Sequel: Inhale
Status: Dead in the water. Look at the sequel.

Suffocate

Annoucement.

Okay,

First of all I want to thank everyone SO MUCH for the amount of attention and love this story had gotten. I've never had one on here that seemed to be so enjoyed and that really means a lot to me.

Unfortunately I've just lost my way with it ( as you may have guessed by my massive delays between chapters) I do have more written up but it simply got to the point where I realised with another read through that I wasn't happy with where it was going and really, who I had turned Elenia into. I ended up turning the character into someone who seemed unable to function without Finnick and that was never my intention, I just let it flow and lost my way with that. I wanted it to be a love story with the character of Finnick but ended up stuck, I felt, with all aspects of Elenia and the way forward.

That being said, if you take a look up to the lovely sequel section ( does wild arm gesture to appropriate place on screen) You will see I am rewriting it, to try and avoid these problems and add some more flesh to what unfortunately I feel became a two dimensional and sad character. Also I will make sure I proof read far better!

I had intended on just re-writing the section in District Thirteen as this is where I became unhappy but on further reflection I thought I would prefer to just re-write the whole story. THE MAIN PLOT WILL BE THE SAME, I just want to add more background, depth and in general hopefully make a better story and character.

So, if you do fancy it, PLEASE give it a read and let me know what you think.

If not, again thank you so much for everything with Suffocate!

Much love,

Melissa