My Whole World

Tour Life

Zach’s POV:
“How is Brooklyn’s first tour going?” Mom asks when I call her from the road. Brooklyn is one month into her first tour.
“Amazing! She has so many fans every night and it’s great to see her get so excited when she meets them.
“Now you know how I felt watching you during your first show.”
“Mom, that was a long time ago.” I tell her and I know she’s going down memory lane again.
“But it seems like just yesterday you guys were signing to Hollywood Records.”
“I know it does.” Brooklyn walks out the door. “I should go, she just finished another show.”
“Call me again, Zach, I enjoy hearing from you both.”
“I will.” I tell her and hang up. I walk over to Brooklyn.
“This was the best show!” She smiles.
“You say that every time.” I tell her and she laughs.
“Yeah, I guess I do. How’s the tour bus?” She asks me.
“Different when you’re the groupie.” I say and she laughs, but I can hear how tired she is.
“I bet it is. It’s great when you’re the artist.” She says and starts to open the door.
“I love you, Brooklyn.” I say and she drops her hand from the bus door.
“I love you, too, Zach.” She kisses me. “But I am really tired now and I'm going to bed.”
“Remember Morgan, Katy, and Katelyn are joining you next week.”
“How could I forget? Morgan’s done for the year and the others wanted to wait.” She rolls her eyes.
“You guys are crazy together.” I tell her.
“Hey, Cameron and Michael are joining, too. I am sure you guys will create a ton of trouble while I’m playing my shows.”
“We’ll be watching you just like I do every night.” I tell her and she smiles, getting into her bunk.
“That sounds so creepy.”
“Good, my only goal is to creep you out.” I tell her.
“Hey, Zach, how do you feel about starting a family after I’m done with this tour?” She asks.
“I think we can discuss that in a month and a half.” I tell her and she smiles, closing her eyes.
“Okay, but really do think about it when you aren’t doing anything else. We’ve been married a year and I want a baby.”
“Alright, I'll think about it.” I’m not sure I’m ready, but I guess I’ll have to be one day because we both know we want children.
“I’m serious, Zach.” She says quietly, starting to fall asleep.
“I know you are, Brooklyn. You don’t joke about much.” I say and by her lack of response I am guessing she fell asleep. My phone rings and it’s Morgan.
“Zach, I have an issue.”
“Brooklyn just fell asleep.”
“No, I don’t want to talk to her. I would have called in the morning. Zach, I need to talk to you.”
“Are you okay? Is Cameron okay?” She needs to be specific right now.
“We’re fine. Well, for now. I just crashed his motorcycle.” She tells me and I laugh louder than I should.
“Why did you call me?” I ask her.
“How do I tell him?” She asks.
“You’ll be fine.” I tell her.
“Gee, you’re so helpful.” I get the feeling she’s rolling her eyes and then she hangs up so I sleep.