‹ Prequel: A Warped Summer
Status: Currently working on, and gave up on long chapters (:

The Last Time I Saw Your Eyes

Chapter 7: Glory and Gore Go Hand In Hand

Chapter 7: Glory and Gore Go Hand In Hand

"Iris?" I didn't answer. "Iris." Again, no answer. "IRISLANE." I spun around and looked him in the eyes. Currently, we were on my tour bus while everyone was readying for the next show. Warped Tour was officially starting and I wish it wasn't starting like this. I gave Cassandra a black eye before we were pulled apart by security guards. God, that made everyone mad.

"Sorry Oliver," I said, rubbing my eyes and sighing. Oliver let out a breath of relief and wrapped his arms around me, making me hug him back.

"So who's Cassandra to you?" he finally asked. I pulled away and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Cassie? She was an old friend, a few years older than me. Then she told everyone lies about me. She was a complete-" I stopped myself short. During Oli and I's engagement, I had promised to try to stop cussing. "-berry," I finished. Oli chuckled and moved my colorful hair out of my face.

"You know, today you cussed a lot. Won't lie, but it was funny." I laughed at that, making Oli join in.

"So who is she to you?" I asked after I had managed to stop laughing. Oli caught his breath aftera few seconds and composed himself before responding, "I haven't been really honest, have I?" I shook my head and he just sighed. "Iris, I have a lot to tell you, and I guess you've been hearing about it a lot around Warped so I guess I should just tell you all I have t say before it gets worse, sound okay?"

I nodded and he continued, "Cassandra was at the bar I went to a few weeks ago and she was the one who . . . I kind of kissed." I took a seat and he sat across from me, "but Iris, that's not what everyone's spreading rumors about . . ." I looked up at him for this. He looked quite nervous, if I say so myself. He twiddled his thumbs, biting his lip and shuffling his feet.

"Iris . . . a girl I once knew contacted me a few months ago after I proposed to you, and she told me she had a child . . ." Oh dear god please don't say it. "She said it was mine." God- NO. No no no no no. "I didn't believe her, but we went in to do a blood test on me and the baby . . . Iris, the kid's mine. I've been meeting up with her, trying to figure out how all of this was going to work behind your back. I'm so sorry, Iris."

I bolted up from my seat, causing Oli to stand up as well.

"I'm just-" I looked around, feeling sobs rack my chest heavily before I went on, "-I need some air." Leaving Oli behind on the bus, I walked off and starting j-walking past everyone. I got a few weird looks, but I needed to talk to my best friend. God I hope my band members don't hear this. I hope they're not on the BVB bus. They already have enough crap on their hands with tours and everything.

I knocked on the Black Veil Brides' bus, waiting until Jinxx opened the door, Jake behind him.

"Hey Flower, what's wrong?" Jinxx asked. of course, BVB were my family practically, but I just needed Andy and a bunchy of Batman movies. Wow. Us girls and movies and ice cream. We sure have a lot of healing methods! (Sarcasm.)

"Can I talk to Andy?" I asked, completely ignoring his question. He nodded and opened the door wider for me to come in. Andy was sitting on the couch, watching Batman (the old version). I swear he reads my mind.

"Who reads your mind?" My head shot up to Andy who had asked the question and I silently cursed myself for speaking my mind out loud again. I need to fix that.

"You do. I was just looking for a Batman marathon tonight." Andy opened up his arms, waiting for me to give in to a hug. Jake went off to get Ben and Jerry's ice cream in the fridge and Ashley was who knows where and Jinxx was in the bunks now, probably taking a nap before the show in a few hours.

"You alright Flower?" I shook my head honestly and Jake walked back in, with a spoon and Peanut Butter Fudge (my favorite). As you can tell, this happens every so often when Batman marathons happen.

I took the deliciousness from Jake who sat down beside me and we all watched Batman episodes until the few hours were over. I went back to my bus, in which Oli was not there anymore, but Daxon was.

