‹ Prequel: Inner Demons

Hit and Run

Chapter Two

Nadine awoke to the feeling of Gerard snuggling into her neck, whimpering softly as his mind was wracked with dreams. She turned onto her side and watched him for a moment, his brow knitting together and a frown forming on his subtle lips. She brushed the hair on his forehead, his eyes slowly opening, "Deeny?" he whispered, his voice husky from sleep.

"Morning Babe," she cooed, kissing his cheek.

Gerard smiled and propped himself on his elbows, the sheets slipping down his torso to reveal his bare chest. Nadine smiled and wrapped the sheet around her, walking across the room to pick up her clothes. She tossed Gerard his wadded up boxers and shirt, smiling as they pegged him in the face. She headed for the door, when Gerard stopped her, "Where are you going?"

"I wanna shower..." Nadine replied confusedly.

Gerard pouted and leaned into the pillows, drawing patterns on his sternum. Nadine reclined against the wall, the room bathed in a gold light from the sunrise. Gerard smiled and beckoned her closer, captivating her with a sensuous glimmer in his eyes. Nadine smirked and walked to the bed slowly, swaying her hips as she took each step. Gerard could feel himself growing, the strong pressure building rapidly beneath the sheets. He seized her as soon as she reached the bed, pulling her into him, kissing her passionately. Nadine moaned into the kiss, burying her head in his shoulder as he assaulted her neck with feverish kisses. "Make love to me." Nadine whispered, staring him in the eyes.

Gerard smiled and carefully unwrapped her from the sheets, laying her body out on the bed. He kissed her slowly, snaking his arms around her back, pushing himself inside her. Nadine moaned and nipped at his shoulder, pressing her face into his flesh. Sweat began to bead on their bodies, but Gerard kept his slow but powerful pace, whispering gentle "I Love You" to Nadine. Their lips meet again in a cataclysm of raw passion, their tongues dancing and mingling in their mouths. Gerard picked up his pace a little, earning a loud moan of approval from Nadine. "Oh god Gerard... this is so amazing." she panted out, running her hands down his back.

Gerard smiled and bucked his hips a little, before reattaching his lips to Nadine's. They carried on for another 20 minutes, making love in the fresh morning light, drawing moans and shudders from the other person. Soon they two reached their climax, crying out and clinging together, meshing their sweaty bodies together one final time. Gerard pulled out and ran his hands over Nadine's curves, sighing gently to himself. She turned to him and ran her hands across his face, "You're so beautiful," she whispered.

Gerard smiled and kisses her gently, laying his head on her breasts, "Babe?" he asked softly.

"Yeah Gerard?"

"Will you rub my wrist, its sore again..." he muttered, holding his arm out.

The bandages and stitches had been removed, but his wrist was still partially broken, and became painful from time to time. Nadine smiled and complied, slowly massaging his forearm, being careful not to press too hard, "Feel any better?" she asked sweetly.

"A little," he winced as she pressed down on his wrist again.

"Sorry, Gee." she murmured, kissing his fingers tenderly.

He smiled and curled into her, looking up into her eyes, "I love you." he half-sputtered, hiding his face again.

Nadine smiled and they locked hands, their fingers intertwining, "I love you too."

Suddenly there was a loud bang on the door followed by Delia's frustrated voice, "Are you two done fucking yet?"

"NO!" Nadine screamed, giggling slightly.

"You have five seconds to cover up before I come in!" she warned, shaking the door handle.

Gerard quickly pulled on a shirt and underwear, while Nadine wrapped herself up in the wrinkled sheets. Delia came in with her eyes closed, but slowly opened them and sighed with relief, "When you love birds are finished, we have breakfast ready."

Gerard smiled, "Sorry if we we're loud." he muttered, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's not that you were loud, you kept banging against my damn wall." she growled darkly.

Nadine smiled, "Oh well, who's hungry!"

