From the Dark I Feel Your Lips.

008.

The young Matthew watched in horror as Asher's father charged him. He grabbed Matt by the collar and threw him up against the wall. "I knew it was you." He seethed. "Alistar warned me about you." His arm rounded up and slammed into the side of Matthews cheek. He let the young boy slide down the wall in pain and turned to his young daughter. "You are to forget this whole thing ever happened, go to your mothers bedside now." He hissed and pushed the now sobbing Asher roughly out the door. Once it was shut he picked up Matthew by the throat. Matthew stared into the mans blue eyes and cringed, there was no emotion, no life, and no mercy. "You are to take me to your parents." He slid a silver cross from his pocket and held it against Matt's heart. "This will tear straight though your heart," he breathed. "Now take me."
Matt sat back in the large chair behind his desk. His hands ran uneasily through his hair and he shoved the papers off his desk angrily.
"No one ever fucking told me this would happen." He seethed to Brian and Jimmy. They stood in the corner of the dark room with their arms folded across their chest.
"You were too busy being rebellious with Vengeance while the rest of us actually studied the Ancient Rule Keep. Not all of us had the main tulle just handed off to us." Brian almost smirked.
"So what is this, what can happen?" He pleaded to the both of them.
"The moment her soul was sold, the owner gets all abilities with the mortal. He can dream walk, feel and control her emotions and so much more. She's his, no matter if you make the transition to her mate. This is bad Shadows. Not only is someone on the inside spying but now she is open to Blaine's mind to play. We have to figure out how we can block her from his head, we may need to go to Christ for answers with that one."
Jimmy shook his head and breathed.
"You know how this could end right? How it usually ends in scenarios like this." The room remained quiet. "He'll drive her insane, make her comment suicide, he'll do it just so it kills you while watching her crumble. We need to put a stop to this. We have to act now."
"We can't act now Rev!" Brian spat. "If we show any initiation all hell will break loose. We can't risk our family and the city. They will strip us of our power, they will revolt if we put them in such danger."
"I know," Matt whispered.
"I want you to go talk to Christ, Jim. Figure out what we can do."
Matt got up from his desk and found his way walking to Asher's room. He needed to finally come clean to her, he could feel how intensely confused and angry she was. His deathbat on his stomach was on fire.
"Ash?" He pushed the door open slightly and saw her with the covers over her head. "Baby," he cooed and felt awkward with accidentally calling her that. "Let me explain."
She just mumbled into the pillow and rolled over. She opened up the covers and begged for me to crawl in with her. The claw marks on her cheeks were still visible but slowly fading.
They had the blankets over their head and his hands reached down to interlace their fingers. "Let me start from the beginning, all questions will be answered at the end. I just need to get it out so we can move on with our lives." He breathed. "I was six when I found you. I was wondering the streets aimlessly when your scent drew me in, your fear drew me in. I couldn't stay away from you after that Ash, you know that. I needed to help you, you were so lost and used and I couldn't have you thinking that what you were living with was normal. At that time, my family was apart of "The Five Families." Although mine had more of an upper hand than the other, they all had worked together to rule The City of Evil. Alistar was the dictator that ruled before our families, he sent The City into chaos. Poverty was stricken throughout, not one lived with out going hungry and crime was at an all time high. I remember being three years old and having to step over dead bodies just to make my way to school. My family had enough, their strength and courage created an uproar and we led a rebellion that took down the dictatorship. Soon enough The Five Families took their place on the thrown but this was no lethal dictatorship. We ruled and still rule fairly. Alistar was forever determined to seek revenge against my parents primarily. So when his son was born, he bred him to hunt, to be a natural born killer. This leads me back to you. The night your father walked in on us, it sent everything spiraling out of control. Alistar had come to your father with information about me becoming your friend and your father used if for his own benefit as well.
That night he forced me to my parents and threatened my whole family. My father knew he could tear your father to pieces but he kept his side civil. He directed him back to Alistar and I was forced to never see you again. That is why I never came back that night and abandoned you. I was watched, in mortal terms, I was grounded," he said with a slight chuckle and let his palm slide across her cheek gently. "I couldn't get to you and by the time I was free, you had left and I had to find you. I tracked you for years Asher. I'll get back to that but anyways, your father went to Asher and made him a deal. That is he had complete protection from what he was doing to you, you know, he would give Alistar's son your soul. But since Alistar wasn't in rule, he didn't have the key to truly keep it. I have the key, I keep it safe, only I know, not even the guys. Blaine, now posses mate-like abilities with you and the bond can not be broken until we kill him. I need you to understand that I did not leave you. I tracked you for years until finally I found you with that piece of shit Erick. You don't know how many nights I watch you. How many times I kept Erick out late at the bar or sent him home with women just so he couldn't come home to you. I tried my damnest to help you." He started to cry. "I had to kill Erick. He was going to kill you. I couldn't watch him touch you so intimately."
Matt watched in silence as Asher cried her eyes out. Eventually she fell asleep. Matt pulled her body into his and inhaled the sweet scent of her hair. He was worn out. His skin was dry and his eyes were twitching. He needed to drink and he was slowly killing himself. He had partially bonded with Asher therefore drinking the blood of another was useless, it did not have the same health benefits. He was killing himself trying to protect her but he would rather have himself dead than her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I typed this out on my phone so sorry it's so shitty and just straight dialogue. This is just a filler but somewhat important. Now that this is out I promise it will get better and more action packed!