My Whole World

Beginning of a Long Road

Brooklyn’s POV:
“Tell me everything!” Morgan yells right after Zach leaves and I laugh.
“It was great. We went to dinner and then he dropped me off here and kissed me. I don’t think it could have been a better first date.” I tell her and she grins.
“I hope Cameron is like that tomorrow.” She sighs.
“Hey, he likes you. He didn’t ask you out just because Zach asked me out.”
“Oh gosh! What if that is why! Maybe he just didn’t want me to feel left out or something!”
“Quit thinking and just accept the fact you’re going on a date with Cameron Quiseng.” I tell her and she grins.
“Damn, I have a date with Cameron. This has always been my dream and now I don’t even know how to feel. I have to get ready!”
“You have a whole day!” I say.
“But I want to look perfect.”
“Where’s he taking you?” I ask her.
“I have no idea! This just got harder, Brooklyn, I have to go.”
“Get some sleep so you don’t look tired tomorrow.” I yell down the hall.
“Not helping!” She yells back and I laugh. This chick is insane. I wake up the next morning to a text from Zach.
“Had a great time last night. Can’t wait to see you.” It says and I smile. He is so sweet. I forward it to Morgan and I have no doubt I hear her scream from three floors up. Five minutes later she’s pounding on my door, out of breath.
“Did you take the stairs?” I ask her.
“No way was I waiting on an elevator! He so digs you.”
“Really? Who even says that anymore?” I ask.
“Me.” She says and I roll my eyes.
“Go get ready for your date with Cameron.”
“He won’t be here for 10 hours! How am I supposed to wait until 6?”
“The same way I waited until seven for Zach.” I tell her.
“Do you even know how badly I need this?” She asks.
“Yeah, I do.” I need this thing with Zach to work out.
“Are things going to be awkward if Bridget hates how I teach? What if she hates me and wants Cameron to break up with me?”
“How late were you up last night.”
“Who said I ever fell asleep?” She asks.
“And how many situations did you invent?” I ask her.
“3 breakups, 5 way for us to win the other back, 2 weddings, and the birth of our first child. Oh, and a divorce.”
“Wow, Cameron has a lot to put up with.”
“What if he can’t?”
“4 breakups?” I ask her and she nods.
“Alright, you need to go home and sleep. I promise I’ll make sure you’re up by one so you can get ready.”
“Thank you!” She hugs me and leaves. There is no way she’s sleeping. Around five she’s at my door again.
“Do you want help getting ready?” I ask her and she looks towards the window.
“No, I can’t get ready. What if he doesn’t like me after this first date?”
“He will.”
“I hope you’re right.” She says and goes to get ready.