Status: (c) 2014 to arisafari | I'm doing my best to put in work every day & I'm having fun. XOXO

Misguided Ghosts

Eight

I woke up to the blankets rustling and the sun rising. Normally I'm not a light sleeper, but ever since I became pregnant I wake up to everything. Tom was still fast asleep with a small grin on his face. I chuckled and got up out of the bed. I decided to make an early start of the day. I wanted to get ready, check my emails and plan out how I'd do in Oregon.

I turned the shower on and as I let the water run to get warm, I laid out my outfit for the day on the bathroom counter. I let my hair down, grabbed my toothbrush and face wash and hopped in the water that was already steaming. I liked showers because I felt that they were a sacred and private place. Private until Tom woke up, that is.

"Hey... Sorry to bug, I just really have to piss." He hollered over the water.

"I don't mind." I did a little.

I finished cleaning myself off and turned off the water. I reached out for a towel, realizing I forgot to grab one. "Shit... Tom!" I called out but was left unanswered. I rolled my eyes and got out of the shower. The bathroom door was left open, he should've heard me. I walked out of the bathroom to find him laying in bed with the TV on. "I need a towel." I interrupted his show.

Tom gazed at my naked body and smirked. "I think air drying is ok. Very eco-friendly." He winked.

"Shut up." I laughed as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Get me a towel."

He stood up and went into a cupboard by the bathroom, pulling me out a clean, soft, white towel.

"Thank you very much." I kissed his chin and walked back to the bathroom, wrapping the towel around me as I went. I tied my hair up as I applied my makeup and in the middle of it all, Tom walks in naked for his shower. I rolled my eyes, what a dick. The dick makes me smile. When my makeup was all done I put on my clothes and went to the main room to get my phone. Nobody really calls me or texts me. No one really has my number.

I grabbed my laptop out of my suitcase and turned it on. I wanted to see if anyone replied to my application for the condo in Oregon. I connected to the hotel's Wi-Fi and logged into my email. No such luck yet, but I did have a few recipe emails I could try out in my new home once I do get that email. I don't know why, I just had a really good feeling about it.

My daze went interrupted by Tom, half-tackling me from behind. I giggled as he hugged me and kissed my neck and shoulders. When he finally let me breathe, he took in a deep breath himself and straightened out his face.

"So what's going on?" He reached for my hand and gave it a squeeze.

I knew what he wanted to know. I felt myself beginning to cry again, but I was happy this time. I shrugged my shoulders "I'm having a baby." I laughed through my tears.

"With who?" He asked in desperation.

"Myself." It was simple.

"But who's baby is it?" He was trying to get to the bottom of it.

"Mine." I didn't want to be a burden on anyone. I didn't want to make anyone feel like they had to raise a child when they weren't ready.

"Ramona, stop playing games. Who's the father?" I could tell he was getting annoyed.

"Jesus Christ!" I exclaimed, but on second thought, it sounded like the expression used when they want somebody to shut up. I didn't use it like that, I really meant Jesus Christ.

"Dammit Ramona! Is this my baby?" He raised his voice a little.

"It was your sperm, Tom. Yes!" I laid back on the bed in exasperation.

"So then it is our baby." He put emphasis on the our.

I sighed and sat straight up. "Technically, yes. But I don't want to put pressure on you. I can do this by myself. I had every intention of doing so before you came back. Your life is in Germany, and I understand that. I don't want you to feel like you have to do anything for me or my baby."

"Stop acting like I wasn't a part of this creation. It's our baby. If I want to help in any way then I will." His arm wrapped around my waist. He kissed my temple softly.

"I found a house for me in Oregon." I bit my lower lip.

Tom backed up. "What?" I could feel he was angry but he didn't want to act out irrationally.

"Tom it's so beautiful and perfect for me and the baby." I tried to sound encouraging.

"What about the part where I'm the father of this baby. OUR BABY, Ramona!" His hand rested on his face like he was in deep thought.

"I didn't ask you to come back. I had plans, Tom." I choked up.

"Why can't I be a part of those plans?" He asked dumbly.

"You can, but that means living in a small town in Oregon. I can't go to Germany with you, Tom. That's too much. I just want a quiet peaceful life for once." I placed my hands on my cheeks.

Tom took a deep breath and rested his chin on one fist. He took a moment before speaking. "If moving to Oregon will make you happy, then I'll help you any way that I can. I want you to be able to properly and happily raise our baby. But I want to be able to visit and take her out, maybe even to Germany some time. I want to have an active relationship with the both of you." He hugged me at that. I nodded in agreement. It sounded easy enough. I got my house, hopefully, and my baby gets a father.

My computer chimed, notifying me that I got a new email. I looked at the new message and it was from the realtor. "Tom look!" I pointed at the screen. "They want me to come look at the house. I think I might get the house." I began to cry. I was really getting tired of crying for everything. It was going to be a long six months. I hugged Tom as tight as I ever could. I saw a happy future for me. Everything was going to be perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was an extremely short chapter but I think it brought some life back into Ramona after the crap she's been through these last couple of chapters. Hope you enjoyed it anyway. Much love to my readers and subscriber. Love ya! XOXO