My Whole World

Wrapped Around Their Fingers

Brooklyn’s POV:
“Good night, Zach.” I say as we stand outside my apartment. We’ve been together for three weeks and I meet his parents tomorrow.
“I don’t want to leave.” He says and I leave.
“I don’t want you to, but you know what our friends would think. They would assume the worst.”
“Who cares? They don’t have to know about it.” He says.
“Morgan will find out and she’d tell Cameron.” I tell Zach and he thinks about it.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right.”
“She is freaking out about starting class next week. She’s afraid she’ll screw things up with Bridget.”
“That girl worries a lot, doesn’t she?” Zach asks and I laugh.
“Can’t even defend her, she does.” I tell him and he kisses me.
“I love you.” Zach says and it shocks me, but I smile.
“I love you, too.” I say.
“We aren’t rushing this, are we?” He asks me. “I really don’t want to ruin things with you.”
“No, everything’s great.” I tell him.
“Okay, good. I really like you, Brooklyn.” My heart is pounding and I decide to test this.
“Do you want to go to a yoga class with me?” I ask him and he makes a face.
“Uhm, do you want me to?” He asks.
“I would like for you to, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to.” I say and start to open my door. I’m not even sure how long we’ve been standing out here.
“Let me know when it is and I’ll be there.” He says and I grin. I guess he really does like me.
“Thank you so much!” I wrap my arms around him. “You are amazing.”
“Anything for you, Brooklyn, really.”
“Zach, that’s so sweet.”
“I told you I really care about you. You’re everything to me, even if it’s only been three weeks.”
“I cannot wait to meet your family.” I tell him.
“And I can’t wait to meet yours.”
“Even though they live in a different state.” I laugh and he takes my hand.
“If they don’t visit you anytime soon then we will go to them.”
“Could you be any sweeter?” I ask and I don’t want him to answer. He leans in to kiss me.
“Brooklyn!” I hear Morgan yell from down the hall.
“Dang.” I say and Zach laughs.
“Oh, you’re busy, sorry. I can come back.” She says and starts to turn around.
“No, I was just leaving. See you tomorrow.” Zach says and walks down the hall.
“What was so important?” I ask her and she giggles.
“You were kissing a boy.”
“Yes, I was. Like you haven’t already. And what are you, eight?” I ask and she laughs.
“Alright, that’s not the point of this conversation. Cameron’s coming to yoga with us.” She grins.
“No way! Zach’s coming, too.” I tell her and she screams.
“We already have control over the poor guys.”
“But we already knew that would happen.” I tell her and she laughs.
“Yeah, it was easily predicted. There’s no way they can say no to us. Hello, they were just as star struck as we were.”
“They kind of were.” I agree and smile at that. I go inside, happier than I was.