Status: Re-writing! It'll be great, I promise you guys. :)

Just Hold On

Six

It was finally the weekend and students all around were thrilled to get a break from classes.

It was Saturday and Draco had spent the entirety of his morning and afternoon cooped up in the Room of Requirement, having a go at getting the Vanishing Cabinet fixed, but that was starting to become futile as the hours passed. Leaning against the cabinet, a frustrating sigh escaped his lips as he closed his eyes for a moment. He was sleep deprived, unable to eat a proper meal all week over the stress of this task. It was evident that this was taking a great toll on him.

Deciding to continue this tonight, he moved away from the cabinet towards the double doors that led out of the crowded room. As he exited, his eyes shifted back and forth, making sure that there was no one around before heading down the quiet corridor. He eventually reached the Great Hall, making his way to the Slytherin table.

“Blimey,” Blaise watched as Draco took a seat across from him, observing the dark bags beneath his eyes and how increasingly thin he’d gotten over the week. “What’s happened to you, mate?”

“Nothing,” Draco mumbled, piling some food onto his plate.

Hesitating slightly, Blaise decided against pushing the matter forward, “So guess what?”

“What?”

“I’ve been talking with Danielle Winfield this week,” Draco felt his body go numb, freezing in place as he continued to listen, “and she agreed to be my date for Hogsmeade next weekend.”

“Is that so?” Draco said through gritted teeth, trying to focus his attention on eating instead of strangling the hell out of his best friend.

Blaise smirked, “Can’t be anymore positive than I already am. Can you believe that I actually landed myself a date with the most desired girl at Hogwarts?”

Suddenly losing his appetite, Draco abruptly stood up, wiping at his mouth with a napkin before tossing it quite roughly onto the table. He made his way quickly out of the Great Hall, ignoring Blaise’s numerous calls after him. Instead of heading to the dungeons, he made his way straight to the Ravenclaw tower, hoping to find her there.

“Malfoy? What are you doing up here?” Rebecca Sumner was heading down the long, spiral staircase as he headed up, only for him to brush right pass her, but he suddenly stopped, turning back to face her.

An idea popped into his head, “Is Winfield up there?”

“She’s heading do –

Before she could finish, he quickly closed the distance between them, doing what came to mind first. He crashed his lips onto hers, hands tangling themselves into her dark hair as he shoved her against the wall. Hard. It didn’t take long for her to react, wrapping her arms around his neck as she pulled him closer.

“Becca, have you seen my – Draco?”

A smirk formed on his lips as he pulled away, turning around to face the beautiful Ravenclaw before him who stood there in bewilderment, “Winfield.”

“What were you asking, Dani?” Rebecca’s voice sounded airily from behind.

Danielle struggled to pry her eyes away from his stormy greys, but did so anyway as she looked at her best friend with bulging eyes, “I-I was, um, have you seen my book bag?” She managed to stammer out.

“I think I put it on my desk by accident,” Rebecca replied thoughtfully.

At that moment, Draco suddenly felt numb as Danielle averted her clear, blue eyes his way with what looked like hurt glinting in them. She turned around, climbing the few steps back up to their common room.

“Care to explain what that whole act was?”

Completely forgetting about Rebecca, Draco turned around, “What act?”

She smirked, “I’m not stupid, Malfoy. What are you playing at?”

“I needed something new,” he shrugged, placing his hands back into his pockets. Though he did want something new, he surely didn’t want it with Rebecca, but it was only part of his ingenious plan.

She leaned against the wall, running a hand through her hair before crossing her arms over her chest, “Right because Parkinson isn’t interesting enough for you?”

Just as he was about to reply, Danielle appeared atop the staircase, walking down before stopping beside the two of them, “Are you coming Becca or should I leave you two alone?” She asked softly, avoiding eye contact with Draco.

“I’ll come,” Rebecca pushed away from the wall, following Danielle down shortly after sending Draco a rather flirtatious wink. Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, he kept them on Danielle’s retreating form. When they were out of sight, Draco let out a frustrating sigh, running a frantic hand through his hair as he kicked at the railing. What in the world did I just do? Was all that ran through his mind as he continued to stand there for several minutes before heading back to the Slytherin common room.

Upon entering, a pair of arms winded around his torso from behind, causing him to react quickly and quite harshly as he pushed the mystery person against the nearest wall. His eyes hardened, “What the bloody hell are you doing in here?”

A devious grin crawled its way onto her tan features, “This.”

Her lips were on his in seconds and before he even knew it; they made it up to his room, clothes thrown all over the place and she was eventually underneath him on his bed as he let himself go for the rest of the night with Rebecca Sumner.
♠ ♠ ♠
NOOO WHY DRACO.
Don't hate me guys, things will eventually play out!

Thank you to all those who have been commenting/recommending/subscribing.
All this feedback is absolutely amazing and keeps me going!
Leave me more of your thoughts, yeah? x

I'm sorry. This gif doe. FEELS.
Image