Status: OneShot

Exhilarate My Life

Time...

”I hate living here” I sighed as I took a bite of my sandwich.
”Me to, nothing interestingever happens here” my friend Sylvia agreed.
”Being eternally 25 is nothing I'm looking forward to” I said and took a sip of the wine we had ordered ”Sometimes I think it would be easier to just let time run out”
”I totally agree” Sylvia said and looked angry, her eyes where on something behind me and I could guess what she was looking at.
”Sylvia” Her fathers smooth voice said from behind me.
He stopped next to her ”Erin, You look lovely today”
”Thank you Mr Weiss” I said politely, even though I did not like him my parents had raised me to be polite to all people.
”Sylvia we have to go.” He said to his daughter.
”Why?” She asked.
”We have a lot to do before the party tonight” He said.
Sylvia obediently got up and took her purse ”Bye Erin”.
”Bye” I said back.
”Will we be seeing you tonight?” Mr Weiss asked.
”Yes sir, I will be attending with my family.” I said.
He smiled and then they left.
I looked around the restaurant, my eyes fell on a man that didn't seam to fit in here in more then one way. He was shoveling in food, his clothes looked like rags and his hair was cut really short. People here took their time eating, they wore designer clothes, women kept their hair long and men kept theirs a bit longer too. One more thing I noticed about this man, he was looking at his clock.
There was always plenty of time here and no one looked at their clocks.
I curiously watched him for a few minutes not quite sure wether or not I should approach him.

”You are not from around here are you?” I asked after deciding that I wanted to talk to him.
He looked up from his plate, ”What makes you say that?” He asked.
”A few things” I said. ”May I sit?”
He nodded and I sat down.
”Like what?” he asked.
”The way you dress, the way you keep your hair and the way you eat. It seams like you're in a hurry, people here take their time” I stated, the man started to look around and then looked at his clock.
”You're very observant” he said.
”I have time to be, not much here to do” I said.
”I'm Will Salas” the man introduced himself.
”My name is Arin Barlow, Nice to meet you” I politely said.
”Where are you from?” I asked.
”I'm from the ghetto” He answered honestly.
”How would a man from the ghetto end up here in New Greenwich?” I asked.
Will shifted a little and said ”I inherited some money”
”Tell me about life in the ghetto” I asked.
He told me how he had lived there, worked and about people dying every day.
”It doesn't sound all that good. Still I'd like to see the ghetto some day.” I said
We talked some more and I told him that he had to get new clothes and change his life style if he wanted to fit in around here. He asked me to come with him and get new clothes since he was new to New Greenwich.

”You look very handsome sir, Your girlfriend will be very pleased.” The tailor Luciano said to Will.
I blushed at the thought, Will was a very nice guy.
Few minutes later he stepped out of the booth looking so handsome in a new suit.
I smiled ”You look good”
”Thank you” Will replied with a slight blush on his face.
”Does Miss Barlow approve?” Luciano asked.
”Yes, I do.” I said and smiled ”You did a splendid job Luciano”
”Thank you Miss Barlow” he said and retreated into another room.
”So how do you feel Mr Salas?” I asked as I walked up to stand behind him.
”Good, I feel like a new man” He said and corrected his tie.
”You look like a new man” I said and smiled.
”Thank you for brining me here” He said and turned around so that he was facing me ”As a thank you may I ask you out to Dinner tonight?”
I was about to say yes when I remembered the party ”I'm sorry to tell you but I have a party to attend tonight”
”Ok, maybe some other time then” Will said and looked disappointed.
”But if you want, you can be my plus one to the party” I said, I knew that I had just met this man and I didn't know him that well but I wanted to spend more time with him and get to know him better.
”Really?” He asked looking very surprised.
”Yes, I always have to attend these parties alone because no man from around here has ever caught my interest” I said.
”And I do?” He asked.
”Honestly?”I asked and Will nodded ”Yes, you have caught my interest and I would love if you could come with me”
Will smiled ”I will be there”
”Good, I have to go find a dress to match your suit then” I said smiling ”Here's the address and phone number's on the back”

I walked to my usual dress shop where the search began. It didn't take me long before I found a dark blue strapless dress with a short bell shaped skirt.
I couldn't wait to get home and tell my parents about Will.

”Mother I am home” I shouted as I entered.
”Arin, did you buy a new dress?” as usual whenever I had bought something she thought I didn't need she didn't say hello or anything.
”Yes mother and let me explain why” I said putting the dress into the closet.
”I'm listening”
”Well you see mother I sort of met this boy today and I asked him to join me at the Weiss's party tonight.” I paused ”I helped him to find a suit and then I realized that I didn't have a dress that matched.”
”Oh darling, tell me more about this young man” Mom said and we sat down to talk.
”His name is Will Salas, he has just inherited a large amount of money. So he's new to New Greenwich.” I paused ”He has these beautiful clear blue eyes that just captivate me, his whole appearance and... and he's just different”
”Sound's like my little girl might have a crush” My father said coming home from work.
I could feel a blush starting to present itself on my cheeks.
”Well I'm not sure but I think maybe” I said.
”I'm happy for you dear” Mom said and hugged me.
”I'll go get ready for tonight” I said and slipped away.

