‹ Prequel: Inner Demons

Hit and Run

Chapter 7

Gerard emitted a low growl, running his hands across Nadine's body. She moaned softly, attaching her lips to his jawline, nibbling at the small bit of hair that had managed to spring up. He carefully removed their clothes, staring Nadine straight in the eye, "I love you..." he whispered, kissing her fully on the mouth.

Nadine sighted gently, wrapping her arms around his back, "I love you too..."

He entered her slowly, nuzzling her neck. Nadine let out a tiny gasp, locking her legs around his. He moved his hands down her milky sides, placing soft, feverish kisses along her collarbone. "Go a bit faster, Gee." she whispered, nibbling on his ear.

He complied, feeling as Nadine rolled her hips with his. She moaned softly, burying her head into his neck. He sped up again, grunting as he tried to steady his thrusts. Nadine opened her chocolate eyes, "Ger..."

Sweat began to bead on his forehead, "Y-yes babe?" he panted.

"I love you so much..."

He craned his head back, speeding up yet again. Nadine moaned loudly, her hips creating an unbearable skin-on-skin friction. He began to kiss her, his chaste lips searching everywhere his neck could go. She tightened up, moaning loudly, almost screaming his name. He smirked, and rubbed himself against her. After a sinuous 10 minutes, the couple broke apart, each giving the other a ravenous look, then sighing to themselves. Nadine sat upright, toying with Gerard's hair, "You seem depressed." she mused.

He turned his head, watching as the young girl focused on pleating his locks, "Like... really depressed. I'm worried about you."

Gerard sighed, "I guess I am... I dunno."

Nadine didn't answer, instead she kissed the top of his head, "Just don't drink anymore... please."

He sighed again, "I can't help it, you know that."

She looked over into the kitchen, an array of hard liquors set along the counter, almost begging to be consumed. Her gaze fell back to Gerard, "Why though, Gerard? Why not ask for help?"

He pulled away from her, pulling on his blue boxers and sweatpants. "I don't need help." he growled, heading for the stairs.

Nadine scoffed, "Christ Gerard, I only wanna see you healthy and happy."

"I am happy." he muttered, going up to their bedroom.

"Obviously not!" Nadine shouted at him, following behind him.

"All you do nowadays is drink, fuck me and lock yourself inside our room!" she screamed.

Gerard turned, his eyes lime green with fury, "Fuck you! Fuck you!"

"YOU ALREADY DO THAT!"

Gerard roared, and turned fully, grabbing Nadine by her shoulders, '"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Nadine whimpered softly, feeling his hands tighten around her shoulders. She looked around desperately, "G-gee... I'm sorry... please don't hurt me"

He dragged her over to the staircase, gripping onto her long, black hair, "Fuck... you..." he panted, tossing her down.

Her body crashed into the first step, before tumbling down, her body laying still on the landing. Gerard seethed, his shoulders convulsing. There was a tiny whimper behind him, and he turned to see Frank, hair wet and stuck to his face. He cried out quietly, rushing down to his sister. He looked back up at Gerard, who had begun to shake , "Gee... how could you?" he cried.

He held up his hands, "I-I dunno.... I dunno..."

He stared down at Frank, who had pulled Nadine into his lap. Gerard let out a dry sob, before turning on his heel and running into their room. He threw himself down on the floor, sobbing wildly. What had he done? He dug around underneath their bed, finally retrieving a black show boxed that had been taped down. He hastily ripped the tape off, rotting through papers and pictures, a small braclet Bert had given him ages ago... then he found it. It was still full, concealed by a wad of rubber bands. He unraveled each one carefully, trying not to spill the precious find. He cupped the small baggie in his hand, staring at the white powder within.

"God help me..." he muttered, before snorting the entire thing.

Gerard coughed quietly, his intoxicated mind clouded by a haze of white dust and green glitter. He could hear voices rise and fall beneath him, lost in swirl of cries and sirens. He shifted his left arm, pulling it onto his heaving chest. The sounds grew closer, the steady beat of footsteps drawing closer to the room. He craned his neck upwards, the room blurring together like a watercolor stain. Pinks meshing with navys and yellows, the white walls melting into the carpet, the fleshy tones of people he'd never seen blending into the back round. A quiet cry escaped past his lips, followed closely by a rivulet of drool rolling down his chin. Something touched his face, caressing his skin lovingly. He blinked, a brilliant set of blue eyes facing his, "Del?" he whispered.

The eyes nodded, and their hands went downward, felling his chest and stomach. He shuddered madly, pushing the hands away with his last few shreds of strength. His chest convulsed, the sour taste of bile bubbling up in his throat. He whimpered as his body purged itself, the utter force of them sending him toppling off the bed. The hands returned, pulling his torso upright. "Gee... Gerard open your eyes... please open your eyes."

He convulsed again, vomit flowing down his neck and chest, staining his clothes, staining the carpet, staining him. The hands snaked around his chest, pulling the sticky clothes from his body. "Wh-what are you doing?" he cried, his voice all but a whisper.

The hands stopped, moving up and cupping his cheek. "Open you're eyes..."

He quivered, trying desperately to see, "I-I can't..." he whined.

The shakes overcame his body, a cold, cramped feeling coarsing through him. "I cant..."

The hands combed through his knotted hair, "Try."

Again he struggled, exhaustion beginning to take its toll. The hands pulled away and the sound of footsteps came into his head again. "Don't go..."

He cried out, pain now replacing the coldness, forcing him to curl up and convulse. Hot tears swelled in his eyes, "Help..."

The convulsions grew more violent, throwing his body about like a fish without water. His vocal cords pulsed with the desire to scream, but his lungs were plugged up by a tainted smoke that had flooded into the room. A tiny whipmer had managed its way out, before he was able to give out a bellow. "HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME!" he screamed, his voice wavering as the convulsions crashed through him.

The colors blurred again, but his eyes were open. A set of black came into veiw, followed shortly by the blurry image of hands. The hands scooped him up, and Gerard buried his head into the warm chest of the strange, "Thank you..."

The person said nothing, carrying him outside into the birght sun. He closed his eyes again, gasping for breath in the dark blue fabric of the stranger's shirt. Something enclosed his mouth, filling his lungs with pure air. The stranger fell into veiw, he was a young man, no older than Gerard. "Okay... he's awake, get him in the other bus."

Gerard was lifted, darkness clouding his vision again.