Status: Re-writing! It'll be great, I promise you guys. :)

Just Hold On

Eight

“How’d you learn to heal?”

Draco didn’t know what came over him when he decided to heal Danielle on his own since he only remembers the few healing spells his mother used on him as a child due to his reckless nature. “Mum taught me some tricks.” He waved his wand above her wound; mumbling the familiar spell and watched as the dried blood disappears and the gash close up, leaving a scar.

Her eyes beamed happily, lips spreading into a wide smile, “That’s brilliant, Draco.”

“It’s nothing,” he said, walking over to his desk and leaning against it. “Didn’t want you walking all the way up to the Hospital Wing.”

“You figured the dungeons were closer?”

He sneered, “I got you fixed, didn’t I? Faster than Madam Pomfrey could without all the disgusting stuff she’d make you drink.”

“True,” Danielle said, getting to her feet, “I should probably go. I didn’t mean to get your bed sheets all dirty with my robes.” She gave him small smile that nearly melted him to the spot.

He pushed away from the desk, casually making his way over to his dresser. Pulling out the top drawer, he reached in, fumbling around for a bit before turning around, tossing a t-shirt and shorts to her. “I don’t really know why I packed these, but I suppose now they’ve come in good use. My shower is right over there.” He motioned his head behind her.

A blush crept onto her dirt-covered cheeks, “You want me to clean here?”

“Why not? Beats having to walk up all those bloody damn steps to the tower when I have everything here.” Having been a Prefect last year, Draco was grateful that the new guy was far too frightened by him to fight for this room back, already knowing the powerful status the Malfoy family held in the wizarding world.

He watched as Danielle hesitated with her Quidditch robe before finally letting it fall to the ground as she made her way over to the bathroom without another glance his way, but in those few short seconds; he couldn’t help but let his eyes roam over her slim figure and how much that uniform accentuated her curves so precisely.

Fifteen minutes went by and Draco kept his position against his small desk, flipping through his Quidditch Through the Ages book until he heard the shower shut off, and his name being called. He looked up to see Danielle poking her head out from the bathroom, “There’s no towel.”

“Right,” he said, looking around dumbfounded until he remembered where he placed his extra one. Heading to his dresser once more, he pulled the third drawer open, and threw it to Danielle who gave him a quick smile before closing the door behind her. Seconds later, she emerged from the steamy bathroom with it wrapped around her damp body. It took literally all his strength to resist pouncing on her.

She quickly got changed and to his amazement; without exposing any part of her body to him as she did so.

“I should probably head back,” she said softly, attempting to dry her hair with the towel. “Thank you for lending me your clothes.” He gave a short nod, chewing on the inside of his cheek pretty harshly as he desperately tried to retain his hormones since he knew she was bare underneath those articles of clothing, having forgotten a bra and knickers. Placing her hand over the doorknob, she turned around once more, “Maybe I should wait.”

Yes, he thought, pressing his lips roughly together. “Everyone should be heading to lunch soon so you could slip out then.” The two of them stood there awkwardly.

“So are you seeing Becca tonight? I heard her mentioning it this morning.”

Draco completely forgot he agreed to have Rebecca come back tonight after dinner for round two, “I believe so.” He observed her cheeks redden at his answer, shifting her gaze to the wall to avoid eye contact.

“I think I’ll take my chances on slipping out,” Danielle hurriedly pulled the door open, but Draco was quick to act, placing a hand on the door to close it shut before she could step out. Her eyes widened as she looked up at him. “What was that?”

Their bodies were nearly touching and he tried once more to control himself, “I can hear a lot of people in the common room. You wouldn’t make it out without being seen.” He spoke lowly.

“Oh,” she pouted, eyes facing forward before pulling away to create some distance between him. Suddenly, she let her eyes fall on him. “You called me Amia earlier.”

He smirked, “I meant it when I said it wasn’t that embarrassing of a name. Plus, it’s different.” She whispered something, but he couldn’t quite make out what. He took several steps forward, closing in the little distance between them once more, “What was that?”

She looked up at him, “You’re different.”

“Is that bad?”

Draco examined the way her teeth sunk into her bottom lip, lightly nibbling on it as she pondered her next reply, “I don’t know…” she responded after a moment. “There’s something about you that keeps me coming back.”

“What would that something be?”

She stopped chewing on her lip, “I want to know you. I want to understand every single thing about you; what you like to do, what your favorite things are.”

“Why?”

“Because,” she began, cracking a tiny smile up at him, “Believe it or not, we have a connection.” He narrowed his eyes at her, but she held up a hand. “Before you say anything perverse, I mean there’s a friendship blossoming between us. It’s easy for me to talk to you about things that I don’t normally talk to Becca or even Cole about.”

“How can you possibly say anything around her,” Draco muttered, rolling his eyes. “She’s unbearably loud.”

“Well,” Danielle chuckled, “You better find a way to put up with her because I’m not going to let you hurt her.”

Draco smirked, “And what if I do?”

“Then I’ll come after you, Draco,” all playfulness disappearing from her features. “She may get very frustrating at times, but she’s still my best friend and I care about her.” His lips suddenly faltered and in that short moment; he began to realize something – something so big, scary, and enchanting all at once. Mentally cursing himself for being an idiot, he should’ve never gotten involved with Rebecca Sumner.

As frightening as it was to admit it in his head, he knew he was a goner. Draco was falling for Danielle and he was falling hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally got a job and school started.
Whoo.... no.

Thank you to those who have been commenting/subscribing/recommending.
Seriously, you guys are awesome. Every one of you.
Keep em coming, please? x