Titles are for suckers

I couldn't even think of a real title let alone one for the chapter.

This is the kind of story that is going to start uninterestingly. It is just a fact that at the start things generally aren't all that interesting because if they were then later on when you want to be interesting it will be harder to do since you will have to make it notably more interesting than your interesting start and since i can't really see this going anywhere all that interesting we need to make where it is going a grand size more interesting than the start and so we start uninterestingly.

So here is your uninteresting start:

It was 01:22 on a Monday night. Well no technically it was Tuesday morning but everyone he spoke to at these hours of the night/morning always used to refer to it by the day before. This puzzled James immensely as why on earth would we go through all of the pain of teaching our children that after midnight it is the next day. James sat and could only think of whoever had decided that we as humans would observe time like this and how helpful he must have thought himself to give us this system to work by and how simple it was that there were 24 hours in a day and that after the 24th hour it was the next day and yet people spit on his grave in the way they talk about what day it is. Frankly, James thought straightening his spine in his chair, it's downright rude how people dishonour him in that way and how we should all just start accepting it's the next day instead of holding to the past like an adult trying to hold onto their youth or more literally, James mused, trying to hold on to the soap when you're in the shower (A much more serious concern than holding onto time when one is in prison no doubt). James thought again and then thought what day is it though at exactly 00:00:00, because that is the exact same time as 24:00:00 so has the day technically started or ended then or is that a sort of alternate dimension of time we dare not ponder on. James moved over to his bed and thought about how pretentious he sounded pondering time and worrying about people he didn't even know the name of long since past when there were real problems in the here and now to deal with. So, naturally, after coming to that conclusion he went to sleep to be neither here nor now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate it.