Delia lifted an eyebrow and left the room, muttering to herself. Nadine and Gerard went to opposite corners of the room, pulling on their bed clothes and trudging quietly out of the room, their bodies still weakened in the post-sex state. Bob glared at them as they sat down at the table, realizing that 3 pairs of eyes were buring into their skin. "You two need to find somewhere else to have sex. Seriously," Frank muttered, yawning slightly.

Ray nodded in agreement and took a large gulp of his coffee. Bob blinked his heavy eyes as Delia walked down the steps, he hair wet and clinging to her face. "So what's for breakfast?"

"Ummm, I dunno, cereal?" Ray mumbled, trying to keep awake.

"You lazy gits." she spat, walking over to the pantry.

She pulled out bowls from the cabinets and grabbed the milk from the fridge. Gerard looked up at her, "Where's the spoons?"

"Get you own damn spoon." she snarled, pouring the cereal into her bowl.

"What's wrong with you guys?" Gerard asked innocently.

"You had sex twice last night, and woke us up again this morning!" Frank snapped, turning pale pink.

Nadine hung her head and busied herself by eating. Soon the room fell queit again, the sound of spoons clattering against the glass bowls. Once they finished, the slowlt migrated to the living room, spreading themselves out across the mis-matched furniture. Delia stretched out along the floor, playing with Cali. "What's on the agenda for today?" Gerard questioned quietly, not even looking up from his lap.

"I dunno, some label meeting thing, about Mikey." Frank sighed, folding the newspaper and setting it on the floor.

"About Mikey?"

"Yeah, they wanna know wether we're gonna continue being a band or not." Frank muttered.

"I can always pick up where Mikey left off." Delia offered.

"Maybe," Bob replied, "But we'll have to teach you how to play live."

"What will we do, if we have to break up?" Ray asked, glancing around the room.

"I don't know." Gerard sighed, haging his head.

"And that really, really scares me."
********************************

The day progressed slowly, everyone scattering around the house, each keeping to themselves, trying to find pointless tasks to keep them busy. Delia stared out her window as a fresh batch of snow began to fall from the soft grey skies. She turned her head to see Nadine lazily drawing on in Delia's old sketch book, a sad look chiseled onto her face. Delia stared at the snow from the corner of her eyes, then sighed, "Let's get out of here."

Nadine lifted her gaze, her eyes clouded by confusion, "Huh?"

"Let's go somewhere, anywhere. I need to get out of this house." Delia half-begged.

Nadine sat upright and folded her legs, "Where should we go?"

"I don't care, anywhere." Delia insisted.

Nadine narrowed her brown eyes, glancing over to the window, "It's snowing, and cold. I don't wanna go outside."

Delia felt her chest heave, "Please, I really need to get out!"

Nadine blinked, "No, Del. It's too cold."

"Please!" Delia begged, her voice dripping with conviction.

Nadine sighed and rolled her eyes, "Fine, okay! Let's go!"

Delia smiled and went over to her closet, pulling out handfuls of jackets and dumping them onto the floor. The girls bundled themselves under several layers, while still trying to look fashionable. Delia was the first to leave her room, pocketing her cellphone on her way out the door, "Bob, Nadine and I are going for a walk. I dunno when we'll be back."

Bob looked up at the stair case from the lounge, "Are you serious? It's only 20ยบ outside!"

Delia shrugged her shoulders, "I know, but we need to get out of the house for a little while."

"Well, okay then. Call if you need anything." he muttered.

Delia felt Nadine rub against her back, "Come on."

The two left in a rush, muttering simple goodbyes to the other men in the house. Delia walked slowly, taking in the world around her. Everything seemed so bleak and lifeless, as if in mourning. She felt a pang of sorrow in her stomach and swallowed her tears. Nadine's gaze was fixated on the ground, studying the way the snow fell on the dirty concrete, making it clean and pure again. Delia turned the corner, spotting an old, run down park, "We haven't been here in ages." she sighed, picking up her pace a little.