"Hey Flower!" What? Is it call-me-Flower day? "Were you crying? Your eyes are red." I shook my head as if to say "not now" and he understood. I went to the back room and changed into the outfit I had propped together earlier and hummed the songs I was going to sing for the show while I was putting on my waterproof skeleton makeup.

The song list (of course) were songs the band would play as we practiced a hundred times, but it was still nerve-racking to go on stage. It was a rush all together though.

The set list was:

Hallelujah, Jeff Buckley style
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Marilyn Manson
I Don't Care by Apocalyptica, featured Adam Gontier
She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer
You've Got Something by The Jungle Giants
If I Had You by Adam Lambert
and the finale with
Glory and Gore by LORDE

I had every song memorized, but I was really looking forward to the finale. Glory and Gore was a new song we hadn't added to our first track; it was a song we would add to the next one after Warped. It would also be the song for our first music video. I couldn't wait for it! Patrick Fogarty (the one who directed almost every BVB music video) was shooting it and I couldn't wait for it to happen. I heard he was great with cameras.

I sighed. No need to think about the future. Worry about the songs. I took a few deep breaths and then grabbed my phone and walked out the door. I could see the fans from here, to be honest. Everywhere outside the gate, on the other side of the buses. A few noticed me, but kept quiet (which I was grateful for). I started walking away towards the stage, where the band was already setting up. I don't think anyone noticed me until Rollen bumped into me.

"Oh, sorry Iris. Where were you?" she asked, lowering her voice, if that was possible.

"I was getting ready. Sorry." I blushed a little, handing my phone over to our manager who stowed it away in his pocket. "Thanks," I murmured, before heading over to the side of the stage and watching Falling In Reverse finish up their set. I remember Ronnie. We hadn't talked much, not at all since the last encounter. But, overall, he was a pretty good guy. He got half his head shaved off but I guess that's cool. I mean, I like his tattoo. It shows a lot about character.

I practically jumped when someone bumped into my shoulder. I spun around to come face to face with Kellin who was still having his arm in a sling. It made me sad (once again) that I had caused that.

"Hey," he said, giving me a small smile. I didn't smile back, which was unusual for me. I just kinda stood there and he began again, "Are you alright Iris? I swear to God I didn't know you knew Cassandra-"

"It's alright," I said, wanting to ignore the subject completely. But he obviously didn't.

"No I mean, she was just at the hospital and she worked there as my halftime nurse. I had no idea you and her hated each other. Iris, she's really nice around me and I really don't want anyone on Warped to feel uncomfortable because she's around-"

"Kellin, you can date her. That's your restriction, not mine. If she makes you happy then don't worry about anyone else. Now, I have to go on in a minute." And with that, I left Kellin before he could say anything else and my manager handed me a microphone.

I stood at the end of the stage, trying to get pumped up for the show. It was starting to get dark, but that's Warped. We do our best at night. So here I am, jumping up and down and just looking like a complete idiot while the band's techs are out on stage and getting ready while we were all doing our exercises. Rollen was rolling (haha, Rollen rolling-) up her sleeves and flipping her hair out; Daxon and Jaxon were shouting things at each other for a jokingly motivational thing they do; Tracey was running her fingers through her hair while chasing Rebel, who was singing the song Come and Get It by Selena Gomez. We were all pretty much stoked.

"TRIPLE M YOU GUYS ARE ON." Rebel ran on the stage first and a huge applause welcomed her. Next was Jaxon who ran out on the stage then fell on his knees as he landed behind his instrument. Then Daxon skipped - literally skipped - onto the stage, getting a few whistles. Rollen ran out next, and then I ran out behind her.

Hearing the people screaming out our names, our band name, felt like bliss. And when the music started up for Hallelujah, everyone was all years. All I could focus on was the music.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: PLEASE READ. So . . . I might not wait until the summer. :3 My Writer's block is floating away~ But, I have SO much planned. THERE'S GONNA BE SO MANY CHAPTERS UPLOADED YO- c: Hope you all enjoy! READ! ENJOY! COMMENT AND FAVORITE MHM MBAI NOW! :D P.S., would you all be mad at me if I told you all this chapter was already written, and I just decided not to upload? >:3