Status: This story is already finished and I'm currently writing the sequel which I will post on here soon. (:

A Warped Summer

Chapter 5: Glow in the Dark in Hot Topic

Chapter 5: Glow in the Dark in Hot Topic

After getting to know everyone and their interests, we figured out that Sammi, Ella, and Lauren would be joining us on tour! It was actually quite fun, too! Me and Sammi got along because she was so interested in photography. I told her I used to take a photography course in middle school. It was actually pretty cool that more girls would be coming on the tour.

I mean, with just me and Ranen on the same bus with twelve other men, would be kind of awkward and disturbing. I realized that Blood on the Dance Floor is a lot more fun and upbeat to their music. It turns out that the rest of BOTDF would be riding with the Asking Alexandria members and their bus. I met them somewhere during the talking when they came by, and let's just say, the bus was crowded. We all got along just fine when the rest of BOTDF saw my hair.

I learned a lot about Dahvie and Jayy. Turns out Jayy is gay . . . I told him that I supported gay rights and he was really happy about it. He said something like, "Not enough people accept gay rights because it's different." I completely became best friends with him about that.

I learned that Dahvie used to be a hair dresser and that's why he does his own hair and my hair. He convinced me to let him be my personal hair dresser for the rest of the tour. I happily agreed, and it turns out they had to leave to go to their concert that was happening in a small venue beofre Warped starts. Dahvie wants me to come.

"Please?" Dahvie kept begging.

"Why?!" I asked, getting a little aggravated.

"I want you hear our actual music!"

"I will be screamed off by fans by my appearance!" I retorted back,

"I can fix that and that's my work on your hair by the way." I shrugged. And just like that, I was being dragged outside. The temperature must have dropped a lot of degrees, because it was practically freezing out here!

I was dragged all the way to a merch tent.

"Go pick out anyhting you want, and I'll pay," Dahvie demanded. I crossed my arms and faced him.

"And what if I want to pay?"

"That's a lot of money, White." I gave up and stomped to the tent and grabbed the first things I saw. i grabed a BOTDF shirt, hoodie, and a necklace. I then bought grey lounge pants and a pair of high-top converse with cute little designs all over.

I handed them to the cashier and it rang up to be $75. Dahvie gave the man a hundred dollar bill and we were off back to the bus.

"Go into the bathroom and change!" Dahvie shouted and shoved me into the bus. I stumbled through the door and everyone's head snapped towards me. I stepped over everybody and grabbed Ranen. Idragged her to the bathroom and opened the door. Once inside, I locked the door and looked at myself.

"Why am I in here?" Ranen asked.

"I need help with the makeup. . ." Even though I hate makeup, I'm willing to try it just this once.

"I think you might want me to do your hair instead. You need a professional at this makeup thing! Hold on one sec! Quickly get dressed while I'm gone!" She unlocked the door and ran out to grab who knows. I locked the door behind me and stripped down. I slipped over the shirt and then the hoodie, pulling on the pants shortly after. I swapped the necklace over my neck and grazed the locket that was there. I forgot I slept in it last night. There was a knock on the door. I unlocked it and Ranen pushed someone inside and then she followed quickly behind.

"Put on your shoes really quick!" She pushed the shoes at me and I didn't hesitate to murder my feet with them. Once they were on, Ranen spilled makeup over the counter and made me sit on the counter. I got wide-eyed at all the bottles of makeup and just looked at who she brought in.

It just had to be Andy.

"What's all this," I breathed out, motioning to all the makeup.

"Glow in the dark war paint, eyeliner, mascara, bluch, concealer, foundation, the works," Ranen answered. Andy stood in the corner, looking quite uncomfortable might I add.

"Andy! Stop being girly and do her makeup!" Ranen shoved Andy into me. He glared at Ranen. He grabbed the foundation and applied it to my face.

"If you ever want to do this by yourself," Andy started to say. "Then if you do it in the day you should probably make sure you put on suncreen. Even at Warped which I hope you brought some because it's going to be very hot."

I just simply nodded my head.

Did anyone ever tell me this would be awkward having Andy - one of my enemies - do my makeup? No? Well, it get's even more weird when you figure out that it's awkward to look anywhere!

I can't look at him properly because that's just wqeird . . . And I can't look away because that just shows how nervous I am about someone touching me! I can't even look in different places of the room because that either moves my head, or shows that I'm as nervous as fuck. I'm mad. My thoughts are even cussing.

In the end, I just settled on studying Andy's face.

He switched over for the concealer on the counter and applied a small amount here and there.

