Status: This story is already finished and I'm currently writing the sequel which I will post on here soon. (:

A Warped Summer

Chapter 13: Queen For A Day

Chapter 13: Queen For a Day

Our band was truly great. It's been a whole week now, and all we've been doing is rehearsing. Today was our first day in New York, and my mom was suppose to be here! She'd get to see us perform, and I figured out the names of my band members.

We even had a cool look for our band. The name still hung in the air along with our music, but in the end, we decided we would do mash-ups with pop songs and other band's music.

Rebel is our coolest and most bubbly girl! Her hair was an electric blue, and she played as our piano player and back-up singer. She even has this cute little crush on our drummer Daxon! And she's nineteen. She's also a drop out from high school. She had a dad wth cancer too, and had to take care of him for a year. Her favorite color is red, and she's from Britain.

Daxon, as everyone knows, is our drummer. I notice he keeps looking at Rebel, so there's bound to be a relationship soon . . . And his brother is actually Jaxon (our bassist of the band). His favorite color is green and he told me his career earlier in life was working at a bakery for money to take care of himself. He's twenty-two and has been playing the drums since he was thirteen. He's been smoking ever since he was fourteen and never really cared.

Jaxon is his younger brother whose also the youngest of the band at the age of fifteen. He has a collection of hats and loves to shred his skateboard. He's been playing bass since he was twelve, and he's dating Tracey, whose our rhythmist on the guitar. They've been dating since they were both eleven, and I think they make a great couple. Jaxon and Daxon's dad was a machanic and got into an accident, causing him to not work anymore. And Daxon's been taking care of them since.

Tracey is the rhytmist of the band, and is surprisingly very bottled up. Both of her parents died when she was five, and she's been living with her older sister. Tracey took up five jobs and quit high school to work since her sister was low on the bills. Tracey is fifteen too, and she's been playing rhythm guitar since she was five. Her dad actually taught her how to play before he passed in the car accident. She's a very good friend, and listens to everyone's conversation.

Then, last but not least, Rollen. And yes, yes she is a girl. She plays violin and lead guitar and is looking for that special someone. She's bi and goes towards both genders equally. Her mom taught her violin, while her dad taught her guitar. Her family is very supportive of her and help her through everything, to liking both genders, to being in bands and traveling the world. And she's the oldest of the band for being twenty-one.

Then, there's me. The small town girl who barely knows anything except a few acoustic songs her mom used to listen to. Who has a crappy iPod that doesn't tell her who made the songs her mom listened to. And, she now has a bunch of choices in life from being in this band. And at the moment, her and the rest of her members are trying to decide on a band name.

"Well, are we always going to mix up songs and play them?" Rebel asked.

"I don't know. Are we Iris?" Daxon asked me. He was lighting another cigarette, even though there was no smoking on the bus.

"Um, I guess we'll try and write some EP songs, but I think we have a talent for mixing and mashing up songs," I announced.

"My parents are always saying things about having a bunch of different things like having mitch-match socks and everything. Maybe we can build on some idea lik that!" One other thing you need to know. Rollen is a goth girl. Not "emo". Everyone sees her like that, but no. She's goth.

"Well, how about The Mitch Match Melodies?" We all bolted our heads to Tracey. She doesn't talk much. She's a listener. This is the first time she's talked today.

"That's actually a pretty good idea," I spoke out. Everyone nodded eagerly.

"The Mitch Match Melodies," Jaxon whispered. He chuckled. "That's really clever."

We all laughed. This was a really cool day for me. Me and my band were actually about to perform . . . Yep! It's been a week! And, I'm being a surprise guest in King For a Day! I'm singing with Kellin in his part. Am I happy about peforming with Kellin? No. But I can deal with it!

Apparently, word about Bryan's interview with me spread widely. There is now a rival between me and Kellin. Rumors had spread all over Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram that we are either in love, old friends, or even a secret dating couple from back then. It kind of made us laugh at all of the rumors. There was even a rumor about us probably being real enemies because he chose me over Katelynn. Me and Kellin laughed the hardest at that. Yeah, i guess you could say we were on better terms. But, I think we ammuse the rest of the other bands. They even posted a video of us wrestling at the last iHop. I'll admit, we got a lot of views on YouTube from that video. I think it was around 500,000 the last I checked. It was a pretty funny video! We were fighting over who would get main stage this year. Our managers had already said that one of our bands would get the main stage. Kellin ended up tackling me to the ground because I said my stage would rock them out from his shades to his stupid TOMS. I love TOMS, but I needed something! Apparently his TOMS are a sensitive spot, because he. Was. Mad. It was really funny though about how I ended up head butting him when he had my arms to the ground. I got the better of him when he pushed my buttona nd told me his band members are married and not sorrowful lovers. I told him that him and Kate's relationship went under, so who was the lost lover then? It all ended that I won main stage because he got worn out and he kind of had enough when we rolled over to the asphault when we were wrestling. I called him a pansycake for that.

This is how our stage was going to go own:

My band would open up for Pierce the Veil,
Then it would be Sleeping With Sirens,
Of Mice & Men,
and ETC.
Then my band would close the last band.

"Should we go get into our makeup?" Rollen suggested. We had a killer look too. We all nodded and headed off for the waterproof war paint. Today, we're going to rock the first day od Warped Tour.

About an hour later, we were all standing by the stage in the scorching heat. Rebel, Rollen, Daxon, Jaxon, and Tracey were all ready to kick butt on stage.

Our band name hadn't been announced to the audience, but we were sure ready to see what they thought.

"Triple M! Your up next!" Our manager shouted out to us. Triple M was our nickname. We were going to dress differently in every show, but still have the skeleton makeup on. I was nervous. Actually, that was an understatement. I was afraid.

