Sequel: Black & White
Status: Complete! Check out the sequel Black & White!

...And a Happy New Year

Resolutions

New Year's Eve 2013

Chaney stood against the wall, nursing her third glass of wine as she gazed across the room at John O'Callaghan when she felt someone nudge her shoulder.

"Ya know, the more you stand there not talking to him, the less likely he is to notice you. Just grow a pair and talk to him."

Eric Halvorsen was best friends with not only John, but Chaney as well. Unfortunately for Chaney, John had no idea she existed. Halvo, for the last 15 or so years he's known Chaney has tried to encourage her to talk to John.

"Ugh, Halvo, you know why I can't. He doesn't know I exist. I'm a nobody." She explained exasperated.

"That's why ya talk to him ya dingus! Look, you know I love you to death and would do anything for you, but sometimes ya gotta get outta your comfort zone. I can only help you so much."

"I know, I know. I just..."

"I get it, he's quite the sociallite. You, not so much. He can work a room. That much is obvious already. But c'mon. How else do you expect to get your beloved 'kiss at midnight' from John if you don't at least talk to him?" He kissed the side of her head and nudged her arm and nodded towards John as he moved away from the wall.

Chaney nodded in understanding. She knew that if she ever wanted to get on Mr. Hot-Shot's radar she would have to get over her insecurities and talk to him. Hell, she had "known" John since she moved across the street from him. Something about his demeanor drew her to him, and she never quite understood what it was. To her disadvantage her parents never befriended the O'Callaghans despite her and John being the same age.

Chaney met Halvo when she was in 4th grade. They hit it off instantly and he became a big brother figure for her. It also worked to her advantage when she later found out that Halvo was best friends with John.

She was determined this year to talk to John and by this time next year, she was going to make sure she and John were lip-locked at midnight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of layout and possible weird formatting, I did this on my phone. I had this idea for a one shot and wanted to get it to yall on NYE :) However, I think now I'm going to branch it out and make it last all year to be in sync with the story...I really shouldn't be adding another story but I really want to put this out. Comment and subscribe please!! :) I promise it will get longer but this is just a teaser to set it up. I hope to update tomorrow.