My eyes ondered Andy's face for the first time. It seemed as though my eyes were more focused on his clothes than his features. His face was firm and steady, but tight and shrunk. You could tell he wasn't always this skinny. He had high risen cheek bones and his eyebrows were arched into a crook that pointed like a roof of a house.

He switched over to the eyeliner.

I also noticed that his eyes were always changing tones of blue by his emotion. His were very dark at the moment. When I saw him sitting on the couch earlier, his eyes seemed to glow very brightly.

His arms moved for the neon glow in the dark blue mascara. The whole time, Andy seemed very focused on applying the makeup. He grabbed the bright orange war paint. It was also glow in the dark, too. He made a few streaks across mycheeks and then went for a light white mascara to outline the bright blue and purple he added.

He went for the bright white lipstick Ranen had brought in and applied it softly to my lips.

I blinked my eyes for a few minutes and remembered that Dahvie was probablt waiting for an hour now. Andy finally finished and I turned to face the mirror.

What I saw was unexplanitory.

Andy made my face look a pale white. I also saw my dark eyes glow the bright blue they had. The eyeliner made my eyes pop out and it made the attraction to my war paint more visible. The eyelinr did a flick at the corners which drew the attention to the few streaks of light 9range on my cheeks. My cheeks showed the smallest amount of color from the blush, and my eyes were just . . . glowing.The blue, purple, and espicially the white made my eyes just sparkle and become bright. My lips were tainted with the same affect because I found a little pink smudged here and there on my lips.

What made it even more cool, was that Ranen started to curl my hair and Andy just sat on the counter beside me, looking back at me in the mirror.

I just couldn't ever me being so . . . Pretty. I don't really pay attention to my looks. I would label myself more regular and bland or average than pretty.

Sion enough my hair was curled into long, deep curls and it went to just below my breasts. I really had to hand it to Ranen and Andy. They made not just my face or hair stand out, but also my outfit. Everything seemed to glow with me.

There was a small hug to Ranen and Andy before I walked out of the bathroom and walked past the few many people sat on the floor. I saw Sammi pull out a camera and take a picture of me.

"Hey! I don't want to be seen!" I shouted out, covering my face too late for Sammi had already gotten the shot.

"What?! No way am I letting you go unseen! This is going all over the internet tonight!" I pouted and stomped away, but not before running back over to Sammi.

"Do you have a washable marker on you by any chance for marking dates on photos?" She nodded and handed it to me. I quickly wrote "BOTDF RULES" on both of my hands before walking out of the bus and thanking her. Once outside, I was tackled by Dahvie, who, might I add was dragging me away in less then a heart beat. He only took one glance behind him to look at me, and when he did, he had to do a double take.

He stopped dead in his tracks and looked me up and down.

"Wow. You'd think this would all be done in an our instead of ten minutes," he exclaimed.

"Ten minutes?! It felt like a hour in there!" I practically shouted.

"Well, either way, you look awesome and I can't wait for you to be at our concert. Come on!" We ran through loads of fans and got in the back of a golf cart. He drove us off the sidewalk and across the street, just to get to a blocked door of fans and security. Dahvie just walked past the fans with his arm slung over my shoulder. We went through the security and took a sharp right to a door.

When we were in, i was running with Dahve from a mountain load of fans. Potentially, I was grabbed, shoved, and almost pulled down by some of them. Blood on the Dance Floor have some crazy fans!

We finally made it backstage, and I was pulled to the very side for their announcments. I sat on a plush couch and watched them go through Bewitched, Sexting, Unforgiven, Rise and Shine, and other songs. They finally took a shrt break to say some things and i listened.

"Okay, okay. This is great!" Dahvie screamed through the microphone. "I want you all to meet a very special guest who came to this concert! It's her first BOTDF concert and she dressed amazingly! I want Iris to come out on stage with me so we can turn out the lights!" I sat frozen in my seat. I didn't want to go out there like this! I'm shy!

I felt someone pull me up and sling me over their shoulder. I looked over my back to see Dahvie walking on the stage. My butt clear to the audience. i hate this guy so much sometimes.

He set me down and held my shoulders so I wouldn't run away. Yep! This is my life!

The crowd cheered at my appearance, and I could feel a blush crawl up my neck. I wonder where all the saliva in my mouth went. I can't swallow my worries! I started hyperventilating, seeing everyone's eyes were on me. i was thankful the lights went off. I was breathing more heavily though, when I was the only light source in the venue. I think everyone was staring at me because I think I could feel the war paint glow. Where did Ranen even get this stuff. Al too soon, I saw the lights flicker on, and that was my chance to bolt right off the stage. I took that chance, and I don't even think Dahvie or Jayy saw me run off!

i didn't know whenI stopped running, but I did know that I found myself in front of our bus. I was about to open the door when I heard my name being shouted.

