Status: (c) 2014 to arisafari | I'm doing my best to put in work every day & I'm having fun. XOXO

Misguided Ghosts

Seven

It's been over a month since Tom left. I tried not to think about him, but a part of him lived inside me. Until September or October. Dan hadn't tried to have sex with me again, thankfully. I was staying with Jeremy now, trying to save money. He still doesn't know about my situation yet.

It was an afternoon in March. I was lying down browsing on my laptop the different places I could live and I found the perfect home in Ashland, Oregon. I literally had just enough money to place a down payment on it. I sent in an application with all my information and background. I added that I was expecting a baby, so hopefully I get good news back. Not even a minute later Jeremy comes through the door with a bottle of Pineapple Skyy. It almost immediately made my stomach churn.

"I thought we could get fucked up tonight." he waved the bottle at me.

"I don't think so." I think I should tell Jeremy now. "I can't drink, Jeremy." I gestured him to sit on the bed next to me.

"Why? What's wrong? Are you sick?" he questioned.

"No. Well, not permanently." I started to explain. "I-I'm pregnant, Jeremy."

"What the fuck." he was startled. "Is it that prick's you were dating for like a week?"

I shook my head and looked down.

"I-I-is it mine?" A flash of worry showed on his face. I didn't want to lie to him, but I wanted to see his reaction. I wanted to see what he would do. I wanted him to take it as he thought.

"Fuck, Ramona. What are we going to do?" He stood and paced across the room.

"I'm leaving. Once they accept me and the paper work goes through I'm leaving, Jeremy." I bit my lower lip.

"Where are we going?" He looked puzzled, poor kid.

I sat in silence.

"You're not leaving without me, not with my kid." He yelled.

"How are you so sure it's even yours?" I argued.

"Well, I'd be more of a father than the guy your dumbass decided to fuck and let leave."

"Fuck you, Jeremy. You don't know shit. I didn't want him there. I don't want anyone there. I want to handle this on my own." I felt my eyes water.

"Then why are you here? To make an idiot out of me?" he paused. "This isn't no refugee place for pregnant whores, Ramona."

I felt my whole body heat up. I could murder this guy. Who the hell does he think he is? I should've told Tom the truth. I'm such an idiot. Out if instinct I stood up and clocked Jeremy in the jaw and I punched him again and again. I didn't stop until he slapped me and threw me onto the bed. Even then, I tried to fight back. He squeezed at my neck, harder every second. I felt my vision tunneling until I was completely blacked out.

===


I woke up and I was still in the bed. It was dark and I could hear music playing. I looked at the time, it was 8:30. Fuck! I was so late for work. Dan was going to fire my ass. I quickly gathered my things in a suitcase and threw my hair into a bun. I put on my grey Converse and headed for the door. I was in such a rush, I didn't pay attention to who was around me.

"Ramona!" a familiar voice called out behind me. I didn't want to believe what my mind was thinking. I turned around and saw Tom coming from down the stairs. I ran after him, the tears came again. I embraced him in a hug. I never wanted to let him go. "Did you switch rooms or something?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Hey prick! Get the fuck away from my girl!" Jeremy's drunken voice called from the side.

Tom's expression was hilarious. He had a "this motherfucker" look on his face as he rolled his eyes and faced Jeremy.

"Jeremy stop. I'm leaving now." I said quietly.

"Yeah fucking right. Get your ass back in the room." He nudged me.

"Don't touch her." Tom pushed him away.

"I'll touch her if I want, dude. She's carrying my baby." He pushed Tom back.

Tom looked at me with rage in his eyes.

"Jeremy, what are you saying? You're drunk!" I took Tom's hand to reassure him but he pulled away.

"You know Ramona, I came back for you because I had a really bad feeling. Like you lied to me. But now it all makes sense." he started to leave the complex and Jeremy was laughing.

"Tom! I did lie!" I chased after him. We were out of the complex when he stopped.

"That's what you do huh? You lie? For what? To get guys attention? Their money? Sex?" he took in a deep breath. "Just tell me the truth Ramona."

I grabbed his hands. "I will. I'll explain everything, just please follow me to the bar so I can get my money." He nodded his head and started for his car. I got into mine and turned the engine on, speeding down the busy streets of LA. I couldn't wait to get out of here. My life in Oregon will be perfect.

I got the bar and immediately jumped out of the car and walked to the entrance. Dan looked up at me, he was pissed.

"Can I talk to you... In the back?" I hopped over the bar.

"Fuck no. Get to work." He said.

Tears formed in my lids. "Please, Dan." He took a deep breath and nodded. I followed him to the back room. I explained the whole story of why I saw late, getting into the reason I was living with Jeremy in the first place. I told him I was saving up as much money as I could so I can go to Oregon "and raise my baby." I looked down.

"Wait... what?" he stepped back.

"I'm pregnant, Dan. I can't work here anymore. I just need my money from my last check. I can't stay here anymore." I wiped the tears that had fallen down my cheeks.

Dan nodded and opened up the safe. He pulled out a stack of money and wrapped it up and put it in a wine box. "This should help you out. Your check should be in the bank account by the end of the week. Good luck, Ramona. You'll be great. Make your baby proud." he kissed my forehead as I wept in front of him.

"Thanks, Dan." I started for the bar with my wine box.

"Hey, Ramona." He called out. I turned around. "I'm sorry... About... You know." he looked shameful.

I turned around and left the bar. I walked over to Tom's car that was parked next to mine. He got out and opened the passenger seat for me. I slid into the car and waited for him to get in the driver's side.

"Why do you have wine?" he asked.

"It's not wine." I handed the box over to him. "Dan gave me some cash to get me out of LA."

Tom sighed. "Is he the father?"

"No." I cried and Tom reached over and rubbed my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, babe. I just don't know what happened." I heard his voice crack. I looked up to see that a tear escaped his eye. I wiped it away with a kiss.

"Can we go somewhere for tonight?" I asked him.

"Of course. Just follow me." I nodded and got out of his car. His engine started as I sat in my car. I turned it on and followed him out of the parking lot.

We drove back down a familiar place. To The Hilton where it all began. We parked next to eachother and I grabbed my bag and my suitcase from the back seat. He took my suitcase in with one hand and used the other to wrap around my shoulders. I put the hood of my sweater on as we went into the hotel lobby. He stopped at the front desk and rented out a room for us. We just got some old random one and I laid down on the bed, not even thinking twice.

"Are you tired?" Tom sat next to me and rubbed my back. I just nodded and curled into a ball. "Get some rest, my love." He kissed my cheek and brought the blankets over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is short. It has its ups and downs, I haven't decided yet if Tom is going to stay in my story into the sequel but we shall see. XOXO