"Good luck," I heard a familiar voice say. Vic's tan hand patted me on the back. Rollen went onto the stage first and the crowd went wild. I took a few deep breaths, with each one another member went on stage. After Rollen came Tracey, then Rebel, Jaxon, and Daxon. I took one last breath before running out on stage. Jaxon and Daxon threw beack balls into the crowd as we had planned, and I began to talk.

"How are you doing New York?!" I shouted into the mic. A wave of all different kinds of answers rang through to my ears, and I smiled. "We are, The Mitch Match Melodies!" Everyone screamed louder into the air, and we announced more news. "We're not your average Warped Tour group." I walked around the stage in my outfit that moved with my movements. "We mix and mash songs! Pop, rock, metal, and hardcore songs! We know not a lot of you are hardcore pop lovers, and that's why we mash it up! So, prepare for our version of pop songs out there that actually mean something. Here comes Firework by Katy Perry ... Our way!"

Turns out, a lot of people liked the idea of our new way to songs. We sang quite a few pop songs, a few from BVB, SWS, PTV, even a few from BOTDF.

"Thank you New York! We love all of you!" I yelled out to them, as I ran off stage. Once I reached the side of the stage, I pushed the microphone into the stage crew manager and fell straight to the floor. "Oh thank goodness!" I pressed my lips to the cold floor that felt really nice under me. "It hought I'd never have to through any of that!" Sweat dripped off of my nose to the concrete floor and I couldn't help but try my best to hug the floor.

"I've heard of tree hugger, but I'd never think it possible for a floor hugger," I heard the all-to-familiar snarl of Kellin. I looked up from my makeout session with the floor and looked right in front of me to see navy blue TOMS. Then I looked up further to see Kellin smiling down at me with his arms crossed over his chest. I pushed myself up off the floor and imitated him.

"I bet you've done it too, Bostwick," I snarled back. He just laughed and undid his arms.

"Nope!" He said, poping the emphasis on the "p". "But it was a good shot to go for that part, you little flower."

I punched his shoulder, and not as playfully as it were suppose to be.

"Ow!" He shouted out, gripping his shoulder. I giggled and started walking over to Vic who was about to go on. I felt a hand tighten over my shoulder and I whipped around to see Kellin. "What was that for?!"

"Just for the fun of it!" I shouted out cheerily.

"Come on you love birds! We're about to go on!" Vic shouted out.

"We aren't love birds!" Me and Kellin shouted out at the same time. We glanced at each other with widened eyes before backing away from each other with a great distance.

I saw Pierce the Veil run on stage. That would be Kellin's cue. I looked over to him to see he was looking around awkwardly. I grabbed his arm and practically threw him towards the stage. He glared at me before walking fully on the stage.

"-and with a special guest after Kellin, I give you all Iris!" I ran on stage, still drenched in sweat, but ready to scream. Literally, I figured out how to scream over the week.

"And they're both here to help sing King For a Day with me!" The crowd went into chaos when the song's name was announced. Then the music started playing and Vic started us off:

[Vic Fuentes & Kellin Quinn & Iris]
Dare me to jump off of this Jersey bridge
I bet you never had a Friday night like this
Keep it up, keep it up, let's raise our hands
I take a look up at the sky and I see red
Red for the cancer, red for the wealthy
Red for the drink that's mixed with suicide
Everything red

[Kellin & Iris]
Please, won't you push me for the last time
Let's scream until there's nothing left
So sick of playing, I don't want this anymore
The thought of you's no fucking fun
You want a martyr, I'll be one
Because enough's enough, we're done

[Vic Fuentes]
You told me think about it, well I did
Now I don't wanna feel a thing anymore
I'm tired of begging for the things that I want
I'm over sleeping like a dog on the floor

[Vic Fuentes]
The thing I think I love
Will surely bring me pain
Intoxication, paranoia, and a lot of fame
Three cheers for throwing up
Pubescent drama queen
You make me sick, I make it worse by drinking late

[Kellin & Iris]
Let's scream, there's nothing left
So sick of playing, I don't want to anymore
The thought of you's no fucking fun
You want a martyr I'll be one
Because enough's enough, we're done

[Vic Fuentes]
You told me think about it, well I did
Now I don't wanna feel a thing anymore
I'm tired of begging for the things that I want
I'm over sleeping like a dog on the floor

[Kellin & Iris]
Imagine living like a king someday
A single night without a ghost in the walls
And if the bass shakes the earth underground
We'll start a new revolution now
(Now! Alright here we go)

[Vic Fuentes]
Hail Mary, forgive me
Blood for blood, hearts beating
Come at me, now this is war!

Fuck with this new beat
Oh!

[Kellin & Vic & Iris]
Now terror begins inside a bloodless vein
I was just a product of the street youth rage
Born in this world without a voice or say
Caught in the spokes of an abandoned brain
I knew you well but this ain't a game
Blow the smoke in diamond shape
Dying is a gift so close your eyes and rest in peace

[Vic Fuentes]
You told me think about it, well I did
Now I don't wanna feel a thing anymore
I'm tired of begging for the things that I want
I'm over sleeping like a dog on the floor

[Kellin & Iris]
Imagine living like a king someday
A single night without a ghost in the walls
We are the shadows screaming take us now

[Vic Fuentes]
We'd rather die than live to rest on the ground
Shit

Wow. That actually went better than I thought, except for the fact me and Kellin were prqactically glaring at each other through the whole thing and screaming the lyrics at each other but alls well that ends well! And it sure did when I tripped Kellin who was beside me at the front of the stage.