I turned around to see Vic . . . and the rest of his band members. Running away from fans! I knocked on the door, and Andy stepped out along with the rest of Black Veil Brides.

"What do you do in a situation like this?!" I screamed, pointing to the fans.

Andy grabbed my arm.

"We wait until Vic and the rest of Pierce the Veil catch up, and then we run like hell!" Seconds later, Vic and Andy were pulling me to the mall a block away from the venue. We ran in and went up the elevator. The doors shut, right before a few fans were about to come in. We looked out the clear glass of the elevator, and saw the fans running up the stairs. Shit. We got out of the elvator and ran for Hot Topic.This will be the first time I've walked it Hot Topic! What am i thinking at a time like this.

The doors were locked, and we kept banging on them until a tan girl came int view. She was very pretty and around my height. She had long dark hair and she was the one who opened the door for us. She ushered s in, but a fan grabbed him by the shirt. They started to rip off his clothes.

The dark haired girl sprang into action and started kicking the girls in the legs, until she came in with a paralyzed Vic. She locked the doors and was panting a little bit.

She finally looked up, and she just stared at BVB and PTV. She finally just bowed her head and started fiddling with her hands. Aw! She's shy!

I walked up to her and just stood beside her. She wa about 5'4'.

"Hey. Don't worry. We don't bite," I whispered to her. She lookeed up and smiled. I loved her golden eyes!

Her eyes widened when she saw me. i swear the gold in her eyes multiplied ten times.

"You're Iris from those videos on Youtube!" I scrunched my eyes in confusion. Then I leaned down to her height.

"How many people have seen that video?"

"Around a hundred milion poeple. You are a sensation over the internet." I stared down at her than ran around the store, just jumping around and hopping, screeching at the top of my lungs, "I can not believe this is happening! I can not believe this is happening! Is this really happening?!"

After about five minutes, I went back to the group and everybody just stared at me. Even the fans outside were looking at me funny.

"Hey Vic?"

"Hm?" He asked, straightening his clothes from almost being molested.

"Why were you running from fans?"

He stoped straightening his clothes and ran over to me.

"They fucking came over to our merch tent and tore it down! They even climbed over the shelves so we just started running!"

I looked at his worried face, then to the fans, then back to him, then to the girl who saved us.

"Hey. Thanks for saving us. What's your name?"

"My name? Kamryn. . ."

"It's nice to meet you Kamryn. AS you can see, I'm Iris, that's Andy, CC, Jinxx, Jake, Ashley, Vic, Mike, Jaime, and Tony." She waved shyly then smiled.

"I love you guys. It's a pleasure to meet you! Espicially you guys!"

"How come espicially us?" Ashley asked. I looked back to Kamryn to see her blush a little. Maybe she has a crush on Ashley. Ranen told me he was a player though. . .

"Black Veil Brides are my favorite band and I've always just wanted to meet Pierce the Veil."

"That's awesome. So what are you doing in a store if it's closed?" I asked. She looked up.

"Today's my day off, but i had to come in to do some restock." We nodded our heads.

The fans outside banged on the doors.

I sighed.

"Looks like we're going to be here for a while," I announced. I looked around and smiled at all of the shelves of CD's and posters and shirts and jeans. I turned to Kamryn.

"So tell us a little bt about yourself."

"Oh, there's not that much to say. I guess I can say I can play guitar, bass, and piano. I love music, and I'm funny when I want to be. I'm also a Potterhead." I laughed at the last one

"You seem like a cool girl," Vic started. "Do you want to go on tour with us? Maybe as a fill in for some nads or you could workd at the merch tent?" SHe jumped up and down and hugged him.

"I'd love to!" She let go and then saw the fans.

"How are we going to get past them though?" Ashley asked. Kamryn held up a finger before slipping outside of the door.

"Yo! Get out of this mall before I cal security!" We all heard her scream, causing all of us to jump up. We lookde outside and the fans were trying to get past her to the door. She started pushing everybody out of the mall and we slowly waled out. She wiped her hand and we all stared at her, impressed.

"I'm not the manager of Hot Topic for nothing," she explained. We laughed and started walking out of the mall.