Nadine giggled and grabbed for Delia's hand, warming her icy fingers. Delia smiled and sat down on a stone parapet, swinging feet, "Thank you."

Nadine coughed slightly and then turned to her friend, "Thank you?"

"Yes, for coming with me." Delia explained, her head drooping slightly.

Nadine wrapped an arm around Delia, pulling her into a hug, "Hun, I'm always here for you."

Delia smiled, "I know, that's why you're my best friend."

Nadine beamed and noticed the battered swing set behind them, "Care to join me?" she asked, hopping down from the wall.

Delia shrugged and followed behind Nadine, the two girls settling into the seats. Delia twisted around, kicking her legs at the mulch, "I wonder what's going to happen. I mean, with Mikey gone, they can't finish the record."

"No, they lost everything in the fire, everything they recorded, all the songs. There's no point to it now." Delia sighed.

A sharp, cold breeze blew past them, kicking up the snow and spreading the flurries around. Nadine buried her head, but then felt something hit her neck. She turned around to see 5 boys her age, all with matching crew cuts and heavy scowls on their faces. Delia saw them as well, her face paling rapidly, "J-Jonny? Wh-What are you doing here?" she asked, her breathing hitching in her throat.

"I came to tell you that I still love you, and that I will make you mine." He shouted, stepping towards them.

"No, Jonny. I broke up with you, please just leave me alone." Delia pleaded, jumping off the swing.

Jonny crossed her path, staring at her with steel grey eyes, "What did I do to make you leave. I can change, I swear."

"You were an egotisical bastard to threatened to beat up my friends if I didn't have sex with you. That's why!" Delia spat.

She heard a gentle click, like metal on metal, and she felt the cold shaft of a gun being placed on her temple, "And... I was good boyfriend." he seethed.

Delia began to sob, shaking from both utter fear and now the cold winds that were whipping around them. "N-Nadine, h-help me." she cried.

Nadine turned to run, but two of the boys stopped her, pinning her to the ground. Jonny ran his hand over Delia back, unclasping her bra with his fingers. Delia let out a pitiful cry, feeling his cold hands travel up her shirt, exploring in places he had no right to touch. Nadine thrashed beneath the boys pinning her down, yelling curses and screaming for help. "What do you want, Jonny?"

"You, baby." he cackled, pressing lips to Delia's neck.

"Jonny, please stop!" Delia begged, collapsing at his feet.

"Oh what a perfection position!" he drawled, thrusting her face into his groin.

"Fuck off Jonny. I'm not doing it."

He smacked her, busting open her lip, "Suck it bitch!" he demanded, undoing his pants.

Delia looked over at Nadine, a desperate look in her eyes. Nadine sighed and hung her head, before mouthing, I texted Frank, it's okay.

Delia felt a small surge of happiness, all she had to do now is stall. She resisied him again, thrashing about. He grabbed onto her wrists, but she kicked in his knee, watching as he toppled to the ground. He wiped the mud off his face and stradled Delia, holding a hand around her neck, "Wrong move, bitch."

"HEY! GET THE FUCK OFF HER!"

Delia and Jonny looked up to see Frank running towards them, a menacing look on his face. Jonny pounced off Delia and rounded up with crew, eah of them pulling out various weapons. Frank stopped in his tracks, "Oh shit."

Delia screamed out, bolting towards Jonny. The gun was fired as she tackled his to the ground, punching his face repeatadly. The other boys scattered, the sounds of their shoes sprinting through the icy grass bouncing around them. Delia finally let Jonny up, who limped off behind a set of bushes. But then she saw Nadine, slumped over her brother, who lay sprawled across the ground, bloor flowing from his neck and chest. Nadine looked up, heavy tears rolling down her face, "He... he isn't moving." she cried.

Delia crawled over, placing her head on Frank's chest, "Nadine... he isn't breathing."

Sge let out a long howl and fell onto her brother, the sounds of screaming and sirens filling her ears.