Status: Active!

The Hardest Part Of This Is Leaving You

Chapter 2

"Sorry" I rubbed my head. I slipped out of consciousness again. I woke back up again to Vic shaking me lightly. "that was 8 minutes this time."
"I-I I'm sorry, Vic." I don't know why I was apologizing, But I was.
"I'm taking you to the doctor's now, ok?" He said trying to stay calm but I could here the panic in his voice. I nodded, "There's a 24 walk in clinic down the road." Vic looked around for my shoes. He found my toms and put them on my feet Before lifting me up off the couch. He grabbed his keys as we walked out of the apartment.
He held me tightly as we waited for the elevator, We could have taken the stairs, but we lived on the 15th floor and I wasn't capable of walking down stairs at the moment.
When the elevator came he let me lean against the wall. The right side of my head hurt so much and it was throbbing, it felt like someone had knife and was turning it slightly on the inside of my head.
I let out a small groan in pain and Vic looked at me. "It'll be ok, Kells, you probably just have the flu." He said the last part more to himself than to me.
When we got to the lobby, he wrapped his arm around my waist and walked outside the building.
The air was hot which made my head hurt. But Did I expect for it to be cold? I mean we live in San Diego. But it was dark outside.
The walk to the clinic took what felt like hours, but was probably only a few minutes.
When we stepped inside we walked to the desk. Vic began talking to the nurse and I kind of zoned out and rubbed my eyes whenever my vision became blurry.
"Kellin?" Vic asked causing me to put my attention on to what was happening. "They want to know how much your head hurts."
I nodded, "On a scale of 1 to 10, my head hurts at about 15."
"That bad?" The nurse said looking concerned, I nodded again That nod hurt my head. "Ok, an other symptoms, other than nausea, fainting and a headache?"
"I can't keep my balance, and I'm having trouble seeing, sometimes everything is blurry and I can't focus my vision."
"You didn't tell me that." Vic said biting his lip.
The nurse nodded, "A doctor will see you in a second, what's your last name?"
"Quinn"
"Ok, it'll only a be a few minutes."
We sat down in the very empty waiting room, I rested my head on Vic's shoulder.
"Why didn't you tell me you couldn't see?" Vic asked.
I shrugged, "It never came up." I whispered.
"Quinn, Kellin?" A doctor called.
I tried to stand up, but Vic had to lift me out of the chair and walk me over to where the doctor was.
The room looked like a hospital room, Vic sat me on the bed. I was gripping the bed holding myself up, since I couldn't lay down.
Vic sat in the chair next to the bed.
The doctor did normal check up stuff, he drew some blood, checked my eyes and ears, etc.
"Where did you say you're head hurt?" The doctor asked, I pointed to the side of my head. The doctor ran his hand over where I had pointed. When he ran his hand over a cretin part I flinched.
"It hurts here?"
"Yeah."
"Interesting, there's a small lump there, its probably nothing, but let me check your blood work ok?" Vic nodded for me, and the doctor left the room.
"I hope that lump is nothing." Vic starting to shake his legs.
"It's probably nothing, just don't be so paranoid, Vic."
"I'm sorry, I'm just worried."
The doctor came in about 5 minutes later holding a clipboard.
"Do you mind if we do a cat scan? We have to take you to the local hospital to do it."
"What happened?" Vic said panicky.
"We just need to see what the lump is, that's all." The doctor said calmly. "We just need to know if it's a tumor or not."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry about the late update and that's this short! It'll start to pick up soon!