Pittsburgh's Finest

One

It was finally time for my last tour stop and I was performing in my hometown of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania at Consol Energy Center. I smiled at the thought of being back in Pittsburgh again. Touring across the US an Canada wasn't as easy as I had thought it would be. It was amazing being able to performing at Consol since I've been a Pens fan since I was a little girl. As the tour bus pulled up to Consol I wondered if any Penguins players would be there. I had a small glimmer of hope that James Neal would be there since I had a small thing for him. The ginger beard and the tattoo sleeve really sealed the deal. He had that hair that was always perfect and those blue eyes. I then looked down at my own sleeve on my right arm and followed the intricate music notes permanently etched on my skin. I then read some of my favorite song lyrics that were also etched on my skin forever.
"C'mon Rach, we have to get your stuff set up and do a mic test." My manager Jackson said.
"Okay be there in a minute." I replied and he walked off the tour bus. I then took my Penguins necklace and kissed it. I'd never performed without it and I didn't plan to. I then walked off the tour by and was met by screaming fans.

Sid's POV
"Pleeeeease." I begged James. I had gotten tickets to go see Rachael Kelley and I drove over to James's house to beg him to go with me.
"Why would I go to a concert when we have a game tomorrow dumbass?" He asked from his spot on the couch.
"Maybe because the singer's hot." I said with a smirk. I knew that would definitely get his attention.
"Who IS this singer?" He asked with narrow eyes.
"Rachael Kelley." I said. The truth was that she was gorgeous. She was 5' 8'' with long dark hair with light brown highlights. She had bright blue eyes paired with a tattoo sleeve on her right arm. I'm not usually one to go for girls with a tattoos -let alone a sleeve- but something about her drove me wild.
"The hot brunette with blue eyes and the tattoo sleeve?" James asked curiously.
"Yeah." I said.
"Well what are we waiting for?!" He said and jumped off the couch and grabbed his phone and wallet off the counter. I laughed and we got in his Mercedes and drove to Consol. We then walked up to my box and waited for the concert to start.
"We should sneak down and meet her after this is over." I suggested.
"Yeah, I can meet her in person and charm her and ask her to my party." he said with a smirk while I rolled my eyes. Sometimes he could be such an asshole. The lights in Consol started to dim and I patiently waited for the beautiful singer I had fallen in love with by just looking at a picture of her.

Rachael's POV
I heard the crowd get loud and I assumed that the lights had dimmed and it was almost time for me to go on.
"Okay kid, time to go!" Jackson said and I walked out on stage.
"Hello Pittsburgh!" I yelled into the microphone and the crowd started to scream. "It feels so good to finally be home again!" I exclaimed. The crowd didn't know why I was so glad to be home. In fact only close friends and family knew the whole story.

Sid's POV
She was so down to earth. I didn't know her personally but I just had this gut feeling that she was.

About two hours later she was just about to wrap up the concert when she brought out an acoustic guitar. She put the strap I the guitar over her shoulder and walked back to the microphone.
"I co wrote this song with Luke Bryan and it means a lot to the both of us. We both used past experiences to write this song in memory of important people who were in our lives." She said and started strumming.
"When I got the news today
I didn't know what to say
So I just hung up the phone
I took walk to clear my head
This is where the walkin' lead
Can't believe you're really gone
Don't feel like going home
So in gonna sit right here
On the edge of this pier
And watch the sunset disappear
And drink a beer
Funny how the good ones go
Too soon but the good lord knows
The reasons why I guess
It's kinda hard to understand
Right now it don't make sense
I can't make it all make sense
So I'm gonna sit right
On the edge of this pier
And watch the sunset disappear
And drink a beer
So long my friend
Until we meet again
I'll remember you
And all the times
We used to
Sit right here
On the edge of this pier
An watch the sunset disappear
And drink a beer
And drink a beer
And drink a beer"
I sat there while I watched her tear up on the big screen. I wondered what family member passed away. I felt for her and I just wanted to go down and wrap her in my arms.
"C'mon let's go sneak down an meet her." James said while getting up. We then walked down to the locker room where we assumed she would be.
"Dude, that security guard is fucking scary." I whispered to James while we hid behind a wall. James then waved me off with his hand. We then watched the security guard walk away from the door.
"C'mon!" James whispered and we darted into the locker room. My eyes then looked around the room and finally spotted her talking to a short man with gray hair that looked to be in his fifties. Her eyes then landed on James and I and a wide grin spread it's way across her face.
"What are you two doing here? Do you have passes?" She old man asked harshly.
"Calm down Jack. They play for the Pens, it's their locker room anyway." She said reasoning with the man named Jack.
"Fine, if it's okay with you." He said and walked away. She then walked over to James and I with a smile.
"Sorry about my manager." She apologized.
"It's no problem I'm James." He said with a smirk. "I love the sleeve by the way." He said and she blushed
"Thanks." She said with a red face. How could she not tell that James only wanted to get in her pants?
"I'm Sid." I smiled while looking in her bright blue eyes.
"Or known as Captain Canada." She smirked.
"I'm gonna have to go to Philly and kick Max's ass for that one." I chuckled and she laughed. God, that laugh was music to my ears and I felt myself fall for her more and more each minute.