From the Dark I Feel Your Lips.

006.

The light single light bulb hanging from Asher’s bedroom ceiling flickered on and off throughout the whole night. The first few times her heart would jump; thinking it was Matt or worse, Brian. After a while, when the light continued to strobe throughout her room, a wave of home sickness washed over her. She shut her eyes tightly, whispering like Dorothy of The Wizard of Oz, wishing to be in her mother’s arms; wishing to be wrapped up in that pink princess duvet. With the iPod head phones tucked into her ears, she turned up the volume full blast, playing, “Girls, girls, girls,” by Motley Crue. She barely liked anything on Brian’s iPod; she would only crack a smile when she came across The Misfits or Led Zeppelin. She was never really a heavy metal fan; she was always a Faith No More girl.
The blankets she was under were starting to stick to her moist skin and the humid air was shortening her breath. The light switched off and threw the room in to a still blackness. No door or window could stream in any ray of light. Asher slipped out of bed and slid out of the forest green sweat pants she was wearing. A gusty breeze blew past her heated legs as she pulled up a pair of black gym shorts. She reached for the door and carefully turned the knob, slipping into the hallway without a sound. This would be a perfect time to escape, she thought but something was drawing her into this place. Maybe it was the strength of her and Matt's semi-bond or maybe it was Matthew himself, Asher couldn’t decide. She moved down the stair case with such stealth that not even a vampire most skilled in hearing could pick up her footsteps.
Asher stood on the patio staring out into the dark ocean, the soft sloshing of the water and silence of the night brought an overwhelming calm around her. She sighed and ran a hand through her messy auburn locks. Looking up at the full moon, she felt a sift breeze blow past her. “Oh,” A rustic voice bellowed from behind her. “You’re out here.” Asher spun around, only to come face to face with none other than Synyster Gates. A package of cigarettes was entangled in his fingers and a lighter was spilling from his pocket. He pulled out a white stick and placed it in between his plush lips, he cupped his hands over it as he flicked his lighter and took a long drag.
“I’ll leave you,” Asher said quickly and almost ran to the sliding glass door.
“Don’t,” Brian’s hand gripped her arm tightly and sat her down on a lawn chair. He took the seat next to her, “I just want to talk.” He cautioned her and watched as her uneasy stature faded. The couple sat in silence. The silence wasn’t uncomfortable like Asher would have thought, it was almost comforting. “So,” He blew out a puff of smoke and moved his cold fingers to his pockets, nervously.
“Who’s Michelle?” Asher asked softly. She pulled her legs to her chest and rested her face against her knees. Brian’s face contorted in agony as he connected gazes with Asher.
“She was my mate.” He said, barely above a whisper. “She left me though.... I shouldn't be telling you this shit.” Asher scooted her chair closer and touched his shoulder gently. She hoped it would make him feel better but he only shoved her hand away violently. “She left me for that bastard that is trying to kidnap you. Blaine is his name and he is the fucking devil.” Asher stiffened.
“The devil?” She gulped and watched as Syn let out a sadistic laugh.
“He’s not really the devil,” Asher exhaled heavily. “They should rename him that though. Michelle had gotten herself mixed up in Blaine’s world, one thing lead to another and she was head over heels for him. The night I pathetically got on one knee for that woman was the same night Blaine invaded my home,” He paused and cracked his neck, shaking out all the angry emotions. He didn't know why he was telling this pathetic girl his life story, maybe it was therapeutic to get out again. “He invaded my own fucking home and took my fiancée. She didn’t even pretend to struggle, she left without a fight, I even saw her smile up at him.” Brian let his eyes fall onto the ocean and once again Asher extended a comforting hand on his shoulder, this time he didn’t shake her off.
“I couldn’t even imagine, Syn,” Asher shook her head and sighed. “I’m so sorry.”
“Yeah, whatever.” He snapped. Silence infiltrated their ears once more.
“Why does Blaine want me?” She whispered and felt a shiver of fear rush down her spine.
“Ask Shadows, I shouldn’t be the one to tell you.” He paused. “As much as I would love to destroy your whole fucking world,” He smirked, “I wouldn’t because Matt would slaughter me.” Asher left it at that; no more Blaine questions.
“Do you miss it? Your life with Michelle?" Asher asked, a wolf howl echoed throughout the mansion compound. She watched intently as Brian took one last drag of his cigarette and threw it against the cement near his feet. He dug his toe into it and turned to look Asher dead in the eye.
“I would give up all of this,” He said, gesturing to the city he shared rule over. “All of it just to have my Michelle back and live a normal life with her.” He ran his hands through his unruly brown hair and shook his head softly. “Does that answer your question?” He smirked slightly and stood to his feet, Asher followed closely behind.