The doorbell rang later that evening, I heard my mother opening the door and greeting Will.
I finished my look and walked to the stairs, I saw Will waiting by the door. His eyes grew when he saw me.
”Hi” I greeted him.
”Hello, You look beautiful” Will said and kissed my hand.
”You ready to go?” I asked.
”I'm ready if you are, I have a limousine waiting outside” He said.
”You shouldn't have, we could have shared with my parents. You know to save time” I said.
”I wanted this night to be one we'll never forget.” Will said and offered his arm which I gladly took.
”Mom, Dad I'll see you at the party” I shouted right before leaving.
The ride there took only fifteen minutes, Mr and Mrs Weiss greeted us at the door.
I could tell by the look on Mr Weiss's face that he had encountered Will before, I wondered why.
”Here you go” Will said as he handed me a glass of Champaign.
”Thank you” I said smiling.
We toasted to new beginnings, new friends and to us.
We mingled for a bout twenty minutes, many people where curious to whom I had brought to the party.
”Do you want to dance?” Will asked looking out on all the people dancing.
”I thought you would never ask” I said happily and then he lead me out on the dance floor.
We waltzed around the room, Will was a great dancer and I had so much fun.
The fun was however cut short by none other then Mr Weiss.
”Would you care for a game of poker?” He asked.
Will looked hesitantly at me.
”You don't have to ask for my permission” I said.
”Thank you” He said and kissed my cheek before leaving with Mr Weiss.
They did not get far before being cut off by Time keepers.
I overheard them saying that they wanted to talk to Will in private, I followed them upstairs to a room and eavesdropped on the conversation.
”Where did you get the money Mr Salas” one of them asked.
Will did not answer, why did he not answer?
”Did you kill Henry Hamilton Mr Salas?” the man asked.
Henry's dead? I thought to myself. I knew him from all these parties we had talked and he was a nice man.
I couldn't believe my ears, had Will killed Henry for his time?
”What are you doing?” I jumped high into the air as Sylvia came next to me.
”Isn't it obvious?” I whispered.
”Yeah, but why?” she asked.
”Ugh, come here!” I whispered and dragged her with me so that we could talk ”Do you know Will Salas?”
Sylvia nodded.
”Well I sort of brought him here and now he's a suspect in clocking Henry Hamilton out” I said.
”You mean Will stole Henry's time?” Sylvia sounded as shocked as I was.
I simply nodded.
”That can't be” She said.
”I don't want believe it but according to the Time keepers Will has Herny's time and Henry is dead” I said.
”Time never lies I guess” Sylvia said reluctant to believe what I had told her.
”Let's go back to the party, all we can do now is wait.” I said.
What happened next was so quick that I didn't quite register it but from what I could gather Will trying to escape he took Sylvia as hostage. Now no one knew where they where or what he was going to do with her.

I interpreted this as a sign of guilt and tried my hardest to forget about Will Salas, I moped around the house.
I gave up on finding love since all it seamed to do was bite me in the rear end.

Few days later Sylvia returned but no word from Will, according to the news he and Sylvia had robbed many banks and given the time away in the ghetto. I didn't care, I had hoped that Will would come to rescue me from the boring life of mine, hah what a ridiculous hope. I was doomed to be here in New Greenwich for the rest of my life.

Days turned into weeks and weeks became months, I hadn't completely forgotten about Will but he had been boxed and pushed into the far back of my brain.
”Miss Barlow, there's a man on the phone for you” our butler said.
”Thank you Leonardo” I said as I passed him to get to a phone.
I picked the phone up and brought it to my ear ”Hello”
”Arin?” a very familiar voice on the other end said.
”Yes, it's me” I said.
”It's Will”
”I know, what do you want?” I asked harshly.
”I'd like to see you and explain” He said.
”Don't bother Will, Sylvia already told me” I said feeling the sadness rise inside me.
”Then you know I didn't clock Henry out, He gave me his time.” he said.
”I know” I said taking a breath to calm myself down ”But it still doesn't change the fact that it's been four months”
”I know and I'm really sorry” Will tried to apologize.
”It's been too long, it's too late to apologize now. Good Bye Will” I said and I was about to hang up.
”You said you wanted to see the ghetto, I'm inviting you to see my home if you still want to” He said.

An hour later I had found a limousine that would drive me there and it wasn't long before I had arrived.
Will was waiting for me where he had promised.
”I'm glad you came” He said.
”I'm not sure why I came” I honestly said to him.
”We'd better get you changed into something else so that you'll fit in” Will said.
I agreed, he brought me to his home there I got changed. He showed me pictures of him when he was little, his dad and mom. It was really nice to see Will again and the anger I felt towards him for not contacting me in four months was melting away.
He showed me around the ghetto, the last stop being the bridge where Henry had clocked himself out.
”He wasn't a happy man anymore” I said looking over the place where henry had died.
”Did you know him well?” Will asked.
”Not really, we had spoken at a few parties. I suspected he was depressed, I never thought he'd kill himself” I said ”He must have thought you where a good man since he gave you all his time”
”Not something I would've asked for” Will said.
I turned to look at him, his face was filled with guilt I could see that even though he was looking down.
”I know” I said walking over to him, I grabbed his arm and looked at the clock.
I gasped he only had 30 seconds left, quickly I grabbed him and gave him some of my time first then did I notice that i only had five minutes left.
”Why did you do that?” He asked angrily.
”I couldn't let you die” I said eyes watering but still I was smiling.
”Now you'll die too” He said.
”Most likely but at least I'm finally with you and I couldn't have asked for a better last day” I said.
”You planned this?” He asked.
I nodded ”I can't live like Henry for hundreds of years. I came here to end it”
We had our last kiss before I sat down in his lap waiting for the end.
I was a peace with what was going to happen next, I did have regrets but living just didn't feel all that appealing right now.
”I love you Arin Barlow” Will said.
”And I love you to Will Salas” I said back and everything went black...