I puled her to my side and said to her, "Me and some of the guys' other girlfriends and another girl are going out on a girl's day tomorrow. Wanna come?" She nodded her head eagerly, and I could already tell we were gong to be god friends. I hadn't realized the mall wa dark. I looked back at Hot Topic, and sure enough, the lights were turned off.

"So why are you glowing in the dark?" Kamryn asked.

"Makeup." She nodded in understandment, and I smiled down at her. "So do you like Ashley?" I asked slyly. She slowly nodded and i saw her tan skin turn a deep shade of red.

I laughed and we walked into the afternoon sun. Andy's ohone buzzed in his pocket.

"Hello?" We all heard him say. He started mumbing, "yes's" or, "no's" into the phone. He started pacing, and he'd glance over at me for a minunte then turn back to his phone.

"Yeah . . . Okay . . . Yeah, bye." He presse the END button and turned to me.

He smirked at me.

"You ran off at your own concert?" I glared at him and just stomped my way back to the parking lot where the buses would be when Andy grabbed my arm.

"Dahvie just called and wanted to tell you, some of your band members dropped out of their contract."

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"They said the bass player, and the rythm guitarist bailed out. They found different labels. Your manager and Dahvie have been looking for you!"

"I know they've been looking for me! Well, I know Dahvie has, I didn't know my manager was - wait! What am I going to do about my players?" A light bulb just blown off into my mind.

"Kamryn?"

"Yeah?"

"How would you like to be my bass player?" She ran up to me and tackled me.

"I'd love to!" We hugged and started racing to the bus. We even got Andy to join us. Turns out, he has freaking Slender Man's legs! He won the race. i came in second. Kamryn lost. i felt sorry for her, so I told her we'd go to Starbucks sometime tomorrow. Right now though. I have to get this makeup off of my face!

I swung the door open to the bus, to come face-to-face with Sammi.

"Oh hi!" She said enthusiastically.

"Hi!" I said in the same exact tone. She walked down and gave me a hug.

"I can't stop staring at your makeup and hair." i laughed and we walked onto the bus.

"Hey. I've gotta go wash this off. I'll be right back."

"Okay. Oh and hey!" I turned around. "Who's this?" She pointed to Kamryn.

"That's Kamryn. She'll be my playing bass in the band." She nodded and I knocked on the door to the closed door. I heard someone shuffel, and Ranen opened the door. Once she saw me, she oulled me in.

"Where have you been?! Dahcie's been worried sick about you!"

"Sorry. I got nervous, another thing led to the other and now I have a new girl to play bass. She's outside right now. Can you help me get this off?"

She shook her head.

"I want to go meet your new mate for your band! I'll get Andy to help you!" Before i could protest, she hopped out of the bathroom and I slumped against the counter. Andy came in a minute with an aggitated look on his face.

"Why can't you be one of those girls who can't survive without makeup so I don't have to do it for you?"

"Well, Makeup Clown, unlike those girls, makeup feels gross on my skin. So please help me takeit off," I pleaded. He sighed and set me on the counter. He rummaged through a drawr and got a small wash rag and rinsed it down. He got out some other stuff but I wasn't paying attention. I just stared at the wall as Andy lifted my chin to wipe the makeup off my skin.

I thought about what my band members would be like. I wonder what we would play over Warped Tour. i wonder if an elephant will come towards our stage and destroy the show! Now I'm just being childish.

I heard Andy laugh.

"What's so funny?"

He regained his posture and began taking off the makeup again.

"Did you know you talk when you think?" My eyes widened, then scrunched down in annoyance.

"I said something about an elephant, didn't I?"

"Yep. Stop being paranoid. Your band members will be just sane and civilized as you are." He thought for a moment before returning with a small smirk. "Let me rephrase that."

I groaned.

"Your band members will be just sane and civilized as you can be." I glared at him.

"Well then they are no where close to your mind." He smacked my arm with the towel he held. I pushed him and he went to the wall. I quickly glanced in the mirror and my face was makeup-less. I ran out of the bathroom and ran into Dahvie. We fell to the floor and i smiled weakly.

Andy picked me off of him. But he didn't let me go.

My back was faced to his chest, and my feet were dangling in the air, at least a few inches off the ground, unlike my arms that are completely useless. That was when Kellin walked into the room. I groaned and flicked my foot backwards. Andy groaned and fell to the floor. My feet landed and i tried to run past Kellin, but he grabbed me and put me above his head, as everyone started piling into the bus.

"Why does this feel so familiar to last night," I wondered aloud.
♠ ♠ ♠
Iris' outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/iriss_first_botdf_concert/set?id=88824694