“Brian?” Asher gulped, this was the first time she had used his real name in front of him and she wasn’t sure how he would react. But before she could let him, Asher stretched her arms out and pulled him into a hug. This startled Brian. It had been years since he had any sort of affection with a human, without having sex. “I’m sorry,” Asher whispered into his ear and felt his arms grip tightly around her waist. Suddenly, a louder wolfs cry roared against their ears.
“The werewolves are out,” Brian said with a soft laugh crackling through his words. “They’re hunting. And if you tell anyone I fucking hugged you, I will personally feed you to them without hesitation." He kept his arms firmly around her waist and rested his head against her shoulder, soaking in the once familiar warmth. “I’m sorry for what I have done,” Brian whispered but this tender moment was soon ruined by a loud cough.
“Am I interrupting something?” Matthew seethed. He was leaning against the glass door, his arms crossed and his hair a mess. It clung to his skin and a crazed looked formed in his eyes.
“Actually,” Asher challenged him. “You are.”
“You’re coming with me,” Matthew hissed and went to grab her arm but Brian hit his hand away.
“Look, she’s not coming with you. Can’t you tell how pissed she is?”
“So, what? You’re her protector now. You just tried to fucking rape her not to long ago!” Matthew charged up to Brian and came face to face with him. “I’m her protector; I’m her god damn mate! Now, stay the fuck away from her!”
“Matthew!” Asher screeched and pressed a firm hand against his forearm, tugging his back. “I was only comforting him. He has fucking feelings too!” She cried and pulled with all her might, but still the vampire stood his ground.
“Whatever,” Matt jerked from her arm and stormed off into the house, slamming doors as he went along. Asher and Brian exchanged glances, he softly nodded at her, telling her to go after him.
“Don’t tell anyone about this,” He was serious. Asher shook her head and took off upstairs to Matt's bedroom. Following the carpet down the hallway, Asher could hear the whispers of her waking peers. “Their fighting again,” She heard Zacky whisper. “I’m getting so sick of this,” Lacey replied. Asher shook her head and kept on her journey to his room. She reached the wooden black doors and swung one open. Asher stumbled back in horror, clasping her petite hands onto the door knob for support.
“Get out!” Matt yelled and pressed his hands to his tear stained face. “Get out Asher!” He boomed and stood up to push her out but Asher swooped underneath his arms and slammed his door shut. Her eyes grew wide as she stared down at the dead prostitute. Two puncture wounds were burning red in her neck and her once blue eyes were glued open in shock, fading away to gray. Matt had his back to her, his eyes burning holes into the wooden doors. “I had to feed,” He sobbed and struggled to regain his dominate personality.
“Mattie,” She sighed and moved closer to him, sliding her arms underneath his shoulders and hugged him from behind. It was the first time she had used his childhood nickname and his stomach flipped with excitement. “It’s okay,” She cooed, even though for Asher, it wasn’t okay. It was far from okay. Matt stiffened as her arms squeezed tighter around him and she carefully pressed her lips just below his ear lobe. Asher released her arms and slowly made her way in Matt's arms to face him. She lifted his chin and kissed the streaming tears that fell from his face.
“I never wanted this for you,” He whispered and pressed his forehead against Asher’s. The emotions she was feeling were so intense and mixed with his, it was like an emotional roller coaster. “I want you to go back to living your life,” He closed his eyes and let his hands fall to the small of her back, pressing her body closer to his. “I’ll take you back to your apartment and I’ll watch from a far. You’ll never have to see me again.” His words were caught on the tears he was choking back.
“I don’t want to leave you, Mattie.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and snuggled into his embrace. “You’re a part of me now; you can’t just leave me again, Matthew. You can’t leave me like you did when I was little.” Matt kept his eyes connected with Asher’s and he knew in that moment, the day he left years ago, was the day he destroyed her. He could see and feel the pain she felt and it only made him shake with sadness. “You can’t break your promise again.”
“I won’t ever break it,” He said lowly and pulled his face away from her. He gazed into those ocean blue eyes and let his hand wander into her curly hair, the strands were soft and warm against his cold finger tips. “Not again, I can’t disappoint you.” He said aloud but not for Asher, for himself. There was silence between them as they held each other. Zacky inched his face closer to hers and pressed a finger under her chin. “You’re tired,” He mumbled and pressed his lips against the soft skin on her neck; he felt his fangs extend slightly and he fought back the hunger. “I’m staying with you,” He attempted a smile. The maids would clean up the mess he made and dispose of her body accordingly. To anyone else, having a cremator in the basement would be sadistic and psychopathic but to the Avenged Sevenfold gang, it was just an easier way to rid their household of needless bodies. Especially bodies that didn't deserve graves.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, okay! This is the last old chapter that I will be putting out. Sorry they came out at such a rapid pace and I made it hard to keep up with all the updates! :( I promise the new chapters will come out at a normal time not 64839384 in one night hahah. Anyways thanks again for reading I really appreciate it!