My Whole World

Fairytale

Zach’s POV:
“Nice apartment.” I say when Brooklyn opens the door.
“It’s not bad for a first place, but it’s definitely just temporary.” She says and goes to put her shoes on.
“Hopefully.” I say quietly, hoping she doesn’t hear me.
“Alright, I’m ready to go.” She smiles and it’s breathtaking. I honestly think I’m in love with her even if it’s crazy.
“We’re just going to dinner, I hope you weren’t planning on anything special.”
“Zach, any date with you is going to be special for me.” She says. I open the door for her.
“I'm glad you feel that way now. You know, you are way different from when we met the first few times.” I tell her and she blushes.
“Is that a good thing?” She asks.
“Probably, I just hope you haven’t changed too much.” She looks out the window
“Hey, there’s that girl. The one you said used to be popular.” I look and see Marissa walking down the street. Shame she had a kid so young. Her problem, though, and I am glad it’s not mine.
“Yeah, there she is.” I say.
“Who is she?” Brooklyn asks.
“I liked her in high school, but she never gave me a second look. She and her friends laughed at me every day, told me I would never amount to anything.”
“Look how wrong they were.” She smiles.
“I think of that every note.” I tell Brooklyn.
“At least some of us can see your true potential. Zach, you’re a really special guy.” Brooklyn tells me.
“You won’t think that for much longer.” I tell her and she laughs.
“I’ve been a fan since the beginning. Believe me, I know how you are.”
“Fine, but you’ve been warned.” I tell her and she laughs.
“You’ll see, Zach. You’re special and I think we could work out beautifully.” She says with such confidence it’s hard to believe she’s the same girl who had to be pushed towards me.
“Here we are.” I say as I pull into the restaurant.
“Wow, this place is amazing.” She says when we get inside.
“Name?”
“Porter.” I say and a waiter takes us to our table.
“Can you afford this? Wait, stupid question. Do you want to afford this?” Brooklyn asks as she looks through the menu.
“This is a special occasion.” I say and she smiles.
“Alright, but I’ll remember this and do something special for you one day.”
“You’ve done enough, Brooklyn. You buying albums and tickets makes this possible.” I tell her and she laughs.
“So basically I’m paying for this meal.” I laugh, too.
“Interesting logic. I guess you kind of are.” The night is amazing and we spend most of it laughing, just like we’ve been together forever. I guess in a way, we have been.
“Tonight was great.” She says as I walk her up to her door.
“I would like to see you again.” I say.
“Just say when.” She tells me.
“Next Friday. We can go to a movie.” I tell her.
“Okay, sounds good.”
“Brooklyn?” I say and she turns around. I kiss her.