Whole World

Different

Zach’s POV:
“I’m in love.” I say when I get to the studio.
“You’ve said that before.” Cameron says, not looking up.
“But this is different than her.” In high school I was in love with a girl, but she and her friends were too cool for me apparently.
“How?” Michael asks, more worried about his drums.
“She’s a fan. I just ran into Brooklyn.” They both look up and Brent stares.
“You saw her again?” Brent asks.
“Just now. She and her friend moved out here to follow their dreams.”
“Wait, her friend is here? Zach, where are they?” Cameron asks and I laugh.
“They went to yoga class or something. I don’t really know.”
“If you see either of them again, I want Morgan’s number.” Cameron says.
“Now you can’t laugh at me for acting this way.” I tell him.
“No, he can.” Michael says.
“Guys, relationships are the last thing you need right now. Just focus on the band and your fans.” Stefanie tells us.
“Oh, they’re focused on the fans alright.” Brent says.
“Quit talking.” She tells him and leaves.
“Man, I’m going to be 24 in December. If I want a relationship, I can have one.” I mumble
“Maybe you can’t hear me all the time, but I can always hear you, Zach. I said no on that subject and you will follow the rules.” Stefanie tells me.
“Yes, ma’am.” I say and we decide which song to record first. We leave and Cameron follows me out.
“Are you sure they’re here to stay?” He asks.
“It’s what Brooklyn said. Morgan is teaching and Brooklyn is following her singing career.”
“You could help her!” He suggests.
“Like I didn’t already offer. She said she wants to do this on her own and I hope I’m by her side when she succeeds.”
“Hey, we know first hard it’s not all that easy to make it.”
“But we did make it and she will, too. You heard the song.”
“Because you couldn’t stop playing it.”
“Don’t pretend you didn’t have that picture and the poem hanging up in your bunk the rest of the tour.”
“So?” He asks and starts to walk ahead of me.
“We’ve gone crazy. Like our fans.” I tell him and he turns around.
“But they’re two girls who are very much worth it.” His phone rings and he tells me it’s Bridget.
“Did she get her schedule?” I ask him and the look on his face has me worried.
“She has Ms. Forbach for one her classes.”
“What’s so bad about that?” I ask him.
“That’s Morgan’s last name!” He tells me and I start laughing.
“Okay, that is hilarious and you know it! Imagine how awkward conferences with your mom will be, especially if you start dating.”
“Shut up.” He says.
“Maybe it is best if we don’t date them.”
“Yeah, maybe.” He agrees and then I see it.
“Hey, look, there they are.” I probably look like a creeper staring in the window.
“You can’t just watch them!” Cameron tells me.
“Tell me you don’t like watching her.” I say and he gets red.
“We should go.” He says just as Brooklyn and Morgan raise their heads and start to run out.