‹ Prequel: Inner Demons

Hit and Run

Chapter One

Delia stared as her fingers skimmed lazily along the surface of the water, making simple patterns in the bubbles. The steam rose slowly, casting a smoky haze to the tiny bathroom, blurring her vision slightly. She sank and bit further into the deep tub, dipping her head down to get the hair wet. She linger under the water a bit, blowing air from her nose and imagining what drowning was like. There was a quiet knock at the door, and a tear-ridden voice followed it, "Del, are you almost done?"

She sighed, she hated it when her brother sounded so hopeless, "Yeah, Bob, I'll be out in a minute."

"Oh, okay... I left your dress on your bed." he said softly.

"Thanks." Delia replied, pulling the stopper from the tub.

Bob mumbled a welcome and she could hear him walking down the hallway and into his own room. He hadn't really been able to handle death after their parents had died several years earlier. Delia stood up from the tub, wiping the excess water off her skin and shaking her head, flinging drops of water across the walls. She dried her self off quickly and wrapped up in the robe hanging by the door. She flipped off the bathroom light and hurried into her room, shutting the door tightly behind her. She stood in front of a full length mirror simply propped against the wall. She stared at her body, her skin a slight pink from the scalding bath water. She looked over her shoulder, her black dress laid across her bed. She pulled over herself, smoothing down the skirt, "It's too... flashy." she muttered to herself, marching out of her room.

Bob was sitting in the living room, tying up his shoes. Delia stood in front of him, "How do I look?"

"Fine." he mumbled.

"I think the dress is too much, too dressy." she sighed indignantly.

"No one will care... no go fix your hair." He sighed, hanging his head.

Delia rolled her eyes and went back into her room, digging through her closet for her ballet flats. She finally fished them out beneath a pair of dirty jeans and slipped them on her feet, admiring them for a moment. She then went over to her vanity brushed down her hair and applying a thin layer of gel. She held back her fringe with a few pins decorated with jeweled bugs, before walking back out into the living room. She plopped down next to her brother, laying her head on his shoulder, "I hope Mikey is happier now."

"Yeah..." Bob replied, his mono-syllabic vocabulary slowly wearing on Delia's nerves.

She glanced up at her brother, and stroked his face just below his eye, feeling a stray tear flow down her hand, "You gonna be okay, Bobert?" she asked in concern, using an old childhood nickname.

He shrugged his shoulders and leaned into the couch, "I dunno."

Delia draped her arm around his shoulder. "It's gonna be alright."

Bob looked at her for the first time that day, making direct eye contact, "It always end up that way."

****************
Delia entered the church slowly, lowering her head as she passed hoards of crying fans. Bob pulled her closer, as she intently studied the tiles on the floor. She could hear Nadine approaching her, and held out her arms as she crashed into them, "You finally came!" she sobbed.

Delia allowed the tears to flow and pulled her friend closer, finding comfort, "I'm here now." she muttered.

Nadine led her over to the first row of pews, where Ray and Frank were sitting. Ray smiled weakly as they sat down and Frank wrapped Delia into a small hug, "Hey hunny." he whispered.

Delia sniffed and sat down, curling in between Nadine and Bob. But then she noticed something, "Where's Gerard?"

Ray hung his head, "He just kinda left, he called a second ago, he sounded really upset."

"Is he okay!" Delia gasped.

"He's not stupid, and he was with his dad. He probably needed a cigarette or something."

"I hope so..." Delia muttered, turning her head to stare at the doors. Gerard stumbled through them shortly afterwards, his hair hanging in his face. He had chopped all of it off in a depressive fit a few nights earlier, which made his band fear a bit for his sanity. He flopped down into the pew, kissing Nadine lightly on the cheek. The overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke emanated from his clothes, making Delia gag and cough lightly. Gerard smiled at her, "Hey Del."

"Hey Gee, you doing any better?"

Gerard sighed and chewed on his lip, "I suppose."

Nadine draped a arm around him, pulling him close, "Just it some time babe."

Slowly the church filled with family and friends, and the organ began to play a depressing sounded dirge. Gerard hung his head and tried to keep in every tear, his body shaking in violent spasms as he kept back the tears. the funeral progressed slowly, various people giving small sentiments to Mikey. It ended rather quietly, people shuffling out the door and to the cemetery. But band stayed behind, as was expected. Gerard walked up onto the alter and sat down on the steps, allowing himself to cry. Heavy tears bolted down his face, his body shaking from the sheer force of his sobs. Nadine rubbed his back slowly, trying to regulate his breathing. Bob and Delia stayed in the pew, staring up at them. "You think the band will be okay Bob?" she asked nervously.

"I hope so," he sighed, blinked back another round of tears.
*******************
Everyone retreated back to Bob and Delia's house after the funeral, holing themselves away from the garish scrutiny of the outside world. Gerard had gone to the little corner store for a bit of food and "personal items". Nadine and Delia found themselves cloistered in her room, flicking matches into a pile on the old wooden floors. "I'm bored... and want ice cream." Nadine moaned.

"Then get some lazy ass" Delia muttered, watching as the flames crawled towards her fingers.

Nadine narrowed her eyes and stood up, "Put in Titanic while I'm gone. I feel like crying."

Delia furrowed her brow and laid down across the floor, "I dont know where it is. You borrowed it last."

Nadine sighed and flopped her arms to her side, "I left it on your desk somewhere."

Delia muttered gently and pulled herself off the floor, watching as Nadine moped out of the room. She dug around through piles of CDs and papers, finally coming across the old DVD half-hidden behind a job application. Delia closed her eyes and moved the papers and wiped the thin layer of dust off, staring at her warped reflection. "You like mint, right?" Nadine asked gently, pushing open the door.

Delia looked up as Nadine set down a tub of bright green ice cream and a pair of spoons clattered to the floor. Delia sighed and slumped down, crossing her legs in front of her. Nadine pressed the play button and the two became consumed.
***************
"HOLD ON JACK!" Nadine screamed, tears rolling down her face.

"ROSE, YOU WHORE! SAVE HIM!" Delia shouted at the screen, throwing her dirty spoon at the TV.

A figure walked by the room, clad in black and carrying a paper bag near their hip. Delia blinked and they were gonna, ducking down the hallway. Nadine sniffed, "I have to pee."

"Thanks for sharing" Delia scoffed, scrunching up her nose.

Nadine smirked and wandered into the bathroom, when the figure caught her eye. He was standing in the middle of one on the guest room, pulling a clear bottle from the beg in his pocket, slowly unscrewing the cap. Nadine felt rage bubble inside her and she leapt from bathroom, "GERARD! STOP THAT!"

The figure looked up, pain and fear etched across his pale face. He resembled the dead, his skin smoothed over his gaunt cheeks, his eyes sunken and hollow. Nadine sighed gently and tried to pull the bottle from his grasp, shocked as it didn't instantly give way, "Gimme my booze," Gerard mumbled, slurring slightly.

Nadine wrenched the gin away, throwing to the ground. The glass scattered and left a horrible scent rising into the air. "How could you Gerard?"

"I wanted to forget for a while" he mumbled, casting his lifeless eyes downward.

"You fucking idiot! How could you do that?" she raged, pressing a finger into his chest.

She could feel his rapid heart slaving away beneath his rib cage, which expanded and fell at an enormous pace, "Baby, you don't underst..."

"Don't "Baby" me!" Nadine yelled, pushing the hair from her eyes.

Gerard lowered his gaze and shifted his weight, the floorboards groaning slightly, "How could you put us through that hell again Gerard?" Nadine asked bitterly, her brown eyes glowing with anger.

He shrugged his shoulder, which earned him a hard slap across the face by Nadine. "Mikey would be so fucking disappointed in you!"

"Don't fucking bring Mikey into this!" Gerard cracked, snarling slightly.

Nadine slapped him again, "Listen to me, Gerard! Listen! Why the fuck did you buy alcohol? Did you think we enjoyed carting your unconscious body around?" she seethed.

"I just wanted to forget!" he pleaded, gentle tears falling from his eyes.

Nadine sighed and crossed her arms, "Fuck you, Gerard."
******

"FUCK ME! Gerard!"

Nadine threw her head back in ecstasy, Gerard quickly doubling his pace and rhythm, steady his feet as he propped Nadine into the wall. She gyrated her hips, giggling slightly as Gerard hit something inside her, "Oh shit..."

Gerard smirked and let out a long moan, his short hairs falling into his eyes and clinging to his sweaty forehead. He picked her up, still thrusting, and threw her onto the bed, pressing his hands to the headboard. "B-Baby?" he asked, his mouth trembling.

"Yes... ohhh." Nadine moaned.

"Thank you, for s-s-saving me."

Nadine nodded and pushed her hips into Gerard, arching her back and running her hands down his spine. She laid a trail of bites and kisses on his shoulder, hearing little moans and growls coming from deep within his throat. Nadine started to shake, feeling her insides writhe and contort from the pure pressure of her orgasm, "Gee, I'm so close."

He smiled and gave one last powerful thrust, before they both released, yelling out names and curses that quickly faded into moans. Gerard lay on top of her, trying to regain his breathing. He quickly pulled out and removed the condom, wiping himself off with a tissue. Nadine smiled as she curled up beside her, laying his head on her shoulder, "Thanks again."

"Why Gerard? Why Gin? Why would you do something like that to us?" Nadine begged.

"I wasn't really thinking." he sighed, cracking his knuckles.

Nadine pulled the covers around them, snuggling into his clammy body, gaining his heat. Gerard sighed again, "If I tell you something... will you please not get mad at me?"

"Of course Gerard." she comforted, gripping onto his hand.

"I, uhh, took some pills from a guy at the store. I dunno what they were, but I fel sick to my stomach." he muttered, hiding the tears in his eyes.

Nadine felt anger rise again, but she supressed it, a loving smile creeping onto her face, "Gerard, just... don't do it again, okay?"

He nodded and kissed her gently, "Not ever."

Nadine's smile grew and she leaned into him, "Maybe we've gotten past the worst... Maybe everything will finally be